Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorry for Ripping sites
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sorry for Ripping sites

xprotoceptxprotocept Member
edited December 2011 in General

Hey all

Sooooo, i ripped a few websites, and i would like to say sorry to everyone that have been affected by this
Especially to @VMPort where i Ripped 3 website designs

Well, i don't know what to say more here

I'm Sorry once again

EDIT:
Here is a list of the sites on LEB i have Ripped:

VMPort
EaseVPS
YourVZ
URPad
VirtualSRV
GBServers
2Host
SSDNodes
123Systems
NQHost

Thanked by 2Mon5t3r Asim

Comments

• please state what other sites you ripped as there seem to be alot of leb sites in scriptmafia are they your doing as well?

• Done that

• @xprotocept i appreciate your honesty

• @daimonb said: @xprotocept i appreciate your honesty

I'm going to be an ass here and point out that @xprotocept stated a number of times that he or she did not do so previously. Not making an opinion of that as it's @LowEndAdmin's site and it'll be up to him to deal with the issue. Just stating.

+1 though for @xprotocept replacing al of those sites with new designs though. :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2011

I vote ban. These are not the type of kids we want here at LET. Steal, lie, and cheat then apologize after getting caught lying more. Why would providers want to post here with a known ScriptMafia editor lurking for more content?

• You know, I thought "alright the kid was a bit of a dick" give him a break. But then I asked him "why" he did it, as I was genuinely interested. The response...

@xprotocept said: Well, i did it because i thought adcrun.ch and adf.ly would make me tons of money that way

But it doesn't, i will also stop ripping now

If he could have made money out of it, he would of kept going basically.

Thanked by 2Xeoncross gsrdgrdghd
  • @Joel said: If he could have made money out of it, he would of kept going basically.

Like most people would have done.

• most people don't steal from other peoples and try and profit from it. Sure there's a certain percentage that do, but they're not most people.

Thanked by 1Xeoncross
  • That excuse removed his innocent kid status. Ban him.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @Joel said: Well, i did it because i thought adcrun.ch and adf.ly would make me tons of money that way

But it doesn't, i will also stop ripping now

Haven't seen that post before, guess he must be serious in stopping. that's totally useless and file hosting sites points are sometimes good for trading with a free premium account on same site but for getting even some money it isn't any easy.

• sorry if i'm not in the same mind with all guys here, but i think banning some person is not a good way for this community. just see the jtodd hatter, (s)he's back for a couple time. this is our job for changing xproto attitude and behavior. he's still young, he still have a lot of time to learn. but i think let LEA decide it.

• I don't see a reason to ban the kid? What he did wasn't nice, but I think people's reactions are a bit overboard. Anyone with basic HTML/CSS knowledge can do what he did, it's not the end of the world.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • Anybody can do it, that doesn't meen they should. Im sure you would feel different if it was something of yours that kept getting stolen, come on hes clearly targetted here just for ripping sites, why would we want someone like that amongst us around here?

Its just damn right rude and disrespectful, who cares if hes a kid. Do the crime, do the time.

This whole "Oh hes just a kid" attitude is what got the UK in the state its in today, where none of these kids give a sh*t about respect.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

The kid made money by stealing from LEB providers and cost some companies hundreds of dollars. It's bad for LET.com and LEB.com if LEA allows members like this to remain here since LEB/LET are where these thieves are lurking. Sure some lurk in the shadows but this kid had the nerve to act like a member here and even commented on some of the threads that were about the rips he did offering fake sympathy and lies while turning around and ripping more sites AT THE SAME TIME.

Thanked by 2marrco Infinity
  • look personally i think the humilation is enough he even went as far as naming the other companies he ripped. Banning him will not change his ways we have to educate and rehabilitate. DO we really want to give up on the kids of today maybe that is why the uk is how it is today and not the oh he's just a kid attitude.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • Its hardly humiliation sat behind a username :/

• mahjongmahjong Member
    edited December 2011

I don't think he should be banned, thats never a solution, not among webmasters (he can just reregister with another name/Ip).
    He did something stupid, but i guess, as already stated, anyone with a basic css/html/javascript knowledge can copy those sites template without any kind of hardship... although you won't make much money from it ever, copiing is not a solution.

xprotocept:
    If you are good at copiing templates, you should also create your own. There are a lot of noobs looking for wordpress themes and other site templates... you could earn money from your own-made content. Even if you create free templates using adfly and uploaded to fileserve or other payperdownload, you could earn money from your own works... work hard, build up a basic 'fan' club if creating free themes. You can also 'hide' your free theme download page behind cpalead, it can earn you money. But first - work hard and create your own content.

• Imho he didn't steal anything, just like you don't "steal" a movie when you pirate it. He copied it.

• japonjapon Member
    edited December 2011

@gsrdgrdghd said: Imho he didn't steal anything, just like you don't "steal" a movie when you pirate it. He copied it.

