Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Kimsufi KS-4C or KS-3C worth the full price?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Kimsufi KS-4C or KS-3C worth the full price?

Is Kimsufi KS-4C or KS-3C worth the full price? I know people got the 4C cheap on the flash sale, and I see that it will be a flash sale for the 3C also.
But for those that don't get a cheap server, is the price OK consider the hardware and network?

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Obviously your use case my vary, I used to have a KS-3 at full price (which is largely thr same as the current KS-3C) and it was great, although I was pretty close to outgrowing the 100Mbs bandwidth - although the dedibox 2014 special came along and I moved over, so I never found out if it would have become limiting or not.

Hardware-wise, no complaints and the network was solid to the UK, France and on the rare occasions I needed it, to East-Coast US.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • OVH worth every cent on HW and network.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • myhkenmyhken Member
    edited July 2016

I got 3C now, I'm on vacation when the flash sale is, but I will try to order then if I have the time. If not, I will keep the full price one, if I make it, I will cancel it later on.

• They don't guaranteed bandwidth their kimsufi line

• fanfan Veteran

The 4C one was indeed a great deal, but at the full price I think you can find better deals with Hetzner.

• myhkenmyhken Member

@fan said:
    The 4C one was indeed a great deal, but at the full price I think you can find better deals with Hetzner.

Yes I know, was after a mid price server outside Hetzner, since I have my two main servers there.

Really hope I get in on the flash sale next week.