Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone running a dayz server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone running a dayz server?

krs360krs360 Member
edited March 2013 in General

Pretty much as per topic.

I was wondering if anyone here runs a dayz server and if so on a dedi or vps?

Read different sites which all seem to state different ram requirements etc. Would be good to get some info from anyone here with experience of hosting their own.. Performance and resources used.

Thanks.

Comments

• A what?

• @Damian said: A what?

A DayZ Server. http://dayzmod.com/

• http://dayzmod.com/

Its a mod for ARMA II

• marcmmarcm Member

I think that it would always be a good idea to clarify on the original post what is what so that the rest of us can easily understand. There are many aspects to consider, and if you're already familiar with the software then you should be able to answer this question yourself.

• I do, what do you need help with?

• @marcm if you was running one. You would know what it is. :)

• @BenND said: @marcm if you was running one. You would know what it is. :)

That was what I was getting it, it wasn't to raise awareness of the mod but simply to find out if anyone had experience with it and the resources associated to slots, etc.

@blergh_ My clan are looking to host a dayz server and I needed to know what sort of resources it would use? From what I've read you need to have 40 slots available. Feel free to shoot me a PM as to not keep bumping this thread..

• marcmmarcm Member

@BenND said: @marcm if you was running one. You would know what it is. :)

@BenND - That sounds wrong, doesn't it?

• RAM usage is anywhere between 250MB to 1.5GB (though it shouldn't get this high).
    CPU usage wise; it uses one full core by itself. The faster the clock speed the better.
    Network utilization is anywhere up to 15Mb/s with 40 players.
    Disk space: 16GB + extra maps.

Other notes: Need windows (unless you feel like running it through WINE) and you also need your own MySQL database if you're running a private hive.

Source: My company rents out DayZ server.