Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye Dedibox kidéchire!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Goodbye Dedibox kidéchire!

A bad news to LETer:
It seems that online.net has decided not to support hardware issue for Dedibox kidéchire any more.
Just now my dedi is down , I open the ticket and reply goes here:

Hello Mr,

>

Server is broken and has to be changed,

>

>

If you accept to change model of server monthly rate will change, but you have to know >broken server can not be replaced,

>

Regards, Jonathan

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member

That's nothing new, to be honest. We had that topic covered here already, I just don't find it (am on mobile).

Thanked by 2Emilio Rami
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Its a bit dickholeish to go "FUCK YOU, YOUR SERVER IS BROKEN. PAY US MORE FOR A BETTER SERVER WITH RESOURCES YOU DONT NEED"

Thanked by 1Emilio
  • EmilioEmilio Member

@Amitz said:
    That's nothing new, to be honest. We had that topic covered here already, I just don't find it (am on mobile).

Yes,I have read that post too. But that topic is just saying that maybe they would not support it anymore.
    But now I have confirmed it.

• ehabehab Member

so are you gonna let it go or use the suggested?

• EmilioEmilio Member

@ehab said:
    so are you gonna let it go or use the suggested?

Just let it go ):
    The Ks-4C is much better than their offer

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

hawc said: Its a bit dickholeish

Eh...not sure I agree.

• Company offers exceptional deal with limited stock they have

• They run out

• If it breaks, they can't replace, so the only option is cancel or upgrade

Personally I'd offer a special deal on the upgrade to keep the business but that's just me.

The alternative is saying "you can no longer offer exceptional deals unless you promise lifetime support for the hardware" which isn't reasonable.

Thanked by 3netomx black Pwner
  • ehabehab Member

maybe on 13'th july there will offer for KS-3C... lets see.

• How to change with XC 2016 withou setup? :D

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2016

hawkjohn7 said: How to change with XC 2016 withou setup? :D

If you have a Kidechire, contact their support and ask, I think they would easily allow you to switch w/o setup fee.

• Why not a dedibox-sc for 5 euro or something like that ? :P

• sinsin Member

Wait...we can exchange our Kidechire for an SC or XC without the setup fee??

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Eh get a ks-3c.

• @Neoon said:

yeah, if it 1gbps connection i will grab ks3c.

• MadMad Member

Goodbye my friend. We passed good moments together, I'll miss you.

Thanked by 1sin

hawkjohn7 said: yeah, if it 1gbps connection i will grab ks3c.

All KS are 100 Mbit, even the top ones for 25-30 EUR.

• sometimes if you are lucky they are gbit (rarely though)

edited June 2016

texteditor said: sometimes if you are lucky they are gbit (rarely though)

Wouldn't count on that while ordering. Especially now that they fixed the setup fee.

There was some talk (by Oles?) of upgrading all KS servers to gigabit a few years ago, it was noted that only download will be gigabit, with upload staying at 100 Mbit. But it seems like that idea went nowhere.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited June 2016

@raindog308 said:

hawc said: Its a bit dickholeish

Eh...not sure I agree.

• Company offers exceptional deal with limited stock they have

• They run out

• If it breaks, they can't replace, so the only option is cancel or upgrade

Personally I'd offer a special deal on the upgrade to keep the business but that's just me.

The alternative is saying "you can no longer offer exceptional deals unless you promise lifetime support for the hardware" which isn't reasonable.

I totally agree here, Online is pretty reasonable all in all, but their one big issue is they aren't telling you about stuff beforehand. Still remember there were long discussions around guranteed bandwidth, that could have been prevented if they'd be clear about it in their offers. For the Kidechire they could have written in a large info box "no hardware replacement" in the offer, then nobody would have any reason to complain.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited June 2016

chrisp said: "no hardware replacement" in the offer, then nobody would have any reason to complain.

The "no hardware replacement" is new. This offer (the incredible and never done again 2€ per server with unlimited traffic) was almost 2 years ago (August 2014). It was already then a special server with old HDDs, and it was a special. Now, two years ago, they run out of spears. And because it was a special, probably they didn't buy lots of stock on spear equipment and they are not willing to do.

hawc said: Its a bit dickholeish to go "FUCK YOU, YOUR SERVER IS BROKEN. PAY US MORE FOR A BETTER SERVER WITH RESOURCES YOU DONT NEED"

They already informed clients that it is a legacy server with no replacement or fixes. So, you could easily move on, they didn't cheat on you. And this server is not giving what we pay for, it is giving a way much more. After all, if you want such kind of resources, there are a lot of companies that offers similar servers, but they are more expensive.

It is a pity that people complain about an almost free dedicated server that lasted a whole two years...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • sinsin Member
    edited June 2016

jvnadr said: was almost 2 years ago (August 2014)

They ran the same Kidechire promotion again 9 months ago which is when I bought mine.

jvnadr said: It was already then a special server with old HDDs, and it was a special. Now, two years ago, they run out of spears. And because it was a special, probably they didn't buy lots of stock on spear equipment

Thanked by 2Kris TheLinuxBug
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

@rm_ I run out of my two spears...

(of course I meant spares)

Thanked by 3sin netomx rm_
  • just information, my kidechire has been changed with dedibox sata 2016 without setup fee. and i can still use until 1 agus 2016.

thanks online.net :D

Thanked by 2rm_ netomx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

https://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france

oneprovider still sells them, soo...

Thanked by 1default
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2016

chrisp said: but their one big issue is they aren't telling you about stuff beforehand.

While OVH does tell you everything and... change later.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2016

@4n0nx said:
    https://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france

oneprovider still sells them, soo...

Exactly. OneProvider sells them from Online.Net, but datacenter is out of parts or replacements. To me, this is strange too.

• I think their fish "Rocky Balboa" is dead, cause the twitter account was deleted (https://twitter.com/rockyiii_online) and the stream is since some time down (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKG5YRtFbNTl6g2QsOGgp6A)

No more kidéchire support and rocky is dead !!!!