Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for storage plan, 200gb minimum
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for storage plan, 200gb minimum

NekkiNekki Veteran
edited March 2013 in General

This is a request on behalf of a buddy of mine.

He's looking for a VPS with a large amount of storage for a private ownCloud install.

Minimum specs would be:

256MB guaranteed RAM
200GB HDD
Bandwidth x2 HDD
1 core
Any virtualisation
Location isn't terribly important, but the closer to the UK the better; Europe or east coast USA would be preferred.

Budget is $3-$5 per month. Would be prepared to pay annually/semi-annually for a better deal with an established provider.

Cheers!

Comments

• I could do that for $7 but I'd give you 500gb storage

• @curtisg said: I could do that for $7 but I'd give you 500gb storage

Location, DC, network?

• Can do according to your exact budget, monthly or yearly doesn't matter. You have two location choice, Dallas,Tx or Lenoir, Nc.

• JacobJacob Member

I can do this in UK but for $7.

• I think you'll have to raise the budget a bit to get that amount of spec.

• Bronzebyte: gorilla servers is where servers at - unmetered 100mbit is what is offer

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@NHNahian said: Can do according to your exact budget, monthly or yearly doesn't matter. You have two location choice, Dallas,Tx or Lenoir, Nc.

What's your hosting company mate? NinjaHawk?

@Jacob said: I can do this in UK but for $7.

Thanks for the offer, I'll put this to him and see if being in the UK is worth the extra $2 to him.

@titanicsaled said: I think you'll have to raise the budget a bit to get that amount of spec.

I don't think so; I've seen providers offer this spec for $20 yearly before, so it doesn't seem an unreasonable ask; obviously I'm looking for some kind of deal, otherwise I'd just pick a plan from the website of a provider I like.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Check out our latest storage offer I believe it will fit your needs. :

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/8375/fliphost-community-inspired-offer-storage-ssd-and-more-limited-1tb-for-7

Storage is in both Dallas and NJ

• My offer:
    USA
    500gb hdd( or 1024gb for extra $3 )
    Unmetered 100mbit
    1 IP address
    Ovz
    $7

• bobbybobby Member
    edited March 2013

No contest: http://my.iperweb.com/cart/backup-kvm/ or https://www.torqhost.com/virtual_private_servers/storage - both should be nice to .uk

Fliphost and 24khost in Choopa could also do the job

• @Nekki yep. Pm me or feel free to open a ticket.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Fliphost I did look at your offers, but either the HDD is a little too low (150GB on the $3 plan) or the price is above the $7 (350GB plan). However, if nothing else appeals to him, I have a feeling he might have a second look at the $3 as it seems excellent value IMO. I might even get one myself :-)

@curtisg Thanks for the offer, but as I'm making a recommendation for someone, I can't recommend you in good faith as I've never really heard much in the way of feedback on your services, good or bad. No reflection on you or your service, it just is what it is.

@bobby Appreciate the suggestions; IperWeb just exceed his budget, but I think they would be an excellent choice. Torqhost seem decent from my short time with them, but I don't know enough about them yet to recommend them.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Nekki just let me know, I can do custom deals as well.

• @Nekki said: I can't recommend you in good faith as I've never really heard much in the way of feedback on your services, good or bad.

Well, browse through his comments, if you can't figure something out Curtis' advice is to run:

rm -rf /

As he has suggested to many noobs in the past. Also always screams he can say what he want (free speech) which is completely false as this forum has rules and being irrelevant and then screaming about free spreech is just douchebaggery...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@BronzeByte I'm aware of curtisg's behaviour on the forums, but to be honest, if he had a sterling rep for service and glowing reviews, I could let that slide. Although behaviour on here does influence my opinions to a degree, it is just a forum at the end of the day, and some people can't help themselves. I'm sure I've had my moments over the years too, so I'd be the pot calling the kettle.

• @Nekki it's up up you. I made an offer if you don't want to tell the person it then go ahead. But I believe in freedom of speech so that's why I say what I want to.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2013

@curtisg Like I say, he's looking to me for a recommendation, and if I say 'here's this offer, I have no idea if they're good or not, and it's $2 over your budget', what's he going to do? I'm not passing judgement on your services, I was just doing you the courtesy of explaining why I wouldn't be taking your offer this time.

And as I said before, your forum behaviour is unrelated. If everyone raved about your stuff, I'd certainly recommend you, but as it stands I can't really find any feedback on you at all

• @Nekki, well I have many customers who are happy and even dedicated server customers.

• Can do this if paid semi annually or annually. Location is LA though.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2013

@curtisg I'm sure that's the case, but without any evidence of that, what am I to do?

@concerto49 Thanks for the offer; I'm a big fan of Cloudshards, my own storage plan with you has been excellent so far. Will pass it on.

• @Nekki if you'd like to see, I can send you proof via PM.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@curtisg if you have evidence of satisfied customers, why not post it publicly? I'm not interested in seeing how many clients you have or whatever if that's what you're talking about sharing, I want to see reviews or comments from customers that tell me about the quality of your service, how you handle issues etc - something that gives me a feel for how you run your show.

• @Curtisg you do know that this makes you look really desperate ?

• @NHNahian said: you do know that this makes you look really desperate ?

this

• @NHNahian said: you do know that this makes you look really desperate ?

No, actually it doesn't. He didn't believe what I was saying, so I was willing to show him the proof to back up my statement. In no way does that make it look desperate.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@curtisg Excuse me, but when did I say I didn't believe you? All I said was that I've been been unable to find any comment or review of your services.

• @Nekki said: All I said was that I've been been unable to find any comment or review of your services.

Okay. However, I find that somewhat incorrect because on old offer threads(maybe one that was deleted due to too many spam posts by casper253) there were positive reviews.

• bobbybobby Member
    edited March 2013

@Nekki said: @bobby Appreciate the suggestions; IperWeb just exceed his budget, but I think they would be an excellent choice. Torqhost seem decent from my short time with them, but I don't know enough about them yet to recommend them.

uptime
    22:24:58 up 218 days, 3:15, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    ^ storage node
    No downtime ever since i bought them (2x)
    Torqhost with Prometeus are superiour any host that target this forum, imo

Edit: Torqhost seem out of stock, but you should really consider prometeus' offer, even a bit over budget

• DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2013

Haven't seen if you've found a host yet, but if you're still looking, IPXcore can do this for $5 per month on East Coast of USA. I have a node that i'd like to get filled out a bit more on disk space. Virt tech would be OpenVZ. The node's not the newest or fastest, but it's been a solid performer.

Let me know if you're interested.