Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CEO Seeks Highly-Experienced Linux Technician
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CEO Seeks Highly-Experienced Linux Technician

nuphsaydnuphsayd Member
edited December 2011 in General

Comments

• okay first of all,

1) being a wino is no such issue when i get the kind of uptime ukcloud gives.
    2) you obviously have personal issues
    3) i would entirely love to get into a drinking contest with him

• @justinb said: 3) i would entirely love to get into a drinking contest with him

• Possibly not a bad position for someone who is also doing the same at different companies.

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited December 2011

all this spamming and just as @lowendadmin has gone away.

Thanked by 3jamson drmike DanielM
  • To think I rented a VPS for Hulu, iplayer when there's already so much drama on LET!!

• jhjh Member

Wanted to clarify a few things on yet another out-of-date reference:
    - We ended up hiring a level III tech for more money
    - The salary is (relatively) low because the workload was so low in those hours we didn't need a dedicated tech
    - The tech is anything but a stranger - we have a 2 contracts in place and 2 pieces of verified ID for the tech

• Why is this guy so pissed off? It just looks like a small child crying for attention now.

Thanked by 1drmike
  • DanielMDanielM Member
    edited December 2011

Sounds like you have a hater james :| & Troll

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

This is just stupid.

• "CEO". Is your company a registered corporation?

• jhjh Member
    edited December 2011

@Kairus said: "CEO". Is your company a registered corporation?

Yes, also I don't use the title CEO really, not sure where that came from.

In the UK we use MD anyways, not CEO.

• I find it funny when a 'company' of 1 or 2 uses the word CEO.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @net said: I find it funny when a 'company' of 1 or 2 uses the word CEO.

He did mention that he doesn't use that title. What size do you consider using the title CEO appropriate, and what should you use until then?

• @Infinity said: In the UK we use MD anyways, not CEO.

o.o Then what do you guys use for medical doctors?

@kalam said: He did mention that he doesn't use that title. What size do you consider using the title CEO appropriate, and what should you use until then?

How many 1-2 person businesses are incorporated?

@Kairus said: o.o Then what do you guys use for medical doctors?

Huh? We just have the Dr. prefix, there isn't a distinction between PhD's and medical doctors IIRC. I have seen some UK companies use CEO but I don't think it is widespread.

• justinbjustinb Member
    edited December 2011

@Kairus said: o.o Then what do you guys use for medical doctors?

"GP", "Dr"

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • sleddogsleddog Member
    edited December 2011

@kalam said: What size do you consider using the title CEO appropriate, and what should you use until then?

It's used when a company has a slate of executive officers, and one of them is the Chief Executive Officer. You can call yourself whatever you want I guess, but using 'CEO' when there isn't a formal executive in place is just silly.

In my part of the world the term "Owner/Operator" is often used for a small business that is managed hands-on by the person who owns it, with a handful of staff.

Thanked by 1japon
    edited December 2011

@justinb said: "GP", "Dr"

Oh yeah, we call them GP's which is short for General Practitioners. :P

• @Infinity said: Oh yeah, we call them GP's which is short for General Practitioners. :P

But GP is more specific than MD.

• Personally my title in the small company I work for is 'slave' .
    But here in England you can buy a lordship so if I wanted to and payed a bit of money I could legally be called Lord William or Lord William of 'a place'.
    Take Idi Amin, his full title was 'His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular'. Yes he had a CBE - Conqueror of the British Empire.

• @net said: I find it funny when a 'company' of 1 or 2 uses the word CEO.

If you're incorporated, you have to name at least a CEO and a Treasurer I believe. I know when we went through the process we had to as we as having at least three board members.

• @drmike said: If you're incorporated, you have to name at least a CEO

It depends on the country. In the US its called CEO, in the UK its a MD. For an UK Ltd. you just need one Director.

• @japon said: For an UK Ltd. you just need one Director.

Actually in the US and in certain states, you can get by with one as well. Different type of corporation. (Forgive me for not providing more info. 9 minutes left.)

• @ net - the C in CBE stands for Commander, not conqueror...

• @Gary said: @ net - the C in CBE stands for Commander, not conqueror...

Gary please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idi_Amin. In 1977, after the last two British diplomats withdrew from Uganda, Amin declared he had beaten the British and added "CBE", for "Conqueror of the British Empire", to his title.

• In the UK medical doctors hold twin bachelors in medicines and surgery, not an actual doctorate like an MD, they just get the honorary 'doctor' prefix (unless they're surgeons) and whatever post-nominals their university gives (but those are rarely used).

Also, general practice is a speciality, not all doctors are GP's.

Off topic but the pedant in me had to post.