Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Create my own Kimsufi template - need some help.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Create my own Kimsufi template - need some help.

myhkenmyhken Member
edited July 2016 in General

For 1.5 years ago, I created my own server templates, that I use on Kimsufi, Online and Hetzner. No issues at all, before I got my KS-3C yesterday. It would not work, most likely the network card.

And its also time to update my software on my templates, and make som changes.

When I follow the guide I used 1.5 years ago, I can't get it to work. Can't understand why.
I use Ubuntu Desktop (trial mode) to create the .gz file, but I can't mount on the remote server. I can login, but no way it will create a temp directory so I can DD the disk over.

I have tried several servers, and the same happens every time. Strange for I made 5 templates last time I used this guide.

sudo -i

Now create a new directory: �mkdir /mnt/temp�. Once that is done install SSHFS using �apt-get install sshfs�. Now, you will need a VPS or Server with at least 5GB disk space available. We will be uploading the template to that server while we are dumping the disk.

Now mount the external storage using the following command: �sudo sshfs [email protected]:/ /mnt/temp� Once that is done create a DD (dump) of the disk using the following command: �dd if=/dev/sda | gzip -1 | dd of=/mnt/temp/Server2012r2x3.gz�

Comments

• no need to use a gz file. just make it on a kvm machine export it to raw then image it to main server.