Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LeaseWeb Singapore deals
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LeaseWeb Singapore deals

ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep

LeaseWeb have nice low end deal in Singapore currently.

2x Xeon L5410/16GB/2x1TB SATA/10TB

https://www.leaseweb.com/dedicated-server/configure/21229

89SGD ~ 59 EUR

L5410 is old but its dual combination gives 6198 cpubenchmark rating.

It could be nice box for a bunch of idling virtual servers...

Comments

• GulfGulf Member

MrKIM, russian, do you work for LeaseWeb?

• I believe he is a reseller/partner of leaseweb?

• GulfGulf Member

@Projectpop said:
    I believe he is a reseller/partner of leaseweb?

He is spamming russian hosting forums with such ads.
    Also, this offer is not perfect one. Very old hardware, I've tried similar offer from LW, not good. Look at new offers from online.net.

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep

Online.net? Singapore?

:D

• sinsin Member

It's to bad they don't have their cheap sales for dedis at their other locations...was about to pickup their 28euro/month server before they got rid of the deals.

@sin said:
    It's to bad they don't have their cheap sales for dedis at their other locations...was about to pickup their 28euro/month server before they got rid of the deals.

You can look at their XL VPS if 160GB disk space is suitable for your needs.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Gulf said: MrKIM, russian, do you work for LeaseWeb?

So what? Why need refer to nationality? :)

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • GulfGulf Member

@fitvpn said:
    So what? Why need refer to nationality? :)

It is ok.

• nepsneps Member

Gulf said: Very old hardware, I've tried similar offer from LW, not good.

Yes, same here. Might look like a good deal at first glance but you're eventually going to have to face the reality that good hardware in Singapore just isn't going to come cheap.

• GulfGulf Member

@neps said:
    Yes, same here. Might look like a good deal at first glance but you're eventually going to have to face the reality that good hardware in Singapore just isn't going to come cheap.

I am waiting for OVH in SG. I've tried similar deal in Germany, and it was very sloooow. Eventually I canceled it after 2 days.

• qq7119qq7119 Member

@ru_tld said:

89SGD ~ 59 EUR

You can add some VPS good offer?

After all, you have a period of time there is no market release

• @qq7119 said:

@ru_tld said:

89SGD ~ 59 EUR

You can add some VPS good offer?

After all, you have a period of time there is no market release

If they don't have any market release for a while it probably means that they are fine without having to serve people like you who asks for special offers. Their servers are cheap enough, provided that they are a partner of Leaseweb and got them for 10% cheaper.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Its a good offer but my advice from personal experience is do not use Leaseweb SG for anything production or for anything that puts you in a position of accountability, because they have none even with paid SLA's

Hi Anthony!

Can you share with us few details about your experience with LSW SG ?
    Did you have problems with network support or on-site tech support team?

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Anthony used to run services from there,moved sometime ago due to issues

edited July 2016

ru_tld said: Did you have problems with network support or on-site tech support team?

I had problems with pre sales, post sales, support, networking, SLA's were not adhered to, complaints went unanswered for weeks, 1st line support are robots who don't give an once of thought to anything and sadly even in 2016 the first generic response to EVERYTHING is please provide your root password.

The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing in Leaseweb, for example it took almost 6 attempts to get confirmation IPv6 was available, then after server provisioning there was no IPv6, only after making a complaint did they say sorry and provide IPv6.

Then when I had issues with IPv6 they (2nd line support) stated that they dont have IPv6 in Singapore, it was a common issue with them and I was forced to go round in circles over and over again.

The network is so badly peered that traffic even within Singapore destined for Singapore goes via Dallas in same cases and in most cases via HongKong.

Almost 8 weeks after giving some very hefty feedback someone responded by phone to say sorry, obviously way to late by then.

So yeah, probably the worst experience I have had with any host considered a big player, from what I hear they are not to bad in the Netherlands but frankly they should just close in Singapore they are worse than useless, which is odd as 9 times out of 10 it is Netherlands based staff responding.

