Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Singapore ETA?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Singapore ETA?

baxobaxo Member

this is my most anticipated arrival since i love to see the word unmetered in singapore with LET price.

Hopefully OVH VPS in singapore will open as well.

Comments

• nockernocker Member

May after ovh usa

• They're getting more ports at our local IXes, suppose it will come soon.

• baxobaxo Member

@theroyalstudent said:
    They're getting more ports at our local IXes, suppose it will come soon.

nice, do you have any info on the peering of this DC?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

• @baxo said:

@theroyalstudent said:

I'll expect them to house their servers in Equinix SG, like what DigitalOcean did. I'll dig into that :)

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@theroyalstudent said:

@baxo said:

@theroyalstudent said:

I'll expect them to house their servers in Equinix SG, like what DigitalOcean did. I'll dig into that :)

Pfft. This is OVH. I expect them to build it themselves

Thanked by 1paily
  • @hawc said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@baxo said:

@theroyalstudent said:

Maybe some cages / rooms / floors at any larger DC. Don't believe they will build something complete own. But on the other hand, I am really wondering about the pricing of OVH in Singapore.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Would be cool if they designed their own container based DC like Google and Microsoft. That way they can just ship them to anywhere and be ready to go in days, then bring them home/move to a new location whenever necessary.

Thanked by 3MikePT karjaj vimalware
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2016

@pbgben said:
    Would be cool if they designed their own container based DC like Google and Microsoft. That way they can just ship them to anywhere and be ready to go in days, then bring them home/move to a new location whenever necessary.

SBG?? They get the hardware shipped form RBX.

• @Safehousecloud said:

@hawc said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@baxo said:

@theroyalstudent said:

Maybe some cages / rooms / floors at any larger DC. Don't believe they will build something complete own. But on the other hand, I am really wondering about the pricing of OVH in Singapore.

Mmmmm they offer a CDN service (with SG PoP) I remember, and they got 2*10Gbps ports at Equinix SG... Will assume they are using them.

• @theroyalstudent said:

@Safehousecloud said:

@hawc said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@baxo said:

@theroyalstudent said:

Mmmmm they offer a CDN service (with SG PoP) I remember, and they got 2*10Gbps ports at Equinix SG... Will assume they are using them.

Yes maybe they will. But it can be also only a PoP for them. We currently also building a network PoP there with several 10 Gbps but don't locate any customer server there. And host the server itself at a cheaper location. Will be back at Equinix next week maybe I can find some large OVH construction ;)

• @Safehousecloud said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@Safehousecloud said:

@hawc said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@baxo said:

@theroyalstudent said:

Yes maybe they will. But it can be also only a PoP for them. We currently also building a network PoP there with several 10 Gbps but don't locate any customer server there. And host the server itself at a cheaper location. Will be back at Equinix next week maybe I can find some large OVH construction ;)

Do you host your servers in your office?

Was wondering if your address was legit or not... maybe ;)

• @theroyalstudent said:

@Safehousecloud said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@Safehousecloud said:

@hawc said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@baxo said:

@theroyalstudent said:

Do you host your servers in your office?

Was wondering if your address was legit or not... maybe ;)

:) That would be a bit small to host servers in the office ;) No we rent space at Pandan Loop and soon open a second colocation in another DC in SG. And yes some router equipment at Equinix - still the best place to get connected. But for LEB pricing a bit expensive until now to host the servers as well. But hope to get a better deal with them anytime soon.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • baxobaxo Member

equnix is perfect. i have vps with @safehousecloud btw, great network and speed for vpn so far :)

Thanked by 1Safehousecloud
  • @baxo said:
    equnix is perfect. i have vps with @safehousecloud btw, great network and speed for vpn so far :)

Thanks! There will be some nice network upgrades coming soon!

• baxobaxo Member
    edited July 2016

@Safehousecloud said:

@baxo said:

nice, i hope it will not come with long downtime. Thanks @MikeA for the info

• @baxo said:

@Safehousecloud said:

@baxo said:

nice, i hope it will not come with long downtime. Thanks @MikeA for the info

No without any downtime. Have a great day!

• thatixthatix Member

No we rent space at Pandan Loop and soon open a second colocation in another DC in SG. And yes some router equipment at Equinix - still the best place to get connected. But for LEB pricing a bit expensive until now to host the servers as well. But hope to get a better deal with them anytime soon.

Go for China direct? :)

• MadMad Member

I'm curious to check out their offers.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@pbgben said:

In fact they already do that. Well, the container part, not sure if they ship those to another country. :)

They have pictures in their website or Instagram.

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • @thatix said:

No we rent space at Pandan Loop and soon open a second colocation in another DC in SG. And yes some router equipment at Equinix - still the best place to get connected. But for LEB pricing a bit expensive until now to host the servers as well. But hope to get a better deal with them anytime soon.

Yes!

• @thatix said:

Yes!

• baxobaxo Member

@andreamada said:

I think they can beat Leaseweb SG pricing, even with their staggering low promotional price when they first launch.

• MadMad Member

@baxo said:

@andreamada said:

I think they can beat Leaseweb SG pricing, even with their staggering low promotional price when they first launch.

>

I am skeptical about the bandwidth, it's too expensive there, not sure if they can do 1Gbps.

• @andreamada said:

@baxo said:

@andreamada said:

>

I am skeptical about the bandwidth, it's too expensive there, not sure if they can do 1Gbps.

May have limited local capacity, but I expect it to be connect to their main core backbone.