Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StormVZ > 3G RAM ~ 75GB Disk ~ 1TB Gbit Bandwidth $7 > Netherlands / US > 4 Locations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StormVZ > 3G RAM ~ 75GB Disk ~ 1TB Gbit Bandwidth $7 > Netherlands / US > 4 Locations

PatrickPatrick Member
edited March 2013 in Offers

StormVZ owned and operated by Web Phase Limited (Registered in England & Wales), as a hosting provider we are very well aware of how important websites are to businesses and is more aware that the value and functionality of the website also depends on the performance of its web host.

Below promotions are for life and recurring, pay monthly or annually!

LEB FEB 3072NL
4 Shared Cores
75GB Raid 10 DiskSpace
3072MB RAM
1TB Bandwidth - 1Gbps
1 IPv4 Address
1 IPv6 Address
£4.40 ($6.94)/Month – Order Link

LEB FEB 3072US
4 Shared Cores
75GB Raid 10 Diskspace
3072MB RAM
1TB Bandwidth - 1Gbps
1 IPv4 Address
£4.40 ($6.94)/Month – Order Link

If you have any specific locations you'd like to see please let me know. (Except UK)

Alblasserdam, Netherlands
Test IPv4: 176.56.233.2

Buffalo, New York
Test IPv4: 192.210.146.242

Chicago, Illinois
Test IPv4: 192.210.231.99

Comments

• AsimAsim Member
    edited March 2013

@Patrick not really impressed with the recent DDoS and outages. I have two yearly s one in UK and one in US. UK one was moved to NL after the recent horrible DDoS (http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/8333/ddos-uk-stormvz/)

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@Asim said: @Patrick not really impressed with the recent DDoS and outages. I have two yearly s one in UK and one in US

Was there really any point of posting this? We've done everything we could and kept clients up to date. Either we shut down EU completely and clients got nothing or we moved to a suitable location and clients get to keep there services.

• AsimAsim Member
    edited March 2013

@Patrick said: Was there really any point of posting this?

Firstly, I was not expecting an offer so soon. You should have taken time to secure/plan against any such issues in future.

Secondly, you moved from UK to NL which is not so good for my location ping-wise. I bought a UK VPS not an EU VPS which has hop-ed from one country to another. So you can understand that im not too happy about the move but there is nothing I can do sigh

Thirdly, I bought services from StormVZ but was getting emails from WebPhase which I understand is the parent company but I had to take a pause for 1sec every-time to understand its for the "services I have with StormVZ" which is kind of annoying.

Fourthly, I am not in the money back period ... which is understandable but still requesting everyone to create tickets to claim-SLA, which may be standard, but since you know 100% that all UK customers were effected, you should have added the 50% credit to their accounts without having them to claim it which adds to the annoyance

We are giving 50% credit of 1 month per VPS to all clients in which they can use 
    this to purchase new services or pay for your next invoice.

Please submit ticket to billing to get this added: http://webphase.net
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@Asim said: Firstly, I was not expecting an offer so soon. You should have taken time to secure/plan against any such issues in future.

All clients were transferred and services are stable so why not?

@Asim said: Secondly, you moved from UK to NL which is not so good for my location ping-wise. I bought a UK VPS not an EU VPS which has hop-ed from one country to another. So you can understand that im not too happy about the move but there is nothing I can do sigh

We could have either a) shut down UK as a whole or b) move to the next best available to us that is still viable as a business. If there was a viable option in UK still I'm pretty sure we would have chosen it.

@Asim said: Thirdly, I bought services from StormVZ but was getting emails from WebPhase which I understand is the parent company but I had to take a pause for 1sec every-time to understand its for the "services I have with StormVZ" which is kind of annoying.

Web Phase is our billing area and has been for a couple of months now, it is the main company which runs StormVZ.

@Asim said: Fourthly, I am not in the money back period ... which is understandable but still requesting everyone to create tickets to claim-SLA, which may be standard, but since you know 100% that all UK customers were effected, you should have added the 50% credit to their accounts without having them to claim it which adds to the annoyance

We did not have to provide it. We don't have an SLA, it was a friendly gesture. There is no way we were going to go through hundreds of account manually adding credits. Some customers understood the situation and wished us luck and didn't even request credit.

Once again I don't see how this couldn't be resolved over PM, just the usual LET I guess.

• AsimAsim Member

@Patrick said: Some customers understood the situation and wished us luck and didn't even request credit.

Did I? so in a sense I also wished best for you but at the same time stopped using the VPS that I had

@Patrick said: Once again I don't see how this couldn't be resolved over PM, just the usual LET I guess.

Yes, the message was pasted here to let all other fellow LETians know about my experