Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Providers with IPs that work with Netflix US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Providers with IPs that work with Netflix US

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited June 2016 in Requests

Hello,

I wanna spin up a small vps to run openvpn on in order to access netflix US.
Needlessly to say, your ips should not be blacklisted and I would like to TRY if I can access netflix after the installation of openvpn first before I would acctually stick with the server.

Specs:

Just whatever I need for ovpn. 512mb Ram should be more than enough, bw might be a bit more as I will be watching on Flix, budget around 5-7$/mo.

Location (obviously): US

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

INIZ used to work, not sure about them anymore.

You're going to be hard pressed getting trials, a lot of companies I queried wouldn't allow it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

I doubt mainstream providers would be able to meet your requirements as Netflix seems to block most Non Residential IPs.

Maybe a summerhost looking to make a quick buck off his FiOS offering NATed VPS could look into this niche :P

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

Did they block ovh?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited June 2016

@Ympker said:
    Did they block ovh?

Don't know about OVH US, but EU based OVH servers are unable to access Netflix US.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2016

@K4Y5 said:

@Ympker said:
    Did they block ovh?

Don't know about OVH US, but EU based OVH servers are unable to access Netflix US.

Well I guess that's to be expected as they are using EU ip. My friend has a dedi with ovh and has some US failover ip leftovers. Could we make use of that?

• BradBrad Member

@Ympker said:

@K4Y5 said:

@Ympker said:
    Did they block ovh?

Well I guess that's to be expected as they are using EU ip. My friend has a dedi with ovh and has some US failover ip leftovers. Could we make use of that?

Considering the size of OVH, it's unlikely that they would not already be 'blacklisted'.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Brad said:

@Ympker said:

@K4Y5 said:

@Ympker said:
    Did they block ovh?

Considering the size of OVH, it's unlikely that they would not already be 'blacklisted'.

Currently browsing lowendstock for some candidates xD

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Ping me, might be able to help with an instance in UTAH or Chicago for $5/mth.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

ATHK said: INIZ used to work, not sure about them anymore.

We have few ranges that may work whilst others recently blocked, they have recently gone back to blocking ranges again very quickly. It's pretty much a endless cycle and likely whomever you go with that still works unless has minor activity from the range will end up getting blocked within months.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Looks quite tempting :) Can I install openvpn first and see if it will work though?

Yeah, that range blocking sux :/

• Ympker said: Looks quite tempting :) Can I install openvpn first and see if it will work though?

Sure, send me a PM!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

You can try us ,if not works we will refund.We have no complaints so far.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • RamiRami Member

Netflix will be very happy with this thread because it will help detecting the working hosts that they missed

Send Offers and Suggestions in PM guys not in public

Thanked by 2Dylan ATHK
  • @Rami said:
    Netflix will be very happy with this thread because it will help detecting the working hosts that they missed

Somehow I don't think netflix will be browsing LET to find small time hosts with a few people that use them to bypass netflix.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • RamiRami Member
    edited June 2016

@linuxthefish said:

@Rami said:

Somehow I don't think netflix will be browsing LET to find small time hosts with a few people that use them to bypass netflix.

You're mistaken because they do and LET is not that small to be ignored

Anyway it is your subnets that you're risking :D

Thanked by 1yomero
  • thatixthatix Member

Didn't understand why netflix block IPs from datacenters, they still can get money from oversea users behind a vpn server,can't they?
    This will only let more people use torrent to watch what they want .

Thanked by 1grimsdottir
  • RamiRami Member

@thatix said:
    Didn't understand why netflix block IPs from datacenters, they still can get money from oversea users behind a vpn server,can't they?

Because of copyrights

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@linuxthefish said:

Ympker said: Looks quite tempting :) Can I install openvpn first and see if it will work though?

Sure, send me a PM!

Sent you a pm :)

• IshaqIshaq Member

512MB Special. $3/month or $24/year. Comes with 50Gbps DDoS mitigation and /64 IPv6 subnet.

IPv4 won't be from datacenter so unlikely to be blacklisted. You can try it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Ishaq said:
    512MB Special. $3/month or $24/year. Comes with 50Gbps DDoS mitigation and /64 IPv6 subnet.

Currently awaiting Linuxthefish reply but nonetheless Id like to try :) Please pm me with more info^^

• RamiRami Member

@Ympker Check the PM I sent to you :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

As I have already had 2 fails with Nyrs script when testing VPS:
    TUN needs to be available!

• Torguard had a $5 a month dedicated netflix ip. Not a known range and the IP is only used by you so much less detectable

• ATHKATHK Member

@Ishaq said:

Interesting. I might just buy one.

• Please also send me pm.
    Thanks

• vpngate is free, runs on residential connections of donors. (can't post link atm, mobile is being funky again)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @thatix said:

If it was up to Netflix, there would be no restrictions. You have to look past them to content owners living in their obsolete paradigm dream world where they can still demand that only US people see their content.

This was a move by Netflix to simply comply with these demands or risk losing their contracts to host the content.

Thanked by 2Dylan linuxthefish
  • They 1st emote worried of large companies offering this business.

Use ibvpn and use their dns service.

I use their VPN stuff but the dns service they have seems to work still

• rokokrokok Member

@Ishaq said:

Refund / replace if blacklist by netflix?

Might grab one only for us netflix