Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combozo.com - Careful
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Combozo.com - Careful

Hello everyone.
I'm renting LET/LEB VPSs more than 5 years and first time i feel like "I have to inform people about a company!". I'm still using some companies which has lot of compliants about service quality (for example 123servers) but first time i see something unethical like that.

Bought a 4GB RAM VPS at 03/05/2016. I bought it to create a Bitcoin / Altcoin pool which is a low resource using service but only RAM. So i thought that i need more RAM and made a deal with Combozo to make it 8G at 11/05/2016. You can see invoices.

Once it's upgraded, i've completed my server and take to prod. It was fine till May 26. Network stopped and then turned back alive after 8 hours. Once this was happening, i found them on Skype and could reach. The support was helpful but lack of English. I didn't mind it too much because he was kind anyway.

Then the show began...

• Server suspended at May 30. I've written from Skype and support staff answered me and got my server online after 3 hours. I've wanted a reason "why". No answer.

• Then server suspended after 16 hours again! Support staff said that it's because of DDOS, or maybe it's not because of DDOS :-S... he wanted to sell me a DDOS pack. I did not accept it because these actions made me suspected... First time one of my server suspended as a DDOS attacker. Anyway i've double checked everything and after install a DDOS protection, everything seem OK.

• Finally, the disaster... My server suspended again suddenly. The terrible thing is i was on a long way and i've made lot of modifications on the road... that's why could not find a time to take a backup... So this is the 5th day i'm trying to reach them, no one cares. NO ONE! Actually i won't use their service ever again, i just need my server online for couple hours to take a full backup. I've updated the ticket on website "#815818" and try to reach them over Skype again... Here is what happened:

So this is the situation now... They advertise as 7/24 support and this is the worst support i've ever seen... and also i really can't believe that my server DDOSing... i've 45+ VPSs, non of them has ever been suspended because of DDOS, only BW exceed...

So i don't want to say them as a SCAM, but would you tell me what it looks like? I still have some hope to take my server online and my latest backup. Then i'm going to change the provider ASAP...

Believe me, all other providers are better then combozo now... such a shame!

Comments

• The guy doesn't seem technically/mentally able to run a VPS business, IMO. It would be pretty reasonable to seek a refund and if not, charge back.

Thanked by 2netomx ATHK
  • @ricardo said:
    The guy doesn't seem technically/mentally able to run a VPS business, IMO. It would be pretty reasonable to seek a refund and if not, charge back.

Ahhh ricardo, i made payment with Bitcoin :( and actually i don't care about money anymore... i just want my system with latest modification... 4 hours of job died within this machine... First time i worked without a backup and look what the heck happened...

• edited June 2016

Hey, if you have seen their offer threads, a few members have commented before. They changed their username to @StackVPS as an attempt to trick more less careful people.

Price is unsustainable. Unprofessional customer support replies. Mmmm.

There are also threads regarding them. Next time, do your research - LowEndTalk usually would have mentions of whatever you're gonna buy from.

Good luck getting your money back, maybe a chargeback?

EDIT: You used BitCoin :(

These people (I won't shout "scammers" yet) should be banned on LET though, imo.

Thanked by 2zafouhar netomx
  • Ah I thought you'd said bitcoin but then noticed the $ invoices. IMO you'd be wasting your time trying to salvage anything from them. Time suck.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2016

Keep these stories coming. I feel like we're nearing ban justification for them. I don't ban crappy providers, but scammers I do. Enough stories of not providing service paid for and a ban is surely warranted.

• @theroyalstudent said:
    Hey, if you have seen their offer threads, a few members have commented before. They changed their username to @StackVPS as an attempt to trick more less careful people.

Price is unsustainable. Unprofessional customer support replies. Mmmm.

There are also threads regarding them. Next time, do your research - LowEndTalk usually would have mentions of whatever you're gonna buy from.

Good luck getting your money back, maybe a chargeback?

EDIT: You used BitCoin :(

These people (I won't shout "scammers" yet) should be banned on LET though, imo.

For example, most of people have worse review for 123servers but actually they are good if you know how to communicate...

Once i bought the machine; there were not too much complains and actually my machine's performance was good... that made me upgrade the service.

I really don't care about money anymore... I just want my data back.

• @jarland said:
    Keep these stories coming

Is there not enough of these? Now I'm thinking of buying from them... for the wrong reason, for once.

• FalzoFalzo Member

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/74414/combozo-review-possible-scam

for those who forgot about...

be aware probably he will tell you that you were using 20 vCores while only have ordered 2 or something like that again. on crappy oversold node you are not welcome if you intend to use your VPS at least a bit above idling.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@theroyalstudent said:

@jarland said:
    Keep these stories coming

Is there not enough of these? Now I'm thinking of buying from them... for the wrong reason, for once.

It's a tough balance, there's no right number. It's that point where I feel like it's reasonable to say that the host is taking orders with no intent on providing service.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • Ok, he can tell me i've used 20 vcore... LOL...
    I don't want their services; i won't use even it's free... because i don't have any trust anymore...

I just want this hacking machine get online for couple hours... that's it.

• ehabehab Member

this is @nekki 's favourite host

coolindark , i hope you get your data back and some sort service if not partial money.

Thanked by 2coolindark netomx
  • coolindarkcoolindark Member
    edited June 2016

Woah... LET worked... now combozo communicated with me.
    My server is online. Now it's time to recover my data!

Thanked by 2zafouhar netomx
  • XenosXenos Member

@coolindark said:
    Woah... LET worked... now combozo communicated with me.
    My server is online. Now it's time to recover my data!

Get it all ASAP

• They are insisting about DDOS... Huh... If really someone hacked my server; they really need to check their server security... i still don't believe it's related with me.

• ehabehab Member
    edited June 2016

@coolindark maybe now just get your data and relax.

• @ehab said:

Yeah, downloading like hell :D

• @coolindark said:

@ehab said:

Yeah, downloading like hell :D

Get your data out and move to a real host.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: I feel like we're nearing ban justification for them.

Or just removing the provider tag...

Thanked by 3jar ATHK netomx
  • @raindog308 said:

+1

• RizRiz Member

@zafouhar said:

@raindog308 said:

+1

+1

• kkrajkkkrajk Member

jarland said: It's that point where I feel like it's reasonable

feel now. feel right

• @Riz said:

@zafouhar said:

@raindog308 said:

+1

+1

+111111111111111¹11

• Lol that support is just 10/10. Who runs this company? Looks like a 12 year old or something

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @theroyalstudent said:

@Riz said:

@zafouhar said:

@raindog308 said:

+1

+1

+111111111111111¹11

I think this could become a voting from LET members whether a specific member should be removed from the providers group.

• @stackvps is really &$*......

Wish you have a good result.

• Well, here is the latest state now. I'm done with them...

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • Isn't that what they said before? A ddos coming from a customer's container?

DDoS, the BozoExcuse.

• @coolindark said:
    Well, here is the latest state now. I'm done with them...

To be honest you don't need to state that to him. Simply get you stuff and ask for a refund. It's not worth the time to complain to him even.

By the way, if you are losing $100 for couple days downtime, you should find at least a poor quality provider, not a sc*m quality one.

• @msg7086 said:

@coolindark said:
    Well, here is the latest state now. I'm done with them...

To be honest you don't need to state that to him. Simply get you stuff and ask for a refund. It's not worth the time to complain to him even.

By the way, if you are losing $100 for couple days downtime, you should find at least a poor quality provider, not a sc*m quality one.

honestly i wasn't sure that my project grows that fast. That's why i've bought a cheap one. But that was a nice lesson for me.