Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Low ping to Asia(Korea) + Anti DDoS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Low ping to Asia(Korea) + Anti DDoS

Hello looking for a vps near Asia with low ping to Korea(max 100)
(atleast)2 Gb RAM
Windows 2008
DDoS Protection

Comments

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

Max 100ms latency, it must be a neighboring country.

Just to tell you:

In Asia regions, it is almost impossible to find any reasonable cost for DDoS protection.

China - you can get DDoS protection in China at somewhat lower prices than other East Asian countries, but I can provide no recommendation for services there. Guangdong or Jiangsu Telecom (CT) usually have some kind of service available.

Korea Telecom DDoS protection - expensive when you need TCP filtering. UDP source blocking is readily available. However, it is common for major Korean ISPs to blackhole the destination IP (one receiving abnormal traffic).

Taiwan Hinet - there is protection capacity - a Chunghwa Telecom business service, but standalone traffic pricing is greater than $15/Mbps (for Hinet data-center, not leased line like FTTH, FTTB etc)

Australia ISPs use Staminus, Blacklotus or other 3rd party protection provider.

Hong Kong and Singapore - Extremely expensive, and protection services limited to PCCW, Singtel, Telstra and NTT usually.

Japan - I do not have information about mitigation in Japan, but I can expect similar pricing.

I'm sorry to say that DDOS mitigation in APAC markets is not viable.

Thanked by 1erkin
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

Getting protection in Asia is very difficult and expensive.

Unfortunately though the best ping from L.A is likely in the 130 - 150ms range (depending on level of optimization and transit).

I am aware of an enterprise offering in Korea, but as I understand it its manually activated and pretty expensive.