Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rdp or vps windows for streaming
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rdp or vps windows for streaming

I am looking for rdp for make a live stream from some channels and I have found that it should include graphic card
any help please ?

Comments

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Purchase dedicated server instead of streaming on VPS because of most of provider have a limitation on bandwidth usage.

If you cross some hidden usage speed like 4Mbps, 10Mbps per hour then they can suspend your VPS and your business will be at a risk.

Thanked by 1medomazenger
  • zezezeze Member

Quite impossible with a VM. (at least in my experience).
    What I did was I got a hosted Mac Mini and run OBS from there to stream to youtube & twitch. I've been running that setup for almost a year.

Ofcourse you can get a cheaper server and put windows on it. But I had difficulties searching for a provider that has at least an on-board graphics chip (that can run OBS) on their offers.

Thanked by 1medomazenger
  • dailydaily Member
    edited June 2016

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Purchase dedicated server instead of streaming on VPS because of most of provider have a limitation on bandwidth usage.

If you cross some hidden usage speed like 4Mbps, 10Mbps per hour then they can suspend your VPS and your business will be at a risk.

A dedicated server won't fix that issue.. A dedicated server is dedicated hardware resources, not network.. (typically)

Thanked by 1medomazenger
  • RodneyRodney Member
    edited June 2016

medomazenger said: make a live stream from some channels

What do you mean by that? If you don't really need any of the advanced production features something like i.e. obs offers you can also use ffmpeg on linux.

Otherwise if you need a GPU my post in my thread has a collection of several servers/providers that would allow streaming.

Thanked by 1medomazenger
  • ewwinkewwink Member

no need gpu if it only one channel, use ffmpeg for encoding then push it streaming to server

Thanked by 1medomazenger
  • Guys the problem is the image isn't stable
    Just like when you play video on ordinary rdp
    Is GPU solve it ??

• rokokrokok Member
    edited June 2016

You need dedicated server with high-end specs + graphic card to able stream properly on Windows server. And that will cost $$$

Btw, why on earth you want to broadcast live stream from RDP? Is it euro 2016 streaming ?

• @rokok said:
    You need dedicated server with high-end specs + graphic card to able stream properly on Windows server. And that will cost $$$

Btw, why on earth you want to broadcast live stream from RDP? Is it euro 2016 streaming ?

No, it's an IPTV server project

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@DewlanceVPS said:

Why are you tying to upsell such a simple solution, if a provide rate limits you at 10Mbps per hour then they must be a pretty shit provider. Most providers will easily let you use 100-500mbps in bursts without any problems. If you're constantly steaming one thing then I double it would be over 10Mbps and get rate limited.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD