Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultra LEB in Canada
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ultra LEB in Canada

netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
edited March 2013 in General

I need a VPS for VPN in Canada, no need for fancy things, 500GB bandwidth and 32mb RAM, can be 1GB storage.

Any suuuper discount on? LEB doesnt seem to have any good ones

thanks

Comments

• tmunroetmunroe Member
    edited March 2013

I am looking for a similar one in Canada too. I would be hosting an IRC bouncer on it (just for personal use on freenode, etc), and the am looking for similar specs as OP.

Any super cheap suggestions?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I found this: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/provisionhost-13-33-year-128mb-openvz-in-dallas-texas-toronto-canada/

but 13 for a 128? Maybe a 32mb can have a better price?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

I searched around for one for a while to finish watching some shows on Netflix without any luck. Had to resort to a free VPN service which worked great for me needs. http://freecanadavpn.com

• but 13 for a 128? Maybe a 32mb can have a better price?

I bought that VPS from them a month ago and it's great for other things, but I'm still trying to get OpenVPN working. My ticket has been opened since 2/19.

I think that the node needs to be configured to work with OpenVPN (I gave them the link in my original ticket message) and that my VPS container needs TUN/TAP manually enabled. I had the exact same issue with URPad and they fixed it right away. When I asked them how they fixed it, they said that they manually enabled TUN/TAP on my VPS container.

@KuJoe said: I searched around for one for a while to finish watching some shows on Netflix without any luck. Had to resort to a free VPN service which worked great for me needs.

maybe share a the price of a vps and add accounts for vpn?

• dosserverscadosserversca Member
    edited March 2013

You can try us BetaVPS.net but lowest VPS is $5/mo

we have different view of a LEB :P

• lzplzp Member

@netomx said: but 13 for a 128? Maybe a 32mb can have a better price?

How much lower do you want it to be? The IP isn't free.

• Yeah 13,33/y already is a very decent deal. I guess you could ask them if they are willing to reduce the ram a little and offer you a tiny bit less, but I wouldn't expect anything unter 12$ or maybe 10$ if they reduce the bandwidth to 100GB. It isn't like just divide the specs by 2 and you get half the price.

btw I grabbed one of those and it's working flawless, really good offer I think

@lzp said: How much lower do you want it to be? The IP isn't free.

I know. Well, for example, SD got aprox 8 a year

updte: anyone got support from them? 48 hours and no reply to the ticket :(