Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Germany] Dedi from 14 EUR, VPS from 0,99 EUR on DataSpeex
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Germany] Dedi from 14 EUR, VPS from 0,99 EUR on DataSpeex

fitvpnfitvpn Member
edited July 2016 in General

Saw this today on datapeex.de

Root Server - https://dataspeex.de/de/root-server

VPS (OVZ) - https://dataspeex.de/de/v-server

Someone tried them? Probably good specs and affordable prices. Almost everything under LEB/LET pricing scheme. :) No setup fees. PayPal accepted.

Comments

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@fitvpn said:
    Saw this today on datapeex.de

Dedicated - https://dataspeex.de/de/root-server

8 vCPU Cores - Looks not really dedicated...

Also consider that the owner of this brand has changed the last 18 months over 4 times. First it was a Mrs. (didnt remember their name), then it was Louis Muscroft, then Martin Kieris, now Maxim Gade. They also switched their colo provider multiple times.

Thanked by 2DreamCaster Amitz
  • cassacassa Member

Root server != Dedicated server

Thanked by 1GCat
  • AmitzAmitz Member

What they call "root server" is NOT a dedicated server, but a VPS. For some reason, german providers often use the term "root server" for a VPS.

Thanked by 2zafouhar cassa
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@Amitz said:
    What they call "root server" is NOT a dedicated server, but a VPS. For some reason, german providers often use the term "root server" for a VPS.

Mostly they name kvm vps with full access as rootserver, as we do - it`s very common because the word rootserver itself does not stand for any particular type of server. Strictly, a Root Server is more like a root dns server where the word rootserver (which stands mostly for high power) originates from :-)

• Selling a vps under the term "rootserver" is just some german marketing to mislead the customers. It was normaly a term for a dedicated server. hosteurope did it at one of the first providers... netcup and other providers followed them. i've seen many posts on different forums, from german customers, who had problems with their "rootservers" and every time they thought they got a real dedicated server.

• RamiRami Member

Actually I don't think they are in the market anymore (or they don't need anymore customers ;) )

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

That fucking rootserver scam is pissing me off.... eh.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited July 2016

OK. May be was wrong with some terminology :)

Rami said: Actually I don't think they are in the market

Where you see it? Everything loaded correctly for me.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Root servers for German providers, as I have seen, means KVM/XEN vps. Vps for them is OpenVZ.
    And this offer is definitely a kvm vps, because it says so in their page.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2016

Their "parent company" named "InterColo GmbH" has been incorporated in February 2016. On the other hand, they claim to be in business since 10 years.

• RamiRami Member

@fitvpn said:
    OK. May be was wrong with some terminology :)

Rami said: Actually I don't think they are in the market

Where you see it? Everything loaded correctly for me.

I saw that in my account :D

I tried to order and got this message

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Rami said: I saw that in my account

Try to create order before create account :D

• sandrosandro Member

I was really tempted the other day to try them out but I'm scared about their reputation

• @jvnadr said:
    Root servers for German providers, as I have seen, means KVM/XEN vps. Vps for them is OpenVZ.
    And this offer is definitely a kvm vps, because it says so in their page.

No, rootserver still means for the most people in germany that they get a dedicated server. A vserver means in germany "vps" and they just tell extra if its ovz, kvm or xen.

When the first providers in germany introduced their fake rootservers, they did only plans which looked like a real dedicated server if you looked at the specs...

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Butters said: No, rootserver still means for the most people in germany that they get a dedicated server. A vserver means in germany "vps" and they just tell extra if its ovz, kvm or xen.

OK. I just have seen some companies from DE that present as root servers some high-specs KVM vps.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited July 2016

jvnadr said: OK. I just have seen some companies from DE that present as root servers some high-specs KVM vps.

So far, prices can beat by someone? 16 Cores, 64 Gb RAM?

• RamiRami Member

@fitvpn said:

Rami said: I saw that in my account

Try to create order before create account :D

It's working now (didn't order yet) I think it was some kind of errors

Anyone tried them can post benchmarks?!

• JarryJarry Member

Those OpenVZ-plans look very competitive, i.e. "Speex-v1": 1CPU, 1GB RAM, 50GB HDD for ~1€/m (12€/y).

I'd like to know how much they are overselling and what that "Fair Use" traffic means...

• sandrosandro Member

@Jarry said:
    Those OpenVZ-plans look very competitive, i.e. "Speex-v1": 1CPU, 1GB RAM, 50GB HDD for ~1€/m (12€/y).

I'd like to know how much they are overselling and what that "Fair Use" traffic means...

I asked them to provide a ToS for BW CPU etc...

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • @Amitz said:
    Their "parent company" named "InterColo GmbH" has been incorporated in February 2016. On the other hand, they claim to be in business since 10 years.

I'm 20 years old with 40 years of experience :p

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Jarry said: Fair Use

As well informed Fair Use in Germany meant Unlimited but capped after 2 or 5 Tb to 10Mbps

• JarryJarry Member

I hate that "unlimited, but" bullshit...

• AmitzAmitz Member

The whole offer cries "bullshit". Let's see how many of you come back whining. It's always the same. Price over Brain.

Thanked by 2netomx jvnadr
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Amitz said:
    The whole offer cries "bullshit". Let's see how many of you come back whining. It's always the same. Price over Brain.

It's kinda like

Some people just dont wanna listen :)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

Amitz said: Amitz

Yea. Buy server for 30 EUR and pay 60 EUR setup fee more interesting deal.. :)

• AmitzAmitz Member

fitvpn said: Yea. Buy server for 30 EUR and pay 60 EUR setup fee more interesting deal.. :)

Eh? Are you "trying" to be smart again?

Thanked by 1cassa
  • sandrosandro Member

The support told me they don't have a specific limitations for CPU usage just like BW. Based on fair usage. So basically it's up to them to decide when to suspend you. I would like to know more info about their business history but it seems there's none?

• @sandro said:
    I was really tempted the other day to try them out but I'm scared about their reputation

Trying to open their site with the following:

Unable to connect: 28 - Operation timed out after 30000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received.

You should be scared IMHO:)

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited July 2016

Amitz said: Eh? Are you "trying" to be smart again?

No, just keep these privileges for you and someone else on the line :)

• AmitzAmitz Member

@fitvpn said:
    No, just keep these privileges for you and someone else on the line :)

Finally a wise decision.