Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Awesome deal notification thread for LET
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Awesome deal notification thread for LET

blackblack Member

I'm making this for the sole purpose of notifying good deals such as kimsufi servers / online servers because they sell out in < 1 hour. The comments in other threads are mostly discussion. This is solely for letting LET users know there's stock. If you want to subscribe to this thread, click on the "star" on the top right of the thread title (see picture). image

You should get an email if someone posts in this thread so essentially you'll receive an email notification if there's stock. Make sure "Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions" are enabled in your Notification Preferences.

This thread is only for offers that are expected to be sold out within less than 1 hour. Please do not advertise your hosting company's offers in this thread.

There should be no discussion in this thread whatsoever because everytime someone posts in it, it'll send emails to users that bookmarked this thread.

Please post the offer and a link to order, do not post anything else. If you want to discuss a specific offer, make a separate thread.

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited July 2016

@jarland you able to lock comments to just @black?

We all know this will get out of control and there will be no point subscribing to it if you keep getting random posts.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@ATHK said:
    @jarland you able to lock comments to just @black?

We all know this will get out of control and there will be no point subscribing to it if you keep getting random posts.

I think Op was acctually suggesting that anyone would be able to post here as there could always be a flashsale op does mis cuz he is offline or whatever. But there still must not be any discussions in here

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2016

ATHK said: if you keep getting random posts.

Hi! This is a random post.

P.S.: seriously, do you expect everything chewn and put into your mouth? If you want to catch good deals, just visit LET more often, there is no other way. Nobody is going to do all the work for you so you could snatch a server you don't honestly deserve, for having done nothing to get it. Deals are on the first come first served basis, and people don't go waking up that one weird dork living up on the hill so he can make it to the supermarket sale.

Thanked by 1raynor
  • ATHKATHK Member

Meh, good luck subscribers have fun getting tons of spam in your inbox from this thread when the trolls join in.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Isn't this what the Offers section is for?

• (Discussion like this is precisely why a thread like this wont work, but I admire the attempt)

@Hassan said:
    Isn't this what the Offers section is for?

In theory, I guess but the Offer section is designed for providers to advertise their own offers. Not random people sharing the deals they find.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

How about making the criteria less specific and only restricting to time or stock limited offers? Predicting what's going to last an hour is going to be a bit tricky.

• BradBrad Member

Already we're off to a great start :D

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited July 2016

Hi!

Edit: Why don't one of the moderators do this thread and lock it? and then they can update the thread with the latest deals sent by members via the LET support portal?

• @zafouhar said:
    Hi!

Edit: Why don't one of the moderators do this thread and lock it? and then they can update the thread with the latest deals sent by members via the LET support portal?

Think about what you are asking.

You are asking the moderators to spend time updating this thread for the sole purpose of sending notifications so that forum members don't have to visit their site.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

• inb4 someone asks for deals to be sent to their phone, in statuspage alert style.

• @globalRegisters said:

@zafouhar said:
    Hi!

Think about what you are asking.

You are asking the moderators to spend time updating this thread for the sole purpose of sending notifications so that forum members don't have to visit their site.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

While I understand what you are saying but not everyone can sit with LET open 24/7 and clicking on the refresh button every 5 minutes :p so people will miss a deal unless they get notified of it in their email which people monitor more frequently.

• Instead how about browser push notifications ? I can create one, if you guys are interested.

• MacPacMacPac Member
    edited July 2016

we have a python bot running on the IRC channel #lowendbox that posts hot offers from lowendbox.com :D
    and also the general category in LET