Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

R1soft Latest version
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

R1soft Latest version

UmairUmair Member

Hello,

Anyone here using R1soft has upgraded there Backup server to the new 5.14.3 release??
The one that support XFS filesystem?? Is it fully working this time?

Just wonder if you seeing any issues with existing backups?? Or seeing any improvement with existing backups disks (normal non-XFS types)

Thanks

Comments

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

Yes we are using the latest version as we need to support xfs backup for some of our client.

No issues with current backup for both non-xfs and xfs

Thanked by 1Umair
  • No don't upgrade to it! its been one of the worst disasters in the history of r1soft, backups take 2 or 3 times the time the took with previous versions.

Thanked by 1Umair
  • ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

@zafouhar we actually see better backup performance. Did you check that your disksafe location is not hit with high IO activity?

Thanked by 1Umair
  • @ExpertVM said:
    @zafouhar we actually see better backup performance. Did you check that your disksafe location is not hit with high IO activity?

Yes I did, R1sot actually has confirmed its a bug already, they are troubleshooting their bug.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

My biggest issue with r1soft right now is that it doesn't like software raid on CentOS 7 so when it can't backup the partition table it marks the task as partially failed.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Umair
  • UmairUmair Member

@zafouhar said:

Yes I did, R1sot actually has confirmed its a bug already, they are troubleshooting their bug.

Mind giving some details ??

• @Umair said:

@zafouhar said:

Mind giving some details ??

I wish I had, I reported the issue with backups taking longer now, they got access to my r1soft server and a few of my servers being backed up and they told me they located the "bug" and will fix it in the next release.

Now knowing how slow r1soft is I wouldn't expect the fix until 2017 lol

• Hello,

Is it just me or the backups with their new version are taking much more time ??
    I have now switched to new disk safes. (i.e. not the one converted from old to new version) and even then the backup time seems to be too long for a few GB.

Anyone else having issue with 5.14.3/4

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

Hi,

We using 5.14.4 and i not experienced any issues around backup speed. The avaraeg backup time was not changed.