Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPN in Time Warner Cable or Comcast Xfinity (w/tv service)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPN in Time Warner Cable or Comcast Xfinity (w/tv service)

hacktekhacktek Member
edited July 2016 in Requests

Hi there,

I'm looking to access TWC/Xfinity in home streaming channels though their Android apps and would like to use this functionality though with a VPN as I'm currently abroad. Can anyone help out with this?

Thanks

Comments

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

I do not think anybody will allow this in his home connection ?

• Hopefully someone can somehow.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Hopefully,so suppose if you hack a bank from his connection,he goes to jail,your name is suspicious too :)

• dailydaily Member
    edited July 2016

I'm on Time Warner Cable (soon to be Spectrum) in the tri-state area. I will allow you a 10Mbit connection limited to 50GB monthly for $75 a month. Let me know if you're interested.

• hzrhzr Member

daily said: I'm on Time Warner Cable (soon to be Spectrum) in the tri-state area. I will allow you a 10Mbit connection limited to 50GB monthly for $75 a month. Let me know if you're interested.

At least in my experience, to log in to Comcast's VOD/live apps you need the @comcast.net username/password..

• dailydaily Member

@hzr said:

daily said: I'm on Time Warner Cable (soon to be Spectrum) in the tri-state area. I will allow you a 10Mbit connection limited to 50GB monthly for $75 a month. Let me know if you're interested.

At least in my experience, to log in to Comcast's VOD/live apps you need the @comcast.net username/password..

Yeah, he'll log in using his info on my connection. No problem there.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@daily said:

@hzr said:

Yeah, he'll log in using his info on my connection. No problem there.

Seems like a terrible idea!

• Lol, I'm not looking to hack or do anything weird, literally just want to test out "in-home" tv access.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@hacktek said:
    Hi there,

I'm looking to access TWC/Xfinity in home streaming channels though their Android apps and would like to use this functionality though with a VPN as I'm currently abroad. Can anyone help out with this?

My Charlotte location has TWC/Level3 so it may fit your needs.

• @miTgiB said:

@hacktek said:
    Hi there,

My Charlotte location has TWC/Level3 so it may fit your needs.

Thx, I'll give it a look.

• It will be the next Uber/AirBNB. Home internet connection sharing.

• @chasewalsh said:
    It will be the next Uber/AirBNB. Home internet connection sharing.

I think it's already happening: http://www.vpngate.net/en/

They just need to add monetization. For OP's question it wouldn't help though, the TV services are behind paywall.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

FYI not sure where you live, but DirecTV costs less than $30/m and let's you stream a ton of channels through app anywhere anytime. The login also works for the cable tv apps for Apple TV, etc. They just won't let you have it without shoving a dish somewhere, whether you use it or not.

• @jarland said:
    FYI not sure where you live, but DirecTV costs less than $30/m and let's you stream a ton of channels through app anywhere anytime. The login also works for the cable tv apps for Apple TV, etc. They just won't let you have it without shoving a dish somewhere, whether you use it or not.

It's $50/month and has way fewer channels than PSN Vue. I see ESPN is not included in this plan for example.

edited July 2016

elwebmaster said: It's $50/month and has way fewer channels than PSN Vue. I see ESPN is not included in this plan for example.

$30/m if you chat them up, and you always should with companies like that. They have a lot of wiggle room and they're trained to upsell. There's no perfect subscription streaming service out there, tbh. I'd gladly pay upwards of $150/m for the equivalent of my cable TV with just the ability to take it anywhere (service, not hardware), but no one wants my money badly enough. DirecTV was the best I'd found so far, but I don't own a playstation.

Edit: Wait, is Vue available on everything else too? I had no idea... worth checking out. Thanks for the tip.

Edit2: Damnit, does require a playstation. Oh well. Still pretty cool.

• @jarland said:

elwebmaster said: It's $50/month and has way fewer channels than PSN Vue. I see ESPN is not included in this plan for example.

$30/m if you chat them up, and you always should with companies like that. They have a lot of wiggle room and they're trained to upsell. There's no perfect subscription streaming service out there, tbh. I'd gladly pay upwards of $150/m for the equivalent of my cable TV with just the ability to take it anywhere (service, not hardware), but no one wants my money badly enough. DirecTV was the best I'd found so far, but I don't own a playstation.

Edit: Wait, is Vue available on everything else too? I had no idea... worth checking out. Thanks for the tip.

Edit2: Damnit, does require a playstation. Oh well. Still pretty cool.

Vue is available on anything.

Sling just started Sling Blue which has NBC stuff (including USA Network, which I guess is what people over here care abou) for $25 .

edited July 2016

elwebmaster said: Vue is available on anything.

Only when your playstation is on your home network it seems.

Never had decent performance with it. Their support always refused to acknowledge it. Shows would just stop and you'd have to close the app and open it again. Went on for months until I gave up.

• @jarland said:

elwebmaster said: Vue is available on anything.

Only when your playstation is on your home network it seems.

Where are you reading this? You just login to the PlayStation Network website, pay with paypal and get activation code for your device. I think you are confusing it with the requirement to have all your devices on the same network in order to watch streams simultaneously, I haven't seen any requirement to have a playstation.

Never had decent performance with it. Their support always refused to acknowledge it. Shows would just stop and you'd have to close the app and open it again. Went on for months until I gave up.

Which app were you using? Works fine on Roku. May be you need a VPS :)

elwebmaster said: Where are you reading this? You just login to the PlayStation Network website, pay with paypal and get activation code for your device. I think you are confusing it with the requirement to have all your devices on the same network in order to watch streams simultaneously, I haven't seen any requirement to have a playstation.

This is what halted me:
    http://drop.jarland.me/1g4mg

That's on the popup when I click "Start Free Trial."

elwebmaster said: Which app were you using?

Mac/iOS/Android. It's been about 4 months since then admittedly. But it was such a bad experience, the kind that sends you packing to never return ;)

• jarland said: That's on the popup when I click "Start Free Trial."

>

I don't think this means what you think it means. It means that you can only use the service at the address you activate it at, i.e. you can't take the device and bring it to a friend's house then connect from there. Playstation being just an example of a device that can use the service. https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/faq/#47
    There is a free trial after all, just give it a try and see if it works, if not you lose nothing :)

Thanked by 1jar