Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a Dedicated in India, any providers ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a Dedicated in India, any providers ?

Need a dedicated server in India, for an educational project. This will be for a webapp with live streaming facility for around 100 simultaneous users. So what specs are we looking for ? Any recommended providers ?

Thanked by 1Mridul

Comments

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

What are you using for live streaming? Wowza? What bitrate are you streaming at?

• @leapswitch said:
    What are you using for live streaming? Wowza? What bitrate are you streaming at?

That I will need to ask the developer. What are your recommendations ? Whats the minimum bitrate required for HD stream ?

We have a good experience with Wowza. I would not recommend HD streaming in India as end users don't have sufficient bandwidth to view it. You can look at Wowza transcoding to adjust bitrate as per user.

Quality Resolution Video Bitrate
    Med 640x360 800 - 1200 kbps
    High 960x540 800 - 1500 kbps
    HD 720 1280x720 1,200 - 4,000 kbps
    HD 1080 1920x1080 4,000-8,000 kbps

• @leapswitch is an established provider here. I would also suggest you to look at DigitalOcean's Indian location, unlike others they offer cloud servers at the same price as they do for other locations-it may be worth a shot.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • Avoid CYFuture/Go4.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • MridulMridul Member

you can go for :

ctrls (http://www.ctrls.in )

xinix (http://www.xinix.in )

leapswitch ( www.leapswitch.com

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • @click4easy said:
    @leapswitch is an established provider here. I would also suggest you to look at DigitalOcean's Indian location, unlike others they offer cloud servers at the same price as they do for other locations-it may be worth a shot.

If OP decides to test DO for this , kindly post a review of performance for this application . :)

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @quadhost said:
    Avoid CYFuture/Go4.

Any particular reason or experience ?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@vimalware Not streaming, but I've had DigitalOceans BLR since launch. Its pretty good given the location, stability wise a little bit less stable than the other locations (a few connection resets etc). Similar to SGP when DigitalOcean first launched it.

Certainly one of the best Indian locations Ive seen (I have tested a few for this application in the past), most were too unstable (net).

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2016

Leapswitch is much better than Digital Ocean, I recommended LS instead of DO. Keep away from foreigners company because they hire untrained staff whose technical knowledge about server is ZERO.

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    Leapswitch is much better than Digital Ocean, I recommended LS instead of DO. Keep away from foreigners company because they hire untrained staff whose technical knowledge about server is ZERO.

Are you sure you know what you're talking bout? @jarland

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2016

@DewlanceVPS said:

I would like a fair chance to dispute the claim that DigitalOcean hires untrained support staff with no knowledge of servers. Care to give me the opportunity?

Kind Regards,

Jarland Donnell

Platform Support Lead

DigitalOcean

• @DewlanceVPS said:

Talking about yourself?

P.S: We still find you a joke.

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK tux
  • My experience says that DO is way better than leapswitch in terms of tech support :) DO with untrained staff.ooooo...

Thanked by 1jar
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Ill second that. DigitalOcean may have its quirks, but its staff have always seemed well trained.

I once had an issue with noisy neighbours (back when DO was very new). Support got back to me with an answer and a "PS: i love zabbix :-)". I approve.

Thanked by 1jar

@Jovanfever said:
    My experience says that DO is way better than leapswitch in terms of tech support :) DO with untrained staff.ooooo...

Have you used our service?

• @leapswitch: I have had a chat related to a purchase and as well as email conversations too. After the chat, I decided not to proceed. Its happened in Jun 2015, but I still remember that.

@Jovanfever said:
    @leapswitch: I have had a chat related to a purchase and as well as email conversations too. After the chat, I decided not to proceed. Its happened in Jun 2015, but I still remember that.

So you had a chat and email conversation with pre-sales (neither offered by DO), and you are comparing tech support based on a pre-sales chat. I don't know what to say..

Thanked by 2vimalware switsys
  • i really want @leapswitch service in india but they must offer identify, which makes troubles.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2016

@leapswitch said:
    chat and email conversation with pre-sales (neither offered by DO),

Correct on chat, incorrect on email. We do have a sales team and we're happy to take questions from anyone, customer or not. However, I'm happy to chat with anyone here outside of official channels as well.

I've nothing bad to say about leapswitch.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • @leapswitch. Exactly, the sales chat was later joined by tech guy since sales wasn't capable to answer my tech questions. I still have the tech guy's email with me. As I said, they weren't able to answer my queries. Someone else might have got better experience. I was just sharing mine.:) They also didn't know what to say! that was the problem basically.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • And you work for rackbank.com, is that right?

• @Amitz said:

Seems that way

• @onliveserver said:
    Hello,

We have good Indian Dedication Server with high Bandwidth and 24x7 tech support..

Fuck. Off.

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • Be very careful about onliveserver. They got banned here before for having nulled whmcs and the owner seems to run some email-marketing websites as well. A reverse-whois search on the email in his onliveserver domain reveals a lot of shady sites.

Now they seem to try to ban evade.

• If OP can also give an idea about the spec he finally decides, that will be of great help. I am looking at a similar requirement for both India and UK.