Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage VPS in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage VPS in Europe

dnidni Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hi,
i need a storage vps with the following specs in Europe:

RAM 256MB
HDD 250 GB - 500 GB
BW 500 GB - 1000 GB
Any virtualisation

Budget: 5$ - 7$

THX !!!

Comments

• AsimAsim Member

I was going to post the same link :P

• Yes, iperweb/prometeus are excellent. But they should consider posting their offers in a different default currency, or listing the prices in multiple currencies.
    When i see 12.50GBP i can't immediately understand just how much this is, without googling. And i can imagine it is the same for all the other people, except for the brits.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@rds100 said: When i see 12.50GBP i can't immediately understand just how much this is, without googling. And i can imagine it is the same for all the other people, except for the brits.

Seriously mate, is it that much aggro to fire up XE.com for the odd offer? I have to do it for virtually every offer on here, so I'm sure you can survive doing it for a couple.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2013

@Nekki you are right, it's not such a big deal. Still i think it would be better if the approximate prices were listed in USD/EUR too. Of course if the laws in UK allow it (since iperweb is a UK registered company).

• @rds100 said: @Nekki you are right, it's not such a big deal. Still i think it would be better if the approximate prices were listed in USD/EUR too. Of course if the laws in UK allow it (since iperweb is a UK registered company).

I don't see why USD should be the default currency :S

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2013

@GetKVM_Ash said: I don't see why USD should be the default currency :S

Because most websites dealing with international clients use USD :) Probably not a very good reason, but still...
    And i don't mind the GBP beeing the default currency. I just think it would be a good idea to add something (with smaller font) which lists the approximate price in USD/EUR too.
    Or maybe just display the approximate price in USD/EUR when hovering the mouse over the GBP price? Should work too.

• @rds100 said: And i don't mind the GBP beeing the default currency. Ii just think it would be a good idea to add something (with smaller font) which lists the approximate price in USD/EUR too.

Or maybe just display the approximate price in USD/EUR when hovering the mouse over the GBP price? Should work too.

I can certainly see how this would help. I guess its just the fact that exchange rates are up and down like a yo-yo lately. Especially USD.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@rds100 I'm sure Uncle has commented on this before. From memory, because they conduct all transactions in GBP, listing approximate prices in USD proves problematic because when the charged amount differs from the approximation they'll get complaints.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2013

Well, ebay shows me the approximate price in USD for everything listed in GBP or any other currency. I am not sure how much complaints they get because of this but i can imagine not much :)

• @rds100 said: Well, ebay shows me the approximate price in USD for everything listed in GBP or any other currency. I am not sure how much complaints they get because of this but i can imagine not much :)

This is LET not ebay, people complain about anything :P

• @GetKVM_Ash said: This is LET not ebay, people complain about anything :P

Haha, true :)

• @GetKVM_Ash said: This is LET not ebay, people complain about anything :P

Don't people complain on ebay?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@rds100 Like I say, I think that was the line from the owner. I could be wrong, my memory is terrible :-)

• @concerto49 said: Don't people complain on ebay?

Not publicly on your listing, no.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

At present I've enough headache with the currencies on the prometeus side. On IperWeb I wanted things to be simple, if I find some simple currency converter to integrate I will do first or later :-)

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited March 2013

@Nekki said: listing approximate prices in USD proves problematic because when the charged amount differs from the approximation they'll get complaints

Try asking @Patrick who employs this, how many complaints he got about it.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@DalComp said: Try asking @Patrick who employs this, how many complaints he got about it.

Not had a complaint about this in a few months now, client pays the fixed price when ordering in USD and doesn't change with the current currency rate.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited March 2013

I don't see why USD should be the default currency :S

Either do I. I think hosts should get rid of the USD/Euro/GBP crap on their order forms entirely since only 12% of the world's population lives in those countries and replace it with Yuans and Rupees which are used by 37% of people on a daily basis.

要么做我認為主機應該擺脫對美元/歐元/英鎊廢話他們的訂單形成完全,因為只有12%的世界人口生活在這些國家,取而代之的是與元人民幣和盧比,其中37%的人所使用的每天的基礎。

या तो मैं मुझे लगता है कि मेजबान उनके आदेश पर बकवास / अमरीकी डालर / यूरो GBP छुटकारा मिलना चाहिए उन देशों में दुनिया की आबादी जीवन के केवल 12% के बाद से पूरी तरह रूपों और यह yuans और रुपए है जो लोगों के 37% के द्वारा किया जाता है के साथ बदलेंएक दैनिक आधार पर.

edited to actually add a comment that is on topic:

Cheap Storage in the EU that I use: Kimsufi mks2G, Prometeus, and HostSlim (200GB for 6.25 euros...it was a 75% off sale)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@DalComp said: Try asking @Patrick who employs this, how many complaints he got about it.

But he doesn't employ what we're discussing, he bills in dollars :-/

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

BTW I want to thank all the guys suggesting our services :-D

Most of the time I don't write thanks message to limit the noise, but I appreciate your appreciation ;-)

• @Nekki said: Seriously mate, is it that much aggro to fire up XE.com for the odd offer? I have to do it for virtually every offer on here, so I'm sure you can survive doing it for a couple.

Google: 12.50 gbp to eur (or usd or whatever).

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@mpkossen said: Google: 12.50 gbp to eur (or usd or whatever).

Or just search 12.50GBP in your own local Google thingamajig and it should give it in your currency, like I use .com to convert to USD, and vice versa with .co.uk.