Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REAL London providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

REAL London providers

NekkiNekki Veteran
edited July 2016 in General

An offer thread this morning got me thinking - who's actually offering plans in actual, real, honest to goodness London, or London Docklands?

No Kent, no Hampshire, and FFS no Enfield, please.

So far, I know @linuxthefish is offering stuff out of Voxility in Docklands and @Infinity has stuff in Level 3's facility in Clerkenwell.

Who else is there? Searching seems to yield fairly outdated or inconclusive results.

Comments

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

We're in London Docklands.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited July 2016

@linuxthefish services are great, got a vm running there.

edited July 2016

@Jack said:
    Glasgow OK?

Jack is OK too, he's a great guy, also got a vm running there.
    Service is solid.

Edit: Also have with @kt, but.. Iniz isn't what it used to be. :P

• NekkiNekki Veteran

kt said: We're in London Docklands.

Which facility?

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

MrGeneral said: Edit: Also have with @kt, but.. Iniz isn't what it used to be. :P

We're not the best option for those who want to avoid VAT by claiming their personal tax ID is their VAT ID to avoid minuscule extra amount otherwise I think we provide pretty good service. Unlike others we are registered in UK and pay all tax due, accounts are public as well.

Take that as you will :)

Thanked by 2boernd Riz
  • @clouvider - AFAIK, Their dc is in London

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Jack said: Glasgow OK?

Bantz

• NekkiNekki Veteran

sdglhm said: @clouvider - AFAIK, Their dc is in London

ENFIELD, YOU CUNT

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • ktkt Member, Host Rep

Nekki said: Which facility?

City Reach/DocklandsDC

• NekkiNekki Veteran

kt said: We're not the best option for those who want to avoid VAT by claiming their personal tax ID is their VAT ID to avoid minuscule extra amount otherwise I think we provide pretty good service. Unlike others we are registered in UK and pay all tax due, accounts are public as well.

Bantz

• NekkiNekki Veteran

kt said: City Reach/DocklandsDC

Telstra, right?

• Using an INIZ OpenVZ VPS from more thn a year now and i can say @kt provide really great services and their support is awesome always willing to help you specially the ticket response time is really quick and live chat is also available in working hours. I recently moved my VPS from their NL location to UK.

I ordered this VPS from their other site openvz.io back in 2015. @kt is openvz.io still running? i use iniz client area to manage my VPS so not sure if that site is active now.

Thanked by 1kt
  • ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2016

Nekki said: Telstra, right?

The facility seem to have varying names (Tutis Point / City Reach), right now it is called "Docklands Data Centre". Telstra is/was a client of "City Reach / DDCL" I believe.

WebGuru said: I ordered this VPS from their other site openvz.io back in 2015. @kt is openvz.io still running? i use iniz client area to manage my VPS so not sure if that site is active now.

Yes still running, we just updated the site few days ago. OpenVZ.io will have new locations soon (Romania, Germany, Sweden, (Maybe) Russia, Chicago/Miami/Dallas/Denver and any others where we can ship some E5s out to for a decent price :))

• kt said: Kishan

oh thats a great news best of luck!

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited July 2016

What's so special about "real London", unless you want very low ping to some stock exchange servers or something like that? I mean the UK is not that big as a territory, London should be no more than 10ms RTT away from anywhere in UK.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • bersybersy Member

Seems Dediserve is in Docklands too http://speedtest.c1.lon2.dediserve.com/

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@rds100 said:
    What's so special about "real London", unless you want very low ping to some stock exchange servers or something like that? I mean the UK is not that big as a territory, London should be no more than 10ms RTT away from anywhere in UK.

You'd think, right?

• I wonder if Big Ben has network access...

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Jack said: Glasgow OK?

Kansas City OK?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I've got some VPS in Pyongyang. You want one?

Thanked by 2raindog308 drazilox
  • I'm about 50 miles away from London :)

edited July 2016

@kt said:

MrGeneral said: Edit: Also have with @kt, but.. Iniz isn't what it used to be. :P

We're not the best option for those who want to avoid VAT by claiming their personal tax ID is their VAT ID to avoid minuscule extra amount otherwise I think we provide pretty good service. Unlike others we are registered in UK and pay all tax due, accounts are public as well.

What a nice example, humm?

Actually, my personal VAT ID, is a valid one, just not in Vies, as only companies have a valid VAT ID in Vies.

I don't lie.

I own a registered company in Portugal as well. Your attitude was mediocre.

Edit: Sorry @Nekki. Just want to add this here.

@kt

"It's renewal time. The suspended VPS is being resold to a friend of mine, which I do not get a profit from. I know you guys now charge VAT, however, I have my VAT number in Portugal, which shows invalid in the European validation website, for VAT removal, could you please allow me to upload my citizen card scan so you can confirm that it is indeed my VAT number? All this to avoid the VAT, we really want to renew this server today :-)."

