Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS security update - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS security update

Comments

• @soluslabs this patch is working for us so far.

• @soluslabs said: Monday.

Is this set in stone? I am looking forward to this update.

• @XFS_Brian said: Is this set in stone? I am looking forward to this update.

99.9%

• @phxadam said: @soluslabs this patch is working for us so far.

Thanks for confirming.

• RaidLogicRaidLogic Member
    edited March 2013

Did whmcs fix the IPN bug and others from 5.1.3/5.1.4?

• IshaqIshaq Member

Great.

More patches that don't work properly.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

They sent me a patch for the patch through a ticket FYI.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

EBWOP: The patch patch works. Jarland just proved that to me :P

• They updated the patches..

http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=69478

• johnjohn Member
    edited March 2013

They updated 5.2.1 zip without notification...

MD5 of this afternoon's file: 541b2251bfedb699e1b7ce1c87b18fcb
    MD5 of current file: e10bfe4aea440a162dd0b8f31eea4ca2

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Nick_A said: Jarland just proved that to me :P

I could spin up a 256mb on mine.... or I could add to my collection ;)

• So they gave us a fix for the patches, but I have to break my WHMCS with a patch then fix it with the fix? I can't go from 'exploitable' version to fixed without breaking it first?

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@Spencer said: So they gave us a fix for the patches, but I have to break my WHMCS with a patch then fix it with the fix? I can't go from 'exploitable' version to fixed without breaking it first?

WHMCS Logic.

• Just download the fixed version and patch with it:
    0a4cd250ea44c288edabdeb1b77f05b4 whmcs_v514_patch_v2.zip
    54f39e33b6e508865dc6fcbb0f6bf87b whmcs_v514_patch_v1_broken.zip

0a4cd250ea44c288edabdeb1b77f05b4 is the latest.

Note that they didn't bother to change the file name (again). So it's always whmcs_v514_patch.zip - make sure to check the md5sum before applying.

• That fixed the PayPal IPN issue on two of my installations... getting real tired of this. Perhaps it is time for an in-house billing system?

• Is there any confirmation that the new version is fully working (v5.1.4)?

• @soluslabs New patch (5.1.4) works fine here.

• @fileMEDIA said: @soluslabs New patch (5.1.4) works fine here.

And here!

• noeztnoezt Member
    edited March 2013

at 5.2 i got this error if a customer want to change the root pw or hostname (popup)

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare initialiseclientarea() in /dev/www/includes/clientareafunctions.php on line 3

• @noezt said: at 5.2 i got this error if a customer want to change the root pw or hostname (popup)

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare initialiseclientarea() in /dev/www/includes/clientareafunctions.php on line 3

Is this with our 3.12 module?

• noeztnoezt Member

Its with the latest Version. (downloaded 5 minutes ago)

• @noezt said: Its with the latest Version. (downloaded 5 minutes ago)

ok i'll take a look

• @noezt said: Its with the latest Version. (downloaded 5 minutes ago)

This should fix it http://files.soluslabs.com/solusvm/modules/whmcs/solusvm_whmcsmodule_v3.13.zip

• noeztnoezt Member

>

thank you. The error has gone and now there is the complete client area in the popup.

• @noezt said: thank you. The error has gone and now there is the complete client area in the popup.

It's because you are logged into the client area as an admin. WHMCS have dropped the client session id when logged in as an admin. If you login directly as a client it works fine.

• @soluslabs said: It's because you are logged into the client area as an admin. WHMCS have dropped the client session id when logged in as an admin. If you login directly as a client it works fine.

Yup, all good on v5.2 with that latest file, thanks!

• snelwegsnelweg Member
    edited March 2013

@fileMEDIA said: WHMCS changed in 5.2 their db class to a new file (old dbconnect.php).

yep, same problem here. Some add-on stopped working. Fixing them now (damned encrypted crap code)

NOT A FIX: copy an old dbconnect.php file to your root (will not work cuz the licensefunctions.php will be missing ( I HATE THAT ENCODED CRAP)

OH btw:

Further release notes will be added here throughout the course of testing. ( http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_5.2_Release_Notes#Upgrade_Steps )

Hu????? This is a release version, all this kinda crap should have been dealt with before the release!

• I had no issues patching up to 5.2.1. The only issues where that some addons stopped working after the patch. I wonder what's causing all this upgrading probs :D

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@icySrv said: I had no issues patching up to 5.2.1. The only issues where that some addons stopped working after the patch. I wonder what's causing all this upgrading probs :D

Shitty coding done :)

Too bad there aren't any other alternatives.

• soluslabssoluslabs Member
    edited March 2013

I've updated the module to use the new WHMCS client area classes. It "should" fix all the issues now. It should also work for any of the 5 series

http://files.soluslabs.com/solusvm/modules/whmcs/solusvm_whmcsmodule_v3.14.zip