Sad to hear about your bad experience with communication with LeaseWeb support.
    Such miscommunication are very common in large companies. Most of your questions indeed can be solved much faster than it happened.

I'll try to comment your story with my thoughts..

About FLS.
    LeaseWeb first line support is located at NL.
    It is normal situation for hosting company to ask you about root password of your server in case of troubles, because they don't know you're IT professional or a webmaster with a small experience in IT operations. With root password they can do most things for you faster/better, i.e IPv6 configurations etc.

About IPv6.
    However IPv6 is supported by LeaseWeb for ages, IPv6 is still not a mainstream service for them. In most cases first line support can easily provide you IPv6 range of a 65k IPs from a shared /64 subnet. I agree that such subnet assignment is unsuitable for virtualization, vpn and other services. For larger assignments you need contact their network department and yes, it can take few days to assign route.

About SLA.
    According to their legal documents, SLA event will occur if you will not receive acknowledge from support engineer in target time. In most cases this means that any answer to your request within 1 hour for a GOLD SLA will be in SLA regime.
    Only SLA payment amount can be credited to you if such SLA event occurs.

Different approach is applied for failed dedicated hardware situations, i.e failed hard drives, servers etc. According to their target schedule for GOLD SLA package it is 2 hours for hardware replacement. In case of SLA event you can be credited in the following way - 2% of equipment monthly cost per excess hour.

About Network.
    LSW network in Asia is much younger than its EU-US counterpart.
    But they are constantly developing their connectivity in Asia, as an example, 10GbE hkix connection has been turned on this month.
    It's hard to maintain low bandwidth price and provide highest-grade connectivity in such region as Asia. But in context of price/quality their network provides excellent service with stable uptime.

About Experience.
    We are making business with LeaseWeb for more than 5 years. Issues you wrote about are familiar to me. Most of such issues can be solved by direct contact with responsible persons. Indeed a lot of things can be made better at LeaseWeb especially front-line support and sales. But in my experience they are not so bad as you wrote. Just need to apply some skills to start to cook them ;) In technical way they provide great service that works.

• @ru_tld said:
    Sad to hear about your bad experience with communication with LeaseWeb support.
    Such miscommunication are very common in large companies. Most of your questions indeed can be solved much faster than it happened.

I'll try to comment your story with my thoughts..

About FLS.
    LeaseWeb first line support is located at NL.
    It is normal situation for hosting company to ask you about root password of your server in case of troubles, because they don't know you're IT professional or a webmaster with a small experience in IT operations. With root password they can do most things for you faster/better, i.e IPv6 configurations etc.

About IPv6.
    However IPv6 is supported by LeaseWeb for ages, IPv6 is still not a mainstream service for them. In most cases first line support can easily provide you IPv6 range of a 65k IPs from a shared /64 subnet. I agree that such subnet assignment is unsuitable for virtualization, vpn and other services. For larger assignments you need contact their network department and yes, it can take few days to assign route.

About Network.
    LSW network in Asia is much younger than its EU-US counterpart.
    But they are constantly developing their connectivity in Asia, as an example, 10GbE hkix connection has been turned on this month.
    It's hard to maintain low bandwidth price and provide highest-grade connectivity in such region as Asia. But in context of price/quality their network provides excellent service with stable uptime.

Come on, you're talking like @AnthonySmith doesn't know his shit

Thanked by 1eLohkCalb
    edited July 2016

Thanks for the propaganda, I tried to work with them for a year, it just got worse, there is no accountability or ownership of problems.

Lease web were unable to address my issues so I don't expect a reseller/shill to be able to either.

For the record, I have a paid SLA with them, they still failed to meet it.

Lease web Singapore is not a host anyone should use for anything production.

@lontong said:
    Come on, you're talking like @AnthonySmith doesn't know his shit

I don't buy any services from @AnthonySmith and even don't know what kind of service he provides.
    But I work with LeaseWeb and I know what to expect from them.
    LeaseWeb indeed have a lot of issues with communication but they are for sure not so bad as @AnthonySmith describes.