My VAT number is REAL and VALID.
    Vies only validates VAT numbers from companies. Although I didn't know back in that time that only companies would be VAT excempt. I didn't know I was rude to you.

Another one:

"Hello,

I used to pay 16.13 GBP and the prices have increased. I am being billed almost 20GBP for the small VPS I have with you.

Is there anything you can do? If not, I'll need to migrate, as it's quite costly for me."

Reply:

"We can only add VAT ID that can be verified on VIES, if we're unable to do so then you will need to pay the price stated and claim back using reverse charge with your local authority.

Kind regards,"

So, my fail here, was the fact that I was not aware about the VAT exception. As for VAT IDs, may your guy know that, in this case, only registered companies have a VAT ID in Vies. So my VAT ID is still valid, not in Vies, as only companies do.

As you can see, I didn't try to trick you or commited any fraud.

"...claiming their personal tax ID is their VAT ID to avoid minuscule extra amount..."

16.13 GBP to 19.84 GBP isn't a small fee compared to the original pricing. It's a 4 GBP (close to) price increase.

In all these years I've paid Iniz around 112GBP. I'm still an active client, but I guess I'm a good one, even though it's a small income. The VPS that I have with you has:

196.2 MB of 1000 GB Used / 999.8 GB Free
    Memory: 21%
    220 MB of 1 GB Used / 804 MB Free
    Disk: 14%
    6.9 GB of 50 GB Used / 43.1 GB Free

Now stop being an ass and get a better argument. Value your clients.
    You're an ass.

Patrick > You.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Try vps247 - their London location is inside one of the Telehouse DCs and their network is good.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2016

@linuxthefish said:
    I wonder if Big Ben has network access...

It actually has... It just looks shitty as soon as the cable is attached.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki what are you looking for in central London? Dedi or colo perhaps ?

• I sometimes substitute London with Buffalo, my customers can't tell the difference.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2016

MrGeneral said: Actually, my personal VAT ID, is a valid one, just not in Vies, as only companies have a valid VAT ID in Vies.

I wasn't trying to be rude but this is the 2nd time in the last week or so you stated service has gone down hill publicly here when in fact the location you're in along with the node has been rock solid.

The only time you contacted us was this above issue, never for anything else in over 400 days. You stated you no longer have services with us anymore in your last post which was incorrect and I didn't bring you out in that last post but as you now have confirmed you do and despite the service supposedly going down hill and VAT increase you decided to renew.

Assuming you were VAT registered and I was wrong then you would have been able to claim the amount back through your local EU refund mechanism.

"Sole traders" also show up in VIES as each member state has a obligation to report all whom have a VAT ID which usually updates weekly/bi-weekly. I am sure someone else can confirm this. If this is not accurate then open up a ticket with us with a copy of your VAT certificate I'll refund you the VAT (assuming it wasn't claimed back through your countries EU refund mechanism) .

MrGeneral said: Patrick > You.

Yes Patrick will always be favored to those whom he was active with in IRC as he would give treats and all sorts of discounts, sadly I don't have time for such but always happy to offer custom details via PM/Ticket. In terms of old style offers, they'll come in time once we finish on upgrades for existing clients (hardware upgrades, free ddos protection etc).

Now if you stopped criticising us multiple times without any real major issues then i'll gladly stop and we could maybe get along!

Thanked by 1kkrajk
    edited July 2016

kt said: "Sole traders" also show up in VIES as each member state has a obligation to report all whom have a VAT ID which usually updates weekly/bi-weekly. I am sure someone else can confirm this. If this is not accurate then open up a ticket with us with a copy of your VAT certificate I'll refund you the VAT (assuming it wasn't claimed back through your countries EU refund mechanism) .

Only companies or entities have a valid VAT number in VIES, this, in Portugal, I assure you.

What I disliked what the fact that you seemed to claim I was trying to comit fraud for those 4 GBP. I mentioned the problem, as it's clear. That VPS is for a friend of mine that barely uses it, hence the increase, even if small, took me quite a bit some time to explain him why he had to pay more for the service renewal.

It's not about treats and discounts with Patrick. Check my account, I never had such treatment.

Anyway, let's get along. :)

Edit: In Portugal, Sole Trader = Company.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2016

MrGeneral said: Anyway, let's get along. :)

Awesome, feel free to hit me up on skype (kt.syn) if you have any outstanding issues or questions! I'm nice trust me :)

Thanked by 1MikePT

@kt said:

MrGeneral said: Anyway, let's get along. :)

Awesome, feel free to hit me up on skype (kt.syn) if you have any outstanding issues or questions! I'm nice trust me :)

Will do! I promise! :)

Cheers!