Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Support Website of theukcloud.com Down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Support Website of theukcloud.com Down

roroqiuroroqiu Member
edited December 2011 in Reviews

I need to submit a support ticket to theukcloud.com and found "Website Offline, No Cached Version Available" page. Does anyone know what happened?

Comments

• NickMNickM Member
    edited December 2011

Sounds like they're behind Cloudflare and their webserver is down (or cloudfare is acting up, as it's prone to do). Wait a while and see if it comes back up, I guess.

Edit: Okay so I actually went to the URL. Looks like its up here. Try clearing your browser cache.

• Working fine from here.

• @NickM said: Try clearing your browser cache.

It's ok now. Thanks!

• jhjh Member

Interestingly, our monitoring didn't reveal anything. Either way, glad it's back up now :)

• I thought they clouds are always ment to be up,

Thanked by 2DanielM tux
  • jhjh Member

@Daniel - Our billing system is hosted on 2 dedicated servers, not the cloud.

• @jtodd But the "cloud" runs on Dedicated Servers, not water vapour

Thanked by 2DanielM Infinity
  • jhjh Member

Tis true

• Got a monitoring service pointed at it?

I know when we discuss monitoring over in my neck of the wood, i always suggest pointing at a page within the site. That way whatever you're using for software actually has to respond and create output as a response. Many web software usually cache the front page since that's usually the most viewed age on a site.

• jhjh Member

I'll double check the monitoring, but I'm still not sure what happened earlier this morning. I have a feeling it might be something to do with Cloudflare as the server seems fine.

• yeh its cloudflare, i get the same problem on a few of my sites now and then..

• @DanielM said: yeh its cloudflare, i get the same problem on a few of my sites now and then..

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having the service?

• @drmike said: Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having the service?

No, cloudflare isnt just a proxy it protects your emails listed on you're site too.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited December 2011

@DanielM said: No, cloudflare isnt just a proxy it protects your emails listed on you're site too.

That's cool. Protects your emails as well.

On your site.

Yup, your wonderful site.

The site that's online.

That's up and running.

Hmmmm.....

Um, question.

Isn't the site, oh I don't know, um DOWN?

Off to bellringing :)

• jhjh Member

There are a lot of advantages to using Cloudflare on an ecommerce site, especially Cloudflare Pro. Check out the website.

Also I'm not 100% convinced there even was a CF issue this morning as when the OP cleared their cache, it worked. Either way, I'll set the monitoring to HTTP (something I should have done originally anyway!) and see how that goes.

James

• It just took 2 minutes to open manage.theukcloud.com (My Account link) from www.theukcloud.com homepage. Any following clicks on the link go fast (for some minutes). Looks like typical annoying cloudflare behavior, as I have experienced similar behavior on other sites that used cloudflare.

• Yes its the damn cloudflare javascript/ajax.

• jhjh Member
    edited December 2011

It works fine for me but I don't want people to have issues submitting tickets, so I've disabled CF on manage.theukcloud.com.

Thanked by 1japon