Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Germany based vps companies? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Germany based vps companies?

2»

Comments

• sandrosandro Member

LET prices please...

• DormeoDormeo Member

CONTABO!

@sandro said:
    LET prices please...

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@Butters said:
    Is your inhouse ddos appliance complete self developed or is it a "fork" from https://github.com/pavel-odintsov/fastnetmon ?

Its self developed, fastnetmon is only a traffic analyzer which calls a script when a destination ip reaches the configured threshold. It's useful for blackholing or email notifications, but it's not able to filter out ddos attacks.

We run a multi layer mitigation strategy.

Our solution is based on a bunch of x86 servers with Solarflare 10G / 40G NICs, some 10Gbit connected blades (for layer7 mitigation) and a few self written implementations which run directly in the filters kernel or userspace. Also we do the ddos analyzation on our own, we tried fastnetmon in the past, but it can not cope with complex attacks or normal traffic (we saw mostly false positives for high tcp ack traffic and so on) and we finally decided to not run it in our production environment.

To filter out larger attacks, we have some magic rules running on our upstream carriers routers, that allows us to deal also with very large attacks and calm them down before they reach our edge routers ;-)

Thanked by 1Butters
  • nfnnfn Veteran
    edited July 2016

Netcup is very good, and those dedicated cores makes some diference.

Any recent Contabo bench?
    Anyone knows the host specs?

Thanks

• daffydaffy Member

Nobody has mentioned Hetzner?

• AmitzAmitz Member

Hetzner's VPS line is not bad, but I remember their CPU to be on the weaker side.

• daffydaffy Member

I've always had quite decent performance on their VPS, but it's been a few years now. Only tried them briefly a couple of months ago and didn't fancy their new NAT-thingy.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@Kabeldamagement said:

To filter out larger attacks, we have some magic rules running on our upstream carriers routers, that allows us to deal also with very large attacks and calm them down before they reach our edge routers ;-)

As far as I know you simply acl entire countries? Is that still a thing? Heard of users hosting teamspeak servers at yours and every time an attack came in, half of the people were dropped.

• sandrosandro Member

netcup says 2.49 on the front page but then I see no plans with those prices?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Gebyte.de is great, too. 3+ Ghz cpu

• FalzoFalzo Member

@sandro said:
    netcup says 2.49 on the front page but then I see no plans with those prices?

afaik they changed their prodict lineup recently, so this may be outdated at the moment.

as far as i can see cheapest plan is 3,99 € (incl. VAT) if you order on a 12 month contract term and pay half a year: https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1370

products and pricing may differ between .eu and .de pages ...

@tr1cky said:
    As far as I know you simply acl entire countries? Is that still a thing? Heard of users hosting teamspeak servers at yours and every time an attack came in, half of the people were dropped.

No, we dont use ACLs to block countries and we didnt do that in the past. That would be stupid and not really helpful. We only rate limit or block metrics at our upstream which are common for ddos attacks, like UDP Reflection methods and some other common attack vectors - this does never impact real traffic. These filters are applied at upstream routers, not our equipment which does the more granular filtering :-)

What you probably mean is our udp filter, during introduction it has sometimes acted to strict and blocked legitimate udp connections which where trying to reach teamspeak servers. It`s been a while that we have implemented some optimizations, so yes, your information is actually outdated ;)

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

We offer cloud VMs services in Germany.

@Ikoula said:
    Hello,

We offer cloud VMs services in Germany.

You should have a look at the title: Germany based vps companies? - as far as I know France is not Germany? :-P

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@Kabeldamagement woups i missed the "based" word in the title sorry for that.

• TionTion Member

How anybody can recommend Contabo while keeping a straight face is beyond me.
    Contabo and Server4You are two of the worst hosters you got possibly get in Germany.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • NavynNavyn Member

@MrGeneral said:

@Navyn said:
    Try our KVM service's on Frankfurt (Germany) location. Hope you guys will love us.

@jarland, @Amitz, @Ishaq,

OP is looking for companies located in Germany and this guy, based in India, simply spams their website. OP specifically mentioned that he's looking for companies based in Germany.

Hey MrGeneral,

Apologies, it's my bad, i thought he is looking for German based vps hosting services.

We are not spamming LET community.