Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

.htaccess ruleset to replace simple reverse proxy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

.htaccess ruleset to replace simple reverse proxy

BochiBochi Member

Hey guys,

as I am struggling with the following problem for quite some time now and beloved Google wasn't able to solve it, I dare to ask here in the hope of reaching some .htaccess guru around here.

At the moment I got the following (pretty basic) reverse proxy setup using caddy:

domain2.de, www.domain2.de {

tls [email protected]
  proxy /uploads https://www.domain1.de/
  proxy / https://www.domain1.de/path/

[...]

}

Due to the simple nature of this setup I would love to replace this with some extension to my existing .htaccess file to cut out the need for the proxy server.
The goal is to internally rewrite domain2 to respond with content below domain1.

So, could someone tell me if my current tries failed simply because its not possible or just due to the fact that I am a complete fail at using .htaccess properly? :P

Regards, Bochi

Comments

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited July 2016

As far as i know you cant setup proxy in Apache via .htaccess, i think you will need to use ProxyPass in the Apache vhost not 100% sure as i not used Apache for a number of years

• BochiBochi Member

@Razza said:
    As far as i know you cant setup proxy in Apache via .htaccess, i think you will need to use ProxyPass in the Apache vhost not 100% sure as i not used Apache for a number of years

Tried that before, but the provider doesn't support that module.
    But I might not have been clear with me question: I wan't to completely replace the reverse proxy setup with an URL rewrite (if possible), as I think this simple use case doesn't require the proxy at all.