Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Bitcoin Node VPS/DEDI
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Bitcoin Node VPS/DEDI

I'm looking for your opinions on what provider is best to use for a bitcoin node. It needs to be reliable network and a known provider. Hopefully to top it off more a provider that is active on LET.

Offers/Suggestions?

Comments

• What is the specifications and location you are looking for ?

Thanked by 1socials
  • Domin43Domin43 Member
    edited June 2016

Minimum Requirement:
    https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node#minimum-requirements
    Location Requirement: Doesn't matter
    The storage needs to be at least 100GB

• rokokrokok Member

He looking for bitcoin node, not provider who accept bitcoin :)

Thanked by 3MrRapidHost Nyr bersy
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2016

@rokok said:

He looking for bitcoin node, not provider who accept bitcoin :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2016

I think you're missing the point. Here's an article about Bitcoin Nodes: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-nodes-need/

However as a side note personally I'm unconvinced by the arguments to run one, if they need nodes, they could have very easily provided a monetary incentive to run one. This is not Tor, this is not a volunteer effort to support freedom/etc, this is simply you paying out of your pocket to process transactions for someone else's financial gain.

• lootloot Member

Unless you have a stake in the coins too.... I assume whoever's running a node would definitely be in it for that, either that or research since it produces huge amounts of data and can be scaled easily which is quite valuable. Surely nobody runs one for shits and giggles, right?

• 127001127001 Member

You need something like this if you're going to accept bitcoin payments or donations and don't want to use a service for that, like bitpay.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

rm_ said: However as a side note personally I'm unconvinced by the arguments to run one, if they need nodes, they could have very easily provided a monetary incentive to run one. This is not Tor, this is not a volunteer effort to support freedom/etc, this is simply you paying out of your pocket to process transactions for someone else's financial gain.

Indeed, there could be small fees for nodes like there are for miners but no one seems interested in that, so whatever.

• fyi these tend to be DDOS magnets these days since the whole bitcoin community is waging a jihad over whether transaction blocks should be 1 or 2 megabytes.

they actually send each other death threats over this difference too

• @texteditor said:
    fyi these tend to be DDOS magnets these days since the whole bitcoin community is waging a jihad over whether transaction blocks should be 1 or 2 megabytes.

they actually send each other death threats over this difference too

Yes that is a serious situation I believe it should be doubled or removed altogether. Whoever says it should stay should expect the ddos and death threats.

• If you have run Bitcoin node, try to run another cryptocurrency with PoS ( Proof of stake), that will give you some amount of coin while keeping your wallet running.

For example, Clamcoin, DigiCube, Rubies, etc

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    If you have run Bitcoin node, try to run another cryptocurrency with PoS ( Proof of stake), that will give you some amount of coin while keeping your wallet running.

For example, Clamcoin, DigiCube, Rubies, etc

I don't need incentive to run the bitcoin nodes because I earn money as part of a bigger picture which requires it.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • DerekDerek Member
    edited June 2016

Domin43 said: I'm looking for your opinions on what provider is best to use for a bitcoin node. It needs to be reliable network and a known provider. Hopefully to top it off more a provider that is active on LET.

Offers/Suggestions?

The only host I've used to run a Bitcoin Node and they didn't mind was BuyVM.

Make sure you talk to @Francisco first/open a support ticket due to their abuse scripts killing bitcoind.

Their high ram KVM/E3 offers: https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=37

You may also wish to set dbcache to 512 or higher to help with disk usage.

Edit: You can also goto https://bitnodes.21.co/nodes/?q=United%20States, search by Networks and click on More to view several other providers running nodes.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Domin43,

Interested in HK location? We (www.hosthongkong.net) can offer Cloud (power by Virtuozzo) servers on DDoS protected network. You haven't specified your desired specs but based on the minimum requirements shown https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node#minimum-requirements, and 100GB traffic, we could do the following.

CPU Cores: 2
    RAM: 2GB
    Disk: 100GB (Cloud Storage - SSD Cached)
    IPs: 1

Monthly Fee: $57.89

We can offer this with DDoS protection and 500GB traffic /month (the website estimates 200GB /month, so 500GB should be ample). Server is DDoS gaurd protected, and should be able to handle attacks well in excess of 100Gbit.

The offer is for a VM (not container). The cloud is configured with High Availability in mind and 10Gbit storage network. All nodes are running Xeon E5 CPUs and loaded with 128GB (or more) DDR3 ECC Registered RAM.

Thanked by 1Domin43

Oh, and you can pay with BTC!

• what a bargain

@texteditor said:
    what a bargain

Aint it? :)