Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Kimsufi KS-2E) Arch Linux template will not successfully install
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

(Kimsufi KS-2E) Arch Linux template will not successfully install

stabstab Member

I've been using a KS-1 forever with Arch Linux. I just bought a KS-2E and no matter what I do, the Arch Linux template won't successfully install and boot.

I tried the Debian 7 template and it worked fine, I get the login info via email and can successfully login via SSH, etc.

However the Arch template never gets me any email with the login info, and it ends up in a state where the box isn't pingable and nothing happens. This triggered OVH to intervene on my server, and they did a HDD scan showing that it was fine.

I don't believe the OS install is completing successfully, but that's only because I never get an email.

Does anyone have a KS-2E that could try installing the Arch Linux template and tell me if it works? Or have any idea what the problem could be here? I'm not sure if it's a problem with my server or the template.

Comments

• fLoofLoo Member

Why dont u simply bootstrap urself?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

You may try to boot to rescue mode and then use qemu to boot it and check the problem.

• Does anyone have a KS-2E that could try installing the Arch Linux template and tell me if it works? Or have any idea what the problem could be here? I'm not sure if it's a problem with my server or the template.

2E owner here, and I've just installed 'Arch Linux 2016 (autoinstaller, latest version)' without any issues.

• stabstab Member
    edited July 2016

@chedenaz said:

Does anyone have a KS-2E that could try installing the Arch Linux template and tell me if it works? Or have any idea what the problem could be here? I'm not sure if it's a problem with my server or the template.

2E owner here, and I've just installed 'Arch Linux 2016 (autoinstaller, latest version)' without any issues.

Great :/

No clue what the issue is here then. I guess I can try installing manually but I was almost wondering if my HDD has issues since it has almost 2 years of power on hours.

OVH intervention said the error showed "no boot device found" so they did a HDD scan and it showed no errors and said it was my fault.

• stabstab Member

So, it actually turns out that my motherboard was bad and OVH replaced it overnight. I tried the template again and it worked perfectly.

I'm actually surprised at their speed in fixing it, and they're actually the ones that diagnosed it without me asking. I guess maybe they figured something was up when I kept triggering interventions that they had to look into.

I should have guessed something was wrong if @chednaz's server installed the template successfully.