Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware! Avoid VirtWire! They cancelled my account without refund!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beware! Avoid VirtWire! They cancelled my account without refund!

loranloran Member
edited July 2016 in Reviews

I ordered a VPS for a year, and another with payment per month, but it is terribly lag and was unavailable a few hours! I wrote to the support service, and they just closed my account!!! The money they have not returned to me! Just scammers specifically Ryan Braakhuis. Beware of them. Warn others do repost. I hope my sad experience will help somebody.

http://i.imgur.com/5fBm0rb.png
Then i got 2 mails with Suspension Reason: Pending Termination
Scammers!

Comments

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited July 2016
  • Everyone can see your IP address. Also, VirtWire is well known to not really have support, especially if you're on their cheap VPS ranges. I'll tag them though! @VirtWire, check this out.

• i feel like there's a reply or two conveniently left out of this...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Whoops, wrong user. @AutoSnipe

• Note; it's not that we aren't providing support, it's that the customer in question wants us to diagnose things that we cannot see, and refuses to work with us and create ticket after ticket after ticket, therefore it's a smart business decision to terminate the service, as he obviously doesn't wish to work his things out and i'm no longer wanting to go around in circles without proper information.

Noting that i've told him to make backups of his data multiple times today, and every occasion he has decided not to on his own accord, therefore given when time becomes available a vzdump will be created for him.

/End Discussion.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • texteditor said: i feel like there's a reply or two conveniently left out of this...

And it will be fun to see them! Go LET!

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @AutoSnipe said:
    Note; it's not that we aren't providing support, it's that the customer in question wants us to diagnose things that we cannot see, and refuses to work with us and create ticket after ticket after ticket, therefore it's a smart business decision to terminate the service, as he obviously doesn't wish to work his things out and i'm no longer wanting to go around in circles without proper information.

I see, thanks for the clarification - since this forum member has decided to take it onto here, I'm sure all of us here would like to see what tickets he has been hiding - would it be possible for you to do so, since OP is conveniently hiding a few tickets/replies? Will probably clear up the air for anyone who sees this thread in the future.

Noting that i've told him to make backups of his data multiple times today, and every occasion he has decided not to on his own accord, therefore given when time becomes available a vzdump will be created for him.

It's nice of you to be providing VZdump, even when the customer has been warned and continues being unreasonable.

/End Discussion.

Heck yeah!

• Unfortunately I will not be providing the other tickets or any other replies from tickets, as it is not my place to do so.

Yes, a vzdump will be created for the customer, hosted on an external storage server and be given a substantial timeframe for them to download it from, as they've made it quite clear they do not wish to create their own backup given the chance.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited July 2016

If your VPS are in the LA location, then it's down due to the provider's IP space (Fevvo/Swiftnode). Read the announcements and you will see that Ryan is providing every bit of information to keep his customers informed. And instead of constantly bumping the ticket, next time learn to have patience, maybe that will have your problem solved and not have your account terminated.

PS: From one of your comments, it looks like you were threatening Ryan that you will post a bad review if he doesn't solve your issue immediately. That itself will get you kicked out from almost every provider.

• fyi you get better results if you escalte the threat from 'post a bad review' to 'stalk and kill your family'

• loranloran Member

I would not write anything and if everything worked as it should. He just suspend my account with two VPS for which I paid without any reason. Incidentally VPS was really bad. I hope you will be able to buy a little bit of brains on my money. Enjoy.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Title changed. I'll leave the word "scam" in the title when one person actually reports a scam after making the claim of one. You don't have to be right, friendly, or even running a respectable business to still be above the word "scam."

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2016

texteditor said: i feel like there's a reply or two conveniently left out of this...

Uhm nope he didn't?

And -- "someone says for you to leave and you tell them no; Im sorry but you have no leverage here" -- no excuse for language like that. Just reeks of a little man with problems in life getting to wave his little dick at least SOMEWHERE, in his own little VPS company at an unlucky client.

At the very least, apologize and do a pro-rated refund to the client.

Thanked by 2switsys angrysnarl
  • loran said: without any reason

This has been covered, and will be recapped below

loran said: Incidentally VPS was really bad

This too has been covered, and you failed to provide any actual information about it, therefore nothing was going to be fixed.

loran said: buy a little bit of brains on my money

By all means, take your money. It doesn't in fact bother me one bit, what does is when you want to say there's a problem. and not elaborate, not provide any real information and start demanding things and completely ignoring the requests over ticket. over and over over multiple tickets where you still fail to provide the requested information therefore wasting both mine and your time.

Then you were told to make a backup of your data as I wouldn't be continuing the contract, because you wouldn't provide any actual information about what the issue was, but rather seeing me as a mind reader (i hanged up my mind reader's hat a long long time ago), in which you refused to. then I suspended the VPS' as you were adamant on not creating a backup on your own, so I've decided to step in and do it myself, All of which you gave me express rights to do when you accepted the terms of service stating that I could in fact suspend the service.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@rm_ said:

texteditor said: i feel like there's a reply or two conveniently left out of this...

Uhm nope he didn't?

