Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

improve seeding speed?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

improve seeding speed?

My downloads are super fast. However, uploads/ seeding is limited to 2-3 kbps. Its a windows server and has the windows firewall disabled. I use the latest utorrent client. I have ensured all upload/ download speeds are set at 0 (unlimited)

Speed test : Upload/ Download: 80 Mbps (mega bits / s). This I believe is OK but still faster than 2-3 kbps.

Is there any setting which I need to check to see why uploads are slow?

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

Probably people from outside are unable to connect to your PC. Probably a router/modem/firewall is not forwarding incoming connections / ports.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

you might want to specify a port for incoming connections in your torrent client and make sure the port is open with something like http://ping.eu/port-chk/

• I'll not be surprised if your ISP throttles BitTorrent traffic, but yeah, on default configuration I can download torrents pretty fast, all depends on the seeders' network though!

v4 + v6 (6to4) connections here.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Your ISP might be shaping BT traffic, but that's a bit extreme if it's the case.

• edited July 2016

There is an easy way to tell if there is throttling, just setup an external VPN, and wait for a while. See if the upload speeds are better. They may simply be throttling you on ports that do not have a destination of 80 (HTTP), or 443 (HTTPS), which you can also test by changing the ports on the VPN a bit.