Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paypal Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Paypal Review

SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
edited June 2016 in Reviews

Recently we had a case of what appears to be pretty clear cut Fraud. Buyer has issues with his backend server, and then proceeds to open 12 disputes for services rendered over the full 180 days allowed. (2-3 services over 6 months, and considerable money)

Of course given the severity of such an action, we called PayPal and had a chat. Primarily worried about the Intangible items policies resulting in a decision in the buyers favour before the appropriate attention was given to the case.

Results from these disputes have today started to come in.

We’ve completed our review of your case ***. Due to the unique circumstances, we've decided to refund the buyer at no cost to you.

>

Your account won't be debited and the case has been closed. You don't need to take any action.

Interesting, I haven't seen that before - both people refunded. Nice to see some of our Fees coming back. Anyone else seen that before? I wonder if the cases got a note attached when we called. hmm.

Thank you PayPal anyway, its rare that you get applauded for your handling of Disputes & Chargebacks online. I hope this is a step in the right direction for the future :)

Thanked by 1vimalware

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Yeah I've had as well. They're very accommodating over the phone too. Extremely friendly.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2016

I've never heard of them refunding both parties, I don't see why they would do it unless the rep you got on the phone knew it couldn't be fought but knew you were in the right.

Edit: I've had a great experience w/ PayPal over the phone regarding disputes also

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • Whaaaaaaat? Since when did PayPal refund both parties?

That's not the spirit of PayPal - I expect unfair disputes and loss of cash!

(note: just kidding, good job on getting your funds returned)

Thanked by 2yomero vimalware
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@EVM_Mike: Thats my going theory too.

The lady on the phone was very useful. Basically gave me a checklist of everything I need in a Dispute (every point they want to make it possible to decide in your favour). And also everything that can be improved for the future, particularly using Paypal Invoices and Billing Agreements etc.

• DamianDamian Member

If you have a Paypal business account in the United States (possibly other countries too), your business has a rep assigned to you. You most likely won't know it unless you call and ask to speak with your assigned rep. Get to know them, tell them about your business and how it functions and what you do to effect the concept of fraud checks, and you'll find that you will no longer arbitrarily lose money to people who do not understand how the real world works.

• Had that happen to me too. Just submitted FR and moved on. I'm happy with getting money back.

• They've been doing this for a while now, even without having to call in.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

I have that a lot of times since I sell in the range they would probably consider pocket money.
    But most of the time I win virtual item cases.

• RamiRami Member
    edited June 2016

I almost never lose a dispute and always get my money (always small amounts)and they are really very friendly on the phone when it come to a dispute but when they limited your account for no reason you'll never get a straight answer (in the past 4-5years they limited around 3 accounts and I had to open a new one)

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

We've seen this several times now without having to contact them, it's simply based on all the evidence you present.

• dempldempl Member

I usually just get to fill USPS tracking number for my service and when I call them they say they will manually open a dispute for intangible goods , and allow me to show evidence for the intangible goods case and then they just don't do it and I lose my money

• Bad news travels faster than good news.

This is definitely an interesting anecdote.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • I have same in my causes but I use the standard way via PayPal website never used phone support as normally I win.

Dear Galaxy Digital Networks,

We’ve completed our review of this case. Due to the unique circumstances, we've decided to refund the buyer at no cost to you.

Your account won't be debited and the case has been closed.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I guess, if they make profit of you throught transactions, which is not a small ammount, they give you something back.

• racksxracksx Member

We got the same, on Transaction date: 27 December 2015