Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ideas to Solve Blocked IP at Host - Host says not blocking
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ideas to Solve Blocked IP at Host - Host says not blocking

I manage my Virtualmin installations through Cloudmin. It is a nifty utility allowing you do all updates from a central location. I can't add one VPS to Cloudmin so that it can administer it. The VPS Cloudmin is installed on cannot connect to the VPS I want to administer. Both the VPS with Cloudmin, and the VPS I want to administer are provided by the same host, but are in different locations.

I've had some help troubleshooting this issue and a traceroute shows that the route dies at a router controlled by the host. I've opened a ticket with the host. The host advises that the IP with Cloudmin installed was blocked, but isn't blocked anymore. The host states that the only blocking the host uses is IP tables, and the Cloudmin IP is not blocked there. The Cloudmin IP is not blocked on the VPS that I want to administer, and the logs do not show any access attempts from the Cloudmin VPS.

I still cannot contact the VPS that I want to administer. Traceroute still dies at the router owned by the host. The host states they can't help me as they aren't blocking the IP.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I could provide to the host so that I can connect to the VPS?

Comments

• tommytommy Member

you able login to both server via ssh?
    if yes then maybe its your firewall, for testing purpose disable selinux and iptables then try again

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • Yes, I can login to both servers via ssh. I am using Centos 7. Selinux, and the firewall are disabled on both VPS.

• tommytommy Member

then test from another vps and run nmap/tcpdump.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Is the remote port used by cloudmin on the server you want to administer in listening state ? (use netstat -ano).