Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who would you use as a second uptime provider after statuscake.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who would you use as a second uptime provider after statuscake.com

We are using status cake for all our primary monitoring and I cannot fault them but I also believe you always need a secondary option. So if you were not using statuscake who would you use?

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

Nixstats

Uptimerobot

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • I'm currently using statuscake and nixstats. Used to use uptimerobot, but moved away because of so many false positives, and it doesn't email me when the server is actually down.

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

Why would you use statuscake? Tons of false-positives,

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • AmitzAmitz Member

I will never understand those bad UptimeRobot opinions. I use their (paid) service for more than one year now with at least 15 servers and NEVER received a false positive and EVERY downtime has been catched "instantly" (1 min. checks). So I have nothing but good things to say about them.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@tr1cky said:

I've been using their free (5 min check) monitoring for a bit over a month now I think and haven't had any false positives yet, but I do all TCP monitoring and nothing else with them.

• In defense of statuscake we never had a false positive, its a really good service and I will continue to use them as our main site monitoring. I am currently playing with updown.io and that seems equally as awesome but lacking some features but was looking at other options.

• i use pingdome, looks like it properly alters downtime.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@EVM_Mike said:

@tr1cky said:

I've been using their free (5 min check) monitoring for a bit over a month now I think and haven't had any false positives yet, but I do all TCP monitoring and nothing else with them.

Okay, if you like them so much, here's an offer from me: I'll sell you a lifetime business account from them for 100$.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2016

@tr1cky said:

@EVM_Mike said:

@tr1cky said:

Okay, if you like them so much, here's an offer from me: I'll sell you a lifetime business account from them for 100$.

Not sure why you're mad, I'm simply telling that I haven't had any problems with false positives. I could care less about their service, I just use it for the public status page. I rely on my own hosted monitoring systems. If I had a use for them other than public page, I'd buy it retail price.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Nodeping

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • sinsin Member

NewRelic, UptimeDoctor, and NixStats all offer free 1-minute intervals and have been solid for me.

• UptimeRobot Premium plus API and rocks :)

• @Amitz said:
    I will never understand those bad UptimeRobot opinions. I use their (paid) service for more than one year now with at least 15 servers and NEVER received a false positive and EVERY downtime has been catched "instantly" (1 min. checks). So I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Maybe because I didn't give them a penny, so they intentionally make me physically check my server.

• pailypaily Member

Never had false-positives and/or problems with Nodeping and Uptimerobot.

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • In reality.

Services will have different results due to different connections and routes to the individual server.

I see some here getting angry and nearly personally attacking them.

Realize this. One person's experiences regardless of amount of servers will not equal another's due to so many factors.

• We use our own monitoring system and as a second one http://host-tracker.com

• nixstats, Uptime Robot, Uptime Doctor, Pingdom are fine and reliable

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • @tr1cky said:

@EVM_Mike said:

@tr1cky said:

is it transferable?

• Amitz said: I will never understand those bad UptimeRobot opinions.

Same. Never had issues and there's a C# API for batch updates programmatically.

I used StatusCake after I found a little promo exploit (they weren't checking the promo codes server side) that allowed me to get legacy pricing, but canceled due to all the times being wrong (it's like they were faking downtime, hours after they occurred).

• KrisKris Member

Nixstats + Bearmon FTW.

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • CasterCaster Member

i use uptimerobot and nixstats, both of them are best in class.

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited June 2016

I haven't been bothered to move out of @onepound 's bundled 10 checks free tier, because I don't have a ton of important hosts.

edit: and also Stuart goes full commando-mode on any reported issues. Customer support ++.

It's stable, with 1min intervals, and nowhere near as temperamental as my statuscake free tier experience.

Thanked by 1onepound
  • FuslFusl Member

@Awmusic12635 said:
    Nodeping

Yep, definitely Nodeping.

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • @vimalware said:
    edit: and also Stuart goes full commando-mode on any reported issues. Customer support ++.

Haha, yep guilty of that. Can't rest until any issue is resolved!

• https://hetrixtools.com/

they are great

but.. their prices are veeery hiigh

@HBAndrei any let offer :p?

Thanked by 1HBAndrei
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@NodePing ! Love them.

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

@ZweiTiger said:
    https://hetrixtools.com/

they are great

but.. their prices are veeery hiigh

@HBAndrei any let offer :p?

Thanks for the mention :D
    Didn't really have a LET specific offer, but here is something, 30% off first month, code: 30offLET

Really glad you're enjoying the platform.
    Cheers!