There's definitely something missing from that. Re-read the messages, there's a sudden jump that makes no sense and a reference to something we can't see. Not to mention the browser screenshots shows a couple of downloaded .bmp files and the OP has Paint open.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Sounds like what we can't see is in other tickets. In that case, not really something the rest of us can make informed statements about.

• maybe some of you providers should just get together and make a new WHCMS captcha module that makes you write a sed expression or enter a command to add a specific username or some other Linux trivia before an order gets placed

• @loran said:

Like anyone can read that, nice try.

• Noting that context isn't there considering it's only one of the tickets.

But, @texteditor has a nice idea there!..

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Good job with 8 damn tickets, I doubt anyone would open 8 tickets for any reason other than to beg for something or annoy the staff.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Noting that context isn't there considering it's only one of the tickets.

But, @texteditor has a nice idea there!..

Add a section in your TOS saying that "Stupidy will lead to a suspension/and or termination. Failure to be somewhat intelligent or have the skills to run the server yourself (unmanaged!) will also lead to termination. In other words: if you're stupid, don't sign up.*"

and

"*intelligence is determined our fair, perfectly unbiased verification system."

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Mate, stop trying to take us for mugs, there's more than you're telling us, so there's reason you're being deliberately deceptive, most likely that you've behaved like a bit of a cunt at some point and you don't want to lose sympathy.

Just fuck off and take your petty little argument over a few dollars elsewhere, we don't give a fuck, most of us thought Virtwire were shit anyway so this isn't even drama worthy.

Thanked by 2netomx switsys
  • ATHKATHK Member

So where's the bit about you running off to forums and complaining? You've still left things out of the ticket by the looks of it.

Anyway, good job Ryan! I would expect a lot of providers to do the same.

• edited July 2016

@texteditor said:
    maybe some of you providers should just get together and make a new WHCMS captcha module that makes you write a sed expression or enter a command to add a specific username or some other Linux trivia before an order gets placed

Example:

Q: What is the default shell in Linux?

A: /bin/bash (blacklist the email if answer is "seashells")

Thanked by 2TheLonely netomx
  • theroyalstudent said: Example:

Q: What is the default shell in Linux?

A: /bin/bash (blacklist the email if answer is "seashells")

That's a truly clever plugin. MCQ would do fine in most cases. ;)

• emgemg Veteran
    edited July 2016

This thread fits an oh-so-typical pattern that I see often on LET and WHT:

• User signs up for a VPS service from a provider, often without doing any prior research.
    • User has a problem with their VPS. It may be self-induced or genuinely poor service from the provider.
    • Optional, but common:

• User is inexperienced.
      • User has not bothered to do any self-help web searches for a solution to their problem.
      • User bought an unmanaged VPS, but expects VPS configuration and troubleshooting support and advice from the VPS provider.
      • User bought an ultra-low-price VPS, but assumes 24x7, instant turnaround on support requests.
    • User opens a ticket with the provider.

• Communications between the user and the provider are poor and go downhill quickly.
    • User's latent anger management issues are revealed. The user antagonizes the provider through frequent ticket updates, many tickets, vulgar language, threats, etc.
    • Lacking an instant resolution to the problem, User opens a brand-new account on LET or WHT or elsewhere. Sometimes it happens within hours of when the user signed up for the VPS service.
    • User's first post on the new LET or WHT account is a dire warning to the entire world about the provider's terrible service.

At that point, there are limited variations on the pattern. Most of the time, it does not end well for either the user or the provider.

• @emg said:
    This thread fits an oh-so-typical pattern that I see often on LET and WHT:

• User signs up for a VPS service from a provider, often without doing any prior research.
    • User has a problem with their VPS. It may be self-induced or genuinely poor service from the provider.
    • Optional, but common:

• User is inexperienced.
      • User has not bothered to do any self-help web searches for a solution to their problem.
      • User bought an unmanaged VPS, but expects VPS configuration and troubleshooting support and advice from the VPS provider.
      • User bought an ultra-low-price VPS, but assumes 24x7, instant turnaround on support requests.
    • User opens a ticket with the provider.

• Communications between the user and the provider are poor and go downhill quickly.
    • User's latent anger management issues are revealed. The user antagonizes the provider through frequent ticket updates, many tickets, vulgar language, threats, etc.
    • Lacking an instant resolution to the problem, User opens a brand-new account on LET or WHT or elsewhere. Sometimes it happens within hours of when the user signed up for the VPS service.
    • User's first post on the new LET or WHT account is a dire warning to the entire world about the provider's terrible service.

At that point, there are limited variations on the pattern. Most of the time, it does not end well for either the user or the provider.

These users should be reported on FraudRecord and any other fraud databases providers should use, they should be denied service everywhere.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

emg said: Most of the time, it does not end well for either the user or the provider.

The user has nothing to lose from this (other than money they prepaid), however the provider has everything to lose, and how they handle such users is equally as important as anything else, reputation-wise. And I do not see any particular professionalism shown in lashing out at the user with "get out" in an entirely unrelated ticket which seemingly was about legit and confirmed connectivity issue this time.