Ah hair-splitting, nice. You may notice, that copyright infringement is a criminal offense.

• @japon said: Ah hair-splitting, nice. You may notice, that copyright infringement is a criminal offense.

Nope its not, at least not here.

In civil law, a private party (e.g., a corporation or individual person) files the lawsuit and becomes the plaintiff. In criminal law, the litigation is always filed by the government, who is called the prosecution. http://www.rbs2.com/cc.htm

Copyright infrigment is an offense against civil law, not criminal law. At least i have never seen the government actually prosecute someone for torrenting a movie (it's always private ripoff companies and copyright holders that do so)

• japonjapon Member
    edited December 2011

@gsrdgrdghd said: Nope its not, at least not here.

For the Dutch law copyright infringement is a criminal offense.

And for the US: "The basis of copyright in federal law is as old as the Constitution, U.S. Const. art. I, § 8, cl. 8; infringement of a copyright has been a federal crime since 1909. " See more in the copyright handbook.

• Well as far as im aware here (Germany) it depends on the situation if civil law or criminal law is applicable.
    I.e. if you copy movies just to watch them yourself from friends thats not punishable at all, if you copy stuff from strangers civil law applies but if you use any form of copyrightes material to generat profit for yourself thats criminal.
    I agree with you though, anyone copying other peoples work to generate profit for themself is a criminal.

• JoelJoel Member
    edited December 2011

@gsrdgrdghd said: At least i have never seen the government actually prosecute someone for torrenting a movie

Just because you "have never seen" doesn't mean that it "isn't law." Sorry, but if you want to make a bidding case here you're going to have to present something a little more factual than "I have never seen" as the cornerstone of your whole point. By your definition of legalities, rape is not a criminal offense as "I have never seen" it happen. Comprende?

So @gsrdgrdghd, you have no issue if you spend 100+ hours building a website template and somebody just comes across and "copies" it.

Thanked by 1Ash_Hawkridge
  • @Joel said: So @gsrdgrdghd, you have no issue if you spend 100+ hours building a website template and somebody just comes across and "copies" it.

I did not say that. But just fyi, i have GPL'd everything i've coded so far so that everyone can use it.
    As i said, i don't think its right to copy other peoples work for profit, but i don't think its stealing either.

• @Joel said: So @gsrdgrdghd, you have no issue if you spend 100+ hours building a website template and somebody just comes across and "copies" it

Hmm isnt that what google do.

The difference really is he tried to sell it

• JoelJoel Member
    edited December 2011

@gsrdgrdghd said: I did not say that. But just fyi, i have GPL'd everything i've coded so far so that everyone can use it.

Good for you, not everybody has the luxury of being able to afford to GPL their code.

@gsrdgrdghd said: As i said, i don't think its right to copy other peoples work for profit, but i don't think its stealing either.

So copying other peoples' work isn't stealing?
    So going to VMPort's website, copying all the code isn't stealing?

Then please explain what it is, I and most likely many other eagerly await your definition of this if it isn't stealing. Do you have any idea what Intellectual Property means? Or does the "intellectual" part cause a complete miss-fire of your synapse?

Try copying the Mona Lisa or a Rembrandt and go redistribute it for sale without permission and see if the terms "fraud, forgery, stolen intellectual property" don't come and haunt you.

@exussum said: Hmm isnt that what google do.

Oh Google are ripping sites now and putting them on filesharing sites to make money? Really? Since when?

• japonjapon Member
    edited December 2011

@Joel said: Then please explain what it is, I and most likely many other eagerly await your definition of this if it isn't stealing.

I guess he's doing hair-splitting here. I guess he wants to tell that stealing involves that the stolen object is not in place anymore. And this is not the case in copyright infringements. But then again, criminal law is not only about missing objects.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Well as far as im aware here (Germany) it depends on the situation if civil law or criminal law is applicable.

Well I can't see that. According to the German copyright law it's a criminal offense just like in the other EU countries.

See also: "It is a criminal offense under German law to infringe upon the copyright of a work." http://www.ehow.com/facts_6773017_german-copyright-law.html

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited December 2011

@japon said: Well I can't see that. According to the German copyright law it's a criminal offense just like in the other EU countries.

Private copies are allowed according to § 53 1.1 UrhG
    http://www.iuscomp.org/gla/statutes/UrhG.htm#53

@Joel said: Then please explain what it is, I and most likely many other eagerly await your definition of this if it isn't stealing.

Well as i said, its copying.

• @exussum said: Hmm isnt that what google do.

Oh Google are ripping sites now and putting them on filesharing sites to make money? Really? Since when?

I did say the differnce is he tried to sell it, Google have a copy of your site with images etc. Thats kinda how search engines work ...

• @gsrdgrdghd

You just contradicted your self right there :P There is quite a difference between using something for private use and putting it on scriptmafia for the world to download.

Thanked by 1japon