Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BackupCloud.io Storage VPS - $3.50/mo 125GB Storage, 512MB RAM, 1Gbps, KVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BackupCloud.io Storage VPS - $3.50/mo 125GB Storage, 512MB RAM, 1Gbps, KVM

zachh18zachh18 Member
edited June 2016 in Offers

VPS Servers specializing in backups

- OVH Hosted in Montreal

- Intel Haswell CPU

- Full Root Access

- Instant Setup upon successful payment

- KVM Virtualization

- Cloud Control Panel

- Multiple Linux Distributions

- Experienced Customer Service Staff

Offer

- 125GB RAID 5 Protected Disk Space

- 512MB Memory

- 1TB Bandwidth

- 1Gbps Connection

- 1 IPv4 Address

$3.50 per Month or $40 / year

Order - https://backupcloud.io

FAQ - https://backupcloud.io/?p=faq

Comments

• qq7119qq7119 Member

Price is too expensive The, there is no special place

• KobeKobe Member

@qq7119 said:

Agreed.

• zachh18zachh18 Member
    edited June 2016

@Kobe said:

@qq7119 said:

Agreed.

I'm honestly quite surprised you all think $3.50 is quite expensive for 125GB (which is a package size most places do not offer) and considering also considering a main competitor, Backupsy, is $10 per Month for 250GB of storage. At our pricing, 250GB is $7.

However, constructive criticism is always a great thing and I will take your opinions into matter.

Thanks!

• qq7119qq7119 Member

@zachh18 said:

@Kobe said:

@qq7119 said:

Agreed.

I'm honestly quite surprised you all think $3.50 is quite expensive for 125GB (which most places do not offer) and considering Backupsy is $10 / Month for 250GB. At our pricing, 250GB is $7.

However, constructive criticism is always a great thing and I will take your opinions into matter.

Thanks!

Your question is

• Memory 512MB

• Bandwidth 1TB

They are too small

According to the current market situation, you need to provide at least Memory 2GB and Bandwidth 3TB

• zachh18zachh18 Member
    edited June 2016

@qq7119 said:

@zachh18 said:

@Kobe said:

@qq7119 said:

Agreed.

I'm honestly quite surprised you all think $3.50 is quite expensive for 125GB (which most places do not offer) and considering Backupsy is $10 / Month for 250GB. At our pricing, 250GB is $7.

Thanks!

Your question is

• Memory 512MB

• Bandwidth 1TB

They are too small

According to the current market situation, you need to provide at least Memory 2GB and Bandwidth 3TB

What storage or backup application requires more than 512MB of memory for backing up or storing data? I do not see other backup VPS providers offering anything more than 1GB at the most.

Could you present to me a provider that has those capabilities for less than $10 per month?

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • samblingsambling Member
    edited June 2016

zachh18 said: I'm honestly quite surprised you all think $3.50 is quite expensive for 125GB (which is a package size most places do not offer) and considering Backupsy is $10 / Month for 250GB. At our pricing, 250GB is $7.

>

I think you're pricing isn't over the top/ expensive for what you're getting but unfortunately you are being compared with the likes of Time4VPS.eu who are offering 1TB for 3.99/euro a month.

Perhaps you could consider:

--> Offering OpenVZ and having a small oversell of diskspace. Do the majority of people use 100% of their server?

--> Deduplication.

• zachh18zachh18 Member
    edited June 2016

@sambling said:

zachh18 said: I'm honestly quite surprised you all think $3.50 is quite expensive for 125GB (which is a package size most places do not offer) and considering Backupsy is $10 / Month for 250GB. At our pricing, 250GB is $7.

>

I think you're pricing isn't over the top/ expensive for what you're getting but unfortunately you are being compared with the likes of Time4VPS.eu who are offering 1TB for 3.99/euro a month.

Perhaps you could consider:

--> Offering OpenVZ and having a small oversell of diskspace. Do the majority of people use 100% of their server?

--> Deduplication.

I suppose price speaks the most here rather than quality. I prefer not to oversell and I've always tried to stick to some standards such as providing the best service I can and never oversell. Perhaps I could offer OpenVZ but the quality of service would go down.

In my opinion, OpenVZ is not up to par with KVM and is definitely not as secure for storing data.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

zachh18 said: Perhaps I could offer OpenVZ but the quality of service would go down.

And why is that? Because of virtualization technology itself or because of not so good node resource monitoring and management?

