Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach is down for all or just me
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach is down for all or just me

CyberdigitalCyberdigital Member
edited June 2016 in Help

Update: they are back again. I guess no need to continue this thread.

Hello, I just wanted some help with my vps with virmach and i can see that website is offline.
I got a mail from my wordpress installation that website was offline for 22 mins and now up. So i went online and checked and found website offline. When i checked with down for me or all

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/virmach.com.html

It's saying that website down for 3 days. Is it true? Any virmach user here can confirm that?

Thanked by 1eastonch

Comments

• nockernocker Member

down from here

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

yeah down for all

• and no one has mentioned him yet.

@virmach

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • Website was alive yesterday, now down for me.
    VPS server (mine at LA) still working.

• Even mine vps is working. I got freaked out due to the site lookup service saying website down since 3 days. So messaged here. @abitfun thanks for reply.. Feeling better..
    I have just moved a big project there ;)

• Was submitting a support ticket through their website around 04:00 UTC.

A bit strange that Cloudflare is presenting an old timestamp in their 522 errors for the site.

• Not loading over here for me.

• My external monitoring picked up an hour long outage earlier today (Virmach frankfurt)

I saw some correlation with connectivity loss to dediserve Frankfurt (both providers operating out of first-colo)

Hope this helps. could be a DC-wide DDOS

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Our Frankfurt location (all servers) went out briefly (network only) at about the same time our website went down. It's completely a coincidence and they're not related.

Frankfurt DC denies any network outage and won't provide further information, although we can confirm it happened. Our website, as I stated is unrelated. There was a disk partition issue / issue with the filesystem. Everything has been resolved. We're just confirming data integrity before we bring it back online. Sorry for not replying to this thread earlier - we've been busy all morning.

SolusVM is up and all services are up. We're not being attacked in any way.

Thanked by 2vimalware brueggus
  • noamannoaman Member

@Cyberdigital said:
    Hello, I just wanted some help with my vps with virmach and i can see that website is offline.
    I got a mail from my wordpress installation that website was offline for 22 mins and now up. So i went online and checked and found website offline. When i checked with down for me or all

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/virmach.com.html

It's saying that website down for 3 days. Is it true? Any virmach user here can confirm that? So i can quickly take a backup of my website.

You know I could have created the thread but its better to contact the host first on the let

@virmach

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • noamannoaman Member
    edited June 2016

@theroyalstudent said:
    and no one has mentioned him yet.

@virmach

I informed him 4 hours ago... :-)

• DamianDamian Member

Why bother paying for Nodeping, Uptimerobot, et al when there's Lowendtalk?

Lowendservermonitoring

• Website down, but my vps is working (Dallas)

• How long were the services down ?

• sandrosandro Member

They deleted the website?

• Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /manage/clientarea.php on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at virmach.com Port 80

• Wow this summer host packed up early

• eatdaoeatdao Member

all down

• nepsneps Member
    edited June 2016

isograb said: Wow this summer host packed up early

Their website is down, not their services. My Virmach VPSs are working fine in all locations.

EDIT: The main WordPress site is back up; just WHMCS is still in maintenance mode.

• Down for Maintenance (Err 3)

We are currently performing required maintenance and will be back shortly. I'm very sorry for the continued delay in getting our website operational.

The database for WHMCS was corrupted. We've had to use a backup that's one day old. Any services, tickets, and accounts created that are within this period will have to be re-created. Don't worry, that doesn't mean that your service itself is gone. We just have to sync it with SolusVM.

We will attempt to fill in the information with what we have, but please create a ticket if your account or service is gone. A very small number of people will be affected.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2016

@VirMach said:
    The database for WHMCS was corrupted. We've had to use a backup that's one day old. Any services, tickets, and accounts created that are within this period will have to be re-created. Don't worry, that doesn't mean that your service itself is gone. We just have to sync it with SolusVM.

We will attempt to fill in the information with what we have, but please create a ticket if your account or service is gone. A very small number of people will be affected.

Wat? and you are not able to put a plain HTML page on it, telling your costumers that? Instead its for 3 Days+ offline.

Seems like my VPS in EU is dead right now...

Thanked by 2sandro bersy
  • CyberdigitalCyberdigital Member
    edited June 2016

Yup. Even mine went offline just now. I hope it will comeback online soon.
    @Neoon.
    @virmach

Neoon said: Instead its for 3 Days+ offline.

3 Days? It was about 12 hours of downtime for our website. All services were unaffected by this downtime. There was a brief outage in Frankfurt yesterday.

Cyberdigital said: Yup. Even mine went offline just now. I hope it will comeback online soon.

@Neoon. @virmach

Frankfurt is having further network issues again. Seeing as the datacenter didn't update us with any information yesterday, I'm not sure how they will handle it today. I've already contacted them. It's unfortunately out of our hands.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • WHTWHT Member

Hacked?

• All the more reason to cluster across diverse DCs. :)

Virmach $30/y kvm special is really good value for this tactic.

• CyberdigitalCyberdigital Member
    edited June 2016

@vimalware said:
    All the more reason to cluster across diverse DCs. :)

Virmach $30/y kvm special is really good value for this tactic.

Frankly i liked their services. I have a vps with them and except these last 2 days it was working damm fine. I hope they recover from it quick.

@virmach you should let clients know about outage. I got to know that my website is down from one of the visitor :(

• RizRiz Member

I've had no issues with there service this far. Support has always been friendly, and gets things done. Might not be the fastest, but what do you expect?

• @Riz said:
    but what do you expect?

I expect a 5-second guaranteed response time with a 15-second resolution time. I expect a 101% uptime guarantee with a 500% SLA credit for every millisecond of downtime.

I believe that is all.

Thanked by 1Riz
  • @Cyberdigital said:
    I got to know that my website is down from one of the visitor :(

You need a monitor.

Thanked by 2Riz Clouvider