Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me test a bit please!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help me test a bit please!

titanicsaledtitanicsaled Member
edited March 2013 in General

I have been working on my open source proxy script w3Nexus quite a lot recently. And the windows VPS I recently bought from ipxcore has definitely helped me a lot in sorting out design and website display issues.

I was wondering if you could give it a quick shot to visit some sites and give me your suggestions. The link to use the most recent version of the script is dev.w3nexus.com

There main problems that I already know of are -

Lack of proper javascript
Lack of proper HTML5
Flash might be sketchy.
Websites with HTML meta redirects don't display at all (maybe someone with PHP knowledge knows how to fix this??)

Anyone interested in the script is more than welcome to have it but be warned the code could be a little untidy and uncommented at the moment.

Thanks

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Bad link. forgot the http://

• Thanks for noticing.

• Is there supposed to be no logo?

• Yep, dont have a logo yet. Having said that, I quite like just seeing the bar.

• Some info on the site so I know what to do or what your site does would help.

• Its basically an advancement of PHProxy. I will add some information to the script soon though.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited March 2013

@titanicsaled Flash won't work, however that's already listed.
    The problem with redirects i think is not DNS CNAME record redirect problem, it's HTML meta redirect problem.
    It has nothing to do with DNS.

Otherwise, so far i like the proxy.

• Thanks @Janevski

It appears that you are right about the meta redirects. I will look into this problem to see if I can find a solution.

• How far did you get with this? Was the source released???

• jimaekjimaek Member

Ajax on websites doesn't seem to work.

• There are lots of things that don't work. Unfortunately it isn't really possible for me to advance this script much more using PHP because of the likes of complex html5, javascript and ajax.

I have finished developing w3Nexus because I think it's got to a point where I'm wasting my time with it. I will release the most recent version of the source if you want it.

• NickGHNickGH Member

I would be interested in a copy as I think it can be made to work. would be a fun side project.

• NeoNeo Banned

I found it on sourceforge but youtube dosent load there, here it's loading but i can watch Videos ;D

• Here is the link to the most recent version (the one on dev.w3nexus.com) -

http://w3nexus.com/w3Nexus-03.06.2013.zip

I haven't got round to properly commenting or tidying the code so you may have some difficulties understanding what it all does. If you run into trouble then shoot me a PM and I'll do the best I can to help you.

If you make any changes please let me know and send me a copy so they can be added to the blog at w3nexus.com (with full credit of course).

Maybe the project's not as dead as I thought!

• AdducAdduc Member

Looks like external javascript files with URLs are not always being rewritten to the w3nexus domain. Google Analytics and Clicktale scripts were still firing/loading off of their domain, for example.