Also, could you please point where is real world example where web hosting provider with OpenVZ on board was compromised due to virtualization fault. Thank you.

Thanked by 2bersy niceboy
  • bersybersy Member
    edited June 2016

zachh18 said: I'm honestly quite surprised you all think $3.50 is quite expensive for 125GB

Not all of us, just some guys.

zachh18 said: considering a main competitor, Backupsy, is $10 per Month for 250GB of storage. At our pricing, 250GB is $7.

Уou are not a competitor of Backupsy, and their 250GB storage is $6/m.

zachh18 said: I do not see other backup VPS providers offering anything more than 1GB at the most.

Could you present to me a provider that has those capabilities for less than $10 per month?

Here are just some examples. ZXHost - 3GB/200GB KVM for $8/month or $80/year. Prometeus - XenPower 2GB/400GB XenPV €8.8/m or €69/y, they also have flexible KVM storage resource pool. DrServer - 2GB/200GB XenHVM $7/m.

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited June 2016

If you're looking for a comparison on this low-end market, you're offer is quite interesting but not that great. Unless you're a well established provider it's very hard to provide and sustain the needed infrastructure on your price range. Believe me, you don't need to join the price war, just offer your niche with your own great quality and personal services. It would help you in the long run, (unless you're planning closing your shop in the end of year, or summer).

Thanked by 1bersy
  • zachh18zachh18 Member
    edited June 2016

@time4vps said:

zachh18 said: Perhaps I could offer OpenVZ but the quality of service would go down.

And why is that? Because of virtualization technology itself or because of not so good node resource monitoring and management?

Also, could you please point where is real world example where web hosting provider with OpenVZ on board was compromised due to virtualization fault. Thank you.

It has been possible in the past, what's to say it couldn't happen again in a future update?
    http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2014/06/24/16

I wouldn't ever advise OpenVZ for tasks like storing or backing up data. Your files are in directories within the main server, not an image.

@sirmbhe said:
    If you're looking for a comparison on this low-end market, you're offer is quite interesting but not that great. Unless you're a well established provider it's very hard to provide and sustain the needed infrastructure on your price range. Believe me, you don't need to join the price war, just offer your niche with your own great quality and personal services. It would help you in the long run, (unless you're planning closing your shop in the end of year, or summer).

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

• noamannoaman Member

@zachh18 said:

@time4vps said:

It has been possible in the past, what's to say it couldn't happen again in a future update?
    http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2014/06/24/16

I wouldn't ever advise OpenVZ for tasks like storing or backing up data. Your files are in directories within the main server, not an image.

@sirmbhe said:

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Just because you think thay openvz is not secure/good for hosting backups then its your opinion...but i dont think many people think that way....

If they would have... time4vps wouldn't be so successful with their openvz sotrage plans...

And as for openvz vs kvm i am not a linux freak...but openvz is stil is going strong :-)

• MridulMridul Member

I wish like WHT, it was better for providers not to comment in offers section ( of other providers ) , unless there are complains / feedback requests.

@jarland

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2016

@Mridul said:
    I wish like WHT, it was better for providers not to comment in offers section ( of other providers ) , unless there are complains / feedback requests.

@jarland

One or the worst parts about WHT in my opinion.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited July 2016

Actually of all the things that make this an unattractive offer to me, it isn't the cost. It is more so the fact that the location isn't given openly in the advertisement and the fact your using OVH. If it was a different/better quality network, I would have no issue paying $3.50 for 125GB, but seeing as you can get a dedicated server there for cheaper than peanuts, I would likely just order a server before debating to spend money on a 'storage vps' in OVH.

Also, for hosting in OVH the amount of bandwidth is quite low.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• zachh18zachh18 Member
    edited July 2016

Mridul said: e WHT, it was better for providers not to comment in offers section ( of other providers ) , unless there are complains / feedback requests.

I gave the location, first bullet point under the logo. OVH dedicated servers start at $69 and this offer is $3.50 per month, which isn't going to break the bank if you only need around 100GB of storage.

I honestly have not had an issue with the OVH network at all; I've run numerous tests and benchmarks on all of my services from them and have found them to be better in the network side of things (such as DDoS mitigation) than other providers like Limestone Networks and Singlehop. (Which I have not used either in years so the comparison may not be fair)

I just want people to know I'm trying to create KVM backup servers that are reliable and not oversold. That is essentially my main goal.