Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for ticket based support system?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestions for ticket based support system?

We are looking at options for a ticket based support system for our quickly growing user base and was wondering if people had suggestions. We are currently using zoho and its ok but not really what we are looking for. We are not a hosting provider but a PAAS platform but wondered what systems people used or would recommend?

If its a paid product its not such an issue as long as the cost delivers a good product.

Comments

• cassacassa Member

osTicket, Jira, SupportTrio

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

For me, https://www.supportpal.com/ or osTicket

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

Desk, Kayako, Groove

• BradBrad Member

LowEndTalk? :D

Jokes aside, osTicket is pretty good for a free solution.

• Kayako +1

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

+1 for osTicket

• Kayako is user friendly and professional but expensive.
    For open source, I'll go for osTicket.

• SupportPal (formally ArcticDesk does look quite nice), but it appears to be a one or two man operation.

We've recently started using Desk, which has been impressive. SaaS so it's one less thing to worry about, and it integrates nicely with Salesforce and various other apps if that is of any interest to you.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Zendesk.

• Why not build your own one? That way you can include only the features that you need.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

osTicket or Zendesk

• Not sure if what you're looking for is internal employee only, if thats so I'd suggest Service-Now

• HWAYSHWAYS Member

For me freshdesk. It is free for 3 agents

• Have been using Hesk for years now http://hesk.com/. E-mail ticketing works great. And when you use https://mods-for-hesk.mkochcs.com/ it looks really nice too!

For a special site I am using freshdesk, loads of features for free https://freshdesk.com/helpdesk-features

• You can try Kayako as its having very good options

• NomadNomad Member

Otrs?

• +1 for LowEndTalk

Thanked by 2jh tux
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Zendesk and Kayako :-)

• jhjh Member
    edited June 2016

Kayako is lagging waaay behind the competition these days. Version 6 is about 6 months overdue, update have mostly stalled, it looks dated and the prices are too ambitious given the competition.

If you want one that integrates with everything, Zendesk.

If you want one that's simple and just works, HelpScout.

If you want one that does everything and you can host yourself, DeskPRO.

Thanked by 1DreamCaster
  • Wira_SoenaryoWira_Soenaryo Member
    edited June 2016

OsTicket is good.. But seems they stop develop it.. last update pretty long time ago..

Update : they just make an update few days ago.. :)

• @PremiumN said:
    Why not build your own one?

For the same reasons people usually buy a car from a dealer rather than building one in their garage.

Thanked by 2drdrake doughmanes
  • @Microlinux said:
    For the same reasons people usually buy a car from a dealer rather than building one in their garage.

wow, thats one hell of an extreme you're comparing there mate xD
    What i mean is that last time i tried looking for ticket support software, i ended up not liking any of them because either they had too many unwanted features or certain functions lacked in certain areas.

• sonicsonic Veteran

+1 oSticket

• I've used SupportPal/ArcticDesk in the past but the project not moving forward is why I ceased using it. It was definitely better than WHMCS and not as clunky as Kayako. However if you've got the pockets for it, go with Kayako.

• AD_JayAD_Jay Member

Nice to see some mentions for our software :-)

@zaecwxlp said:
    SupportPal (formally ArcticDesk does look quite nice), but it appears to be a one or two man operation.

It's a small operation, sure, but we're proud of it and means we're more agile. You can compare how many updates we've put out in the past 6 months compared to bigger players like Kayako.

@doughmanes said:
    I've used SupportPal/ArcticDesk in the past but the project not moving forward is why I ceased using it. It was definitely better than WHMCS and not as clunky as Kayako.

I feel this is harsh as before the start of the year, we were working exclusively on v2, have you tried it since then? We've been delivering updates every month since the first beta and expect to continue the improvements at a good rate as the base software is much better with the new version.