Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to test which country is best for hosting from my country?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

raihan0888raihan0888 Member
edited December 2011 in Help

individually ping different data center web address manually or any other simple way you know?

can you please share how i check?

Comments

• I would just ping them, it's not like it takes a long time to do :P

Thanked by 1greentea
  • Ping tests, speed tests, load some test pages...

Thanked by 1greentea
  • You could use the collective wisdom, tell us which is your country and then maybe we can make some recommendations to you.

• @rds100 said: You could use the collective wisdom, tell us which is your country and then maybe we can make some recommendations to you.

Bangladesh

• Maybe you can try a ping to your IP (or some of your local IP's) from here

http://www.just-ping.com/

• Good Idea.
    It Works.Thanks.. :)

• @raihan0888 said: can you please share how i check?

Ping is not the only measurement. You want to make sure wherever your hosting has adequate bandwidth to your target audience. For example, it's faster to host on the west coast of USA and push the data over the Pacific to Australia than it is to actually host in Australia with some providers. The ping is 80ms higher, but the bandwidth makes up for all time lost on the ping once it starts streaming to the browser.

Look here for some basic info as well http://www.cablemap.info/

Go for hosts that use connections that feed to your closest point.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Singapore or Hong Kong would be my first recommendations if you're in Bangladesh.

Thanked by 1raihan0888