Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Mac SSH Client
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Mac SSH Client

Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
edited March 2013 in General

I have gotten to the point where I have many windows of terminal open on my mac and am searching for a new client.

For those of you that are Mac users, what is the SSH client you use or which do you find to be the best?

Comments

• abatabat Member

I just use Terminal, I find it perfectly adequate.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

+1 for the standard terminal, never had any issues with having multiple windows/tabs open.

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited March 2013

iTerm2

• RoyalTSX here as I do a lot of RDP, VNC and use its features extensively. It's not free but its a good product.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Mac terminal is by far my favorite. It has customization options that are just perfect. That RoyalTSX does look sexy...

• jhjh Member

Did buy SecureCRT but have gone back to Terminal as its easier.

• I use iTerm2

• Terminal -> ssh

._.

• prae5prae5 Member

+1 for terminal

• wdqwdq Member

I have been using Terminal for quite some time now, but I have always been interested in alternatives. I'm taking a look at Royal TSX right now and it looks really nice.

• flyfly Member

iterm2+gnu screen/tmux. i pretty much bought osx just for iterm2

• Terminal.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

I just use Terminal also :p

• Terminal. Use Cmd-T to open up new tabs.

• iterm? :D

Despite I am not a mac user generally

• iTerm2. Split window SSH sessions give it the edge over the built-in Terminal

• Just use Terminal. Uses the standard OpenSSH client which is full featured.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Terminator (Works on Linux, Mac, and Windows)

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I use iTerm2 :)

• the default terminal. i just change the terminal bg color to identify which is which

• @DRobins13 said: iTerm2. Split window SSH sessions give it the edge over the built-in Terminal

You can split the window in Terminal too.

• I always wonder, after looking for other terminals myself and not finding ones I like, I found Remoter. I love the fact its all in one and I just store my info in it and all my servers are a simple click away.

When people ask like this, I never see Remoter recommended and I wondered has any of you ever tried it and not liked it or just never heard of it?

Remoter Labs

• I've always found the included Terminal application to be adequate.

• @Holoshed said: love the fact its all in one and I just store my info in it and all my servers are a simple click away.

You can do that in Terminal too. Make aliases or shell scripts. so connect-server1 or sh connect-server1

• Terminal and iTerm2

• +1 for standard terminal

• @MrAndroid said: You can do that in Terminal too. Make aliases or shell scripts. so connect-server1 or sh connect-server1

@MrAndroid well, that could be said with a lot of stuff, I do not think the ability to do something with or without the default Terminal is in question here. In terms of actual differential added FROM the Terminal app, I was asking feature wise why pick other apps over remoter, or if any one had heard of them.

I liked the look of Royal TSX though.