Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi KS-3C - caution on S.M.A.R.T
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi KS-3C - caution on S.M.A.R.T

Got a KS-3C from Kimsufi today, and when I checked the HDD it give me this result:

The only warning is C6 as showed in the picture.

Should I ask for a new drive before I start using the server? Or is this nothing to worry about?
First time I have got a such warning on any server I have had/have.

Comments

• You paid the setup fee and got it for $19.00/month? Should have waited it was going to be available on flash sale next week.

• myhkenmyhken Member

@WebGuru said:
    You paid the setup fee and got it for $19.00/month? Should have waited it was going to be available on flash sale next week.

I know, but I'm on vacation next week, so most likely I will not be online when the flash sale is.

• ehabehab Member

did you run this test again?
    have you tried recovery and run the smartools and compare.
    if it checks out you can ask them for their opinion since the drive hours are relevantly small it can besomething else.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

myhken said: Should I ask for a new drive

Yes.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @myhken said:

you should ask your friend to buy at flash sale. :)

• Did OVH mention how many ks-3c will be available this time?

• Fuck my kimi went down. They are doing nothing and I can't access the clients section

• DormeoDormeo Member

Why not ask them? They know only the answer...

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited July 2016

With so many values "100" in the first column of your smart report, it seems that your reporting program simply doesn't know how to interpret the raw values for this drive.

Find another / newer program to check the smart info.

The drive might still be bad, but i'd check with another program to be sure.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2016

rds100 said: With so many values "100" in the first column of your smart report, it seems that your reporting program simply doesn't know how to interpret the raw values for this drive.

Nah it's "A" in the raw column there, so it means simply 10 uncorrectable sectors. If that was your own drive, you could try making them go away (e.g. by overwriting the entire content with zeroes several times), but on a rented server that hasn't even been put to service yet, there's no justification to bother with that, just ask them to replace it.

• myhkenmyhken Member

I had to run a command and send them, and after that they replaced the disk with a new one in the night. So setting up the server again.
    Don't think they would change the disk if everything was OK.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2016

myhken said: I had to run a command and send them, and after that they replaced the disk with a new one in the night. So setting up the server again. Don't think they would change the disk if everything was OK.

Sounds like a pretty stress-free procedure given we are talking about OVH/Kimsufi... How long did it finally take from the first "I have a disk problem" to "We changed the disk for you"?

• myhkenmyhken Member

@Amitz said:
    Sounds like a pretty stress-free procedure given we are talking about OVH/Kimsufi... How long did it finally take from the first "I have a disk problem" to "We changed the disk for you"?

Because it was night, and I was at sleep for the most of the time, and did not reply back when they asked me if the data on the disk was backed up. So when I replied back around 08.30, the disk was changed at 09.02, so just over 30 minutes.

Thanked by 2Amitz edan
  • stabstab Member

Everyone complains about how fast OVH/Kimsufi support takes but they seem really fast to replace broken hardware. I got my KS-2E that was malfunctioning and they gave me a new motherboard AND HDD within hours.

• This is encouraging news.