@AnthonySmith said:
    Thanks for the propaganda, I tried to work with them for a year, it just got worse, there is no accountability or ownership of problems.

Just wondering why didn't you call your account manager and have a talk with him (or her) about issues you have with their service. Especially if your issues with them lasted for so long.

For the record, I have a paid SLA with them, they still failed to meet it.

And you've asked them to credit you according to SLA schedule ?

Leaseweb were unable to address my issues so I don't expect a reseller/shill to be able to either.

In fact as reseller we know how to pull the strings to provide even better experiences with them.

edited July 2016

ru_tld said: LeaseWeb indeed have a lot of issues with communication but they are for sure not so bad as @AnthonySmith describes.

They were in my case, no reason the think it would be any different for anyone else, probably worse as most people will not pay for SLA either as I did.

ru_tld said: Just wondering why didn't you call your account manager and have a talk with him (or her) about issues you have with their service. Especially if your issues with them lasted for so long.

I did, several times, nothing was done, it was a 'him' initially, then a lady in the Netherlands tried to take care of things where 'he' failed, she also failed.

ru_tld said: And you've asked them to credit you according to SLA schedule ?

Yes, 6.... yes 6 weeks later they got back to me, I had already put in the cancellation by that point, I did not want compensation i wanted a responce.

ru_tld said: In fact as reseller we know how to pull the strings to provide even better experiences with them.

Great, but last I checked shilling was not appreciated much round here, many people use big statements like that and then when things go wrong they just blame the host they were previously saying could do no wrong.

Just logged in to the portal to get an example:

Date created 7/15/15 9:00 PM
    Last Updated 7/15/15 9:00 PM
    Waiting for LeaseWeb
    Status new
    Requestor Mr. Anthony Smith

That one is almost a year without an answer.

And a classic, 2 months in to the contract after all IPv6 went down:

Dear mr Smith,

regarding the IPv6 issue. Please note that there is no IPv6 range
    assigned to your server. Are you trying to connect by your ipv4 or did
    you configure IPv6 addresses obtained from a third party?

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

*name removed*
    Leaseweb - Global Support

Right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing, there very much was an IPv6 range assigned, I could see it in the customer portal and hit the gateway so there is no chance anyone that spent more than 10 seconds thinking about it could miss that.... if they looked, the next reply took 3 days.

Anyway, as I said, that was my experience I could go on but I have made my point, you can say the sun shines out their arse all you want, your a bit bias though as they are the hand that feeds you.

You really should put this in the offers section though @Jarland

edited July 2016

@AnthonySmith said:

They were in my case, no reason the think it would be any different for anyone else, probably worse as most people will not pay for SLA either as I did.

SLA contract is mostly about compensation, it is not about guaranteed answer time.

@AnthonySmith said:

That one is almost a year without an answer.

If this ticket is a support ticket, you may ask them for a huge compensation.
    For example their gold sla package credits to ~38 EUR per day of excess.

Great, but last I checked shilling was not appreciated much round here, many people use big statements like that and then when things go wrong they just blame the host they were previously saying could do no wrong.

I'm really sorry that I've made you think that I'm trying to make offer to you. It is not so.
    I just wanted to argue with you about your statement that they are not ready for production at their SG location. I can not agree with you in this only because you've bad experience in assigning IPv6 network with them.

• edanedan Member

ru_tld said: I just wanted to argue with you about your statement that they are not ready for production at their SG location.

Ready or not it depends on experience of each person.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited July 2016

ru_tld said: SLA contract is mostly about compensation, it is not about guaranteed answer time.

If that's actually Leaseweb's attitude to SLAs, they can go fuck'emselves.

If anyone seems me going near a Leaseweb product, please shoot me. Thanks in advance.

ru_tld said: I can not agree with you in this only because you've bad experience in assigning IPv6 network with them.

That was not the only issue I assure you, I don't require you to agree either, but as I said, they are obviously the hand that feeds you so not a lot of point in trying to argue this with you.

Thanked by 1ru_tld