Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cozy Cloud beta program
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cozy Cloud beta program

FritzFritz Veteran
edited June 2016 in General

Please let me know if this has been posted.

I just received my Cozy Beta Program instance from Cozy Cloud.

Looks good so far, 60 GB space for free and 2GB Ram (hosted in OVH France I believe).
I can access SSH through web terminal, personal storage using their interface, remote download, email, calendar, etc (they call it unGoogle Your Digital Life).

According to their email, we can use the free instance up to three years.

Has anyone tried them so far?

Thanked by 1farsighter

Comments

• I signed up for one of those in 2013 I think. Still am waiting on that invite but the platform is awesome these days.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Can I selfhost this?

• @Radi said:
    Can I selfhost this?

yup. vps or dedi running debian jessie / ubuntu trusty/ arch linux and follow the instructions on cozy.io
    If you want to try it out as docker container type/copy and paste the following:
    docker run -d --name=cozy -p 80:80 -p 443:443 cozy/full

• Is it better nowadays than Yunohost?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Cozy is great. Used it on OVH VPS for a while.

• FritzFritz Veteran

Radi said: Can I selfhost this?

Yes, you can do that.

jarland said: Cozy is great. Used it on OVH VPS for a while.

HAve you tried the hosted version? any difference?

• BradBrad Member

Tried it a while back. While it was fine, it didn't suit my taste. Very easy to install.

Depending on how you plan to self-host this, there are different guides available at https://docs.cozy.io/en/host/install/

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Fritz said:

HAve you tried the hosted version? any difference?

Have not. Just used the OVH template.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I've been waiting to test this as it doesn't seem too mature, gotta find some screenshots.

• BradBrad Member

@MrGeneral said:
    I've been waiting to test this as it doesn't seem too mature, gotta find some screenshots.

They have a demo: https://demo.cozycloud.cc

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Brad said:

@MrGeneral said:

They have a demo: https://demo.cozycloud.cc

Will check, thanks!

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Yeh, I tried the Scaleway version, it never finished the install... 24hrs and nada :(

• FritzFritz Veteran

So to sum up, no one get their free instance beta program?

• hjlowhjlow Member

how is the ssh access via web on this? does it work through proxies? looking for the easiest way to ssh via web with very restrictive firewall

• StrikerrStrikerr Member
    edited June 2016

@hjlow
    Install Term from Store.
    Open https://your_login.cozycloud.cc/#apps/term/

• Free beta access landed in my Gmail last night. Gonna test this

• FritzFritz Veteran

@farsighter said:
    Free beta access landed in my Gmail last night. Gonna test this

Good for you then, enjoy their service. :)

• I'm a little bit confusing about it. I got an account days ago, and I can access the panel and it like a light-weight desktop include some apps like email or photo. I attached term so I can access the bash but without root privilege. I don't know how I can use it. Just receive some emails and upload/download some files? Can I use it as a real cloud vps?

• FritzFritz Veteran

@Greyhound said:
    I'm a little bit confusing about it. I got an account days ago, and I can access the panel and it like a light-weight desktop include some apps like email or photo. I attached term so I can access the bash but without root privilege. I don't know how I can use it. Just receive some emails and upload/download some files? Can I use it as a real cloud vps?

Yes you can, and you can use the remote storage.

• @Fritz said:

@Greyhound said:
    I'm a little bit confusing about it. I got an account days ago, and I can access the panel and it like a light-weight desktop include some apps like email or photo. I attached term so I can access the bash but without root privilege. I don't know how I can use it. Just receive some emails and upload/download some files? Can I use it as a real cloud vps?

So, how can I get the root privilege?

• creepcreep Member

@Greyhound said:

@Fritz said:

@Greyhound said:

So, how can I get the root privilege?

maybe sudo, su, or su -