Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESXI - Are there any good utilities to determine which VM is abusing DISK I/O?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

you can try nodewatch but it is only for OVZ at http://vpsantiabuse.com/

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You can try WD-40 but it's not for this situation at all.

• On a serious note, V-Sphere should give you some status that will help, however ESXI isn't really an environment that attracts free / open source tools.

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

@jarland said:
    You can try WD-40 but it's not for this situation at all.

You re right I did not read all, did not see that was VMware, so WD 40 will do it

• WD-40 is pretty good to have around but i agree it's not for this situation at all, just like nodewatch.

Do you run a standalone vsphere hypervisor or do you have a "non free" license and run vcenter?

• jeromezajeromeza Member
    edited July 2016

@zrunner - Paid for instance.

At the moment i'm looking at:

Sexilog
    Veeam One Free
    VMTurbo

• @jeromeza said:
    Sexilog
    Veeam One Free
    VMTurbo

I was going to say VMTurbo and Veeam, had not heard about Sexilog so i'll look into that one thanks :)

• @AnthonySmith - esxtop is painful across a ton of hosts....

Looking at vRealize Operations Manager or vRealize Log Insight (looks like an ELK clone) now, $$$ for Ops Manager but it looks great for this kind of thing.

vRealize Log Insight is included with our license though so I may just default to that.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

jeromeza said: esxtop is painful across a ton of hosts

Sure is, but then again, there was no mention of that in the OP and also, it has a batch output and nothing is more accurate.