Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM IPBlocks with multiple SYS servers ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM IPBlocks with multiple SYS servers ?

Hello guys,

I have 2 SYS servers. Both runs SolusVM (master/slave), and both are OpenVZ.
I have two blocks of 16IP's with my servers.

I was wondering if it's possible to use some IP's from my 2nd server, for some VPS on my 1st server ?

Is there something that I have to do in SolusVM to get that working, or is this a big networking thing that SoYouStart/OVH has to do ?

Comments

• CasterCaster Member

Not possible probably. Or maybe that's me.

You can setup internal network and maybe assign a public IP from second one ?

I always used OVH lineup and never felt short of IP's.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

This is only possible with VRack, SYS wont do that. You can technically do it via some complex routing but that will impact the total throughput as data from a vm will leave server A, and enter Server B to then exit to WAN

• I have 2 SYS servers. Both runs SolusVM (master/slave), and both are OpenVZ. I have two blocks of 16IP's with my servers.

I was wondering if it's possible to use some IP's from my 2nd server, for some VPS on my 1st server ?

It will be hard at least.

You'll need to setup your iptables firewall on your server #2 to accept and redirect connections to some IP to your VM @ server #1.
    Also you'll need some private network between you server #2 and target VM to do so and configure proper NAT on server #1.

It can be hard with OpenVZ by the way.
    Take a look here for few examples with iptables rules which may help you with that.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

icekev said: I was wondering if it's possible to use some IP's from my 2nd server, for some VPS on my 1st server ?

Why do you need to setup such way? It will be pain in the neck! You can purchase additional IPs for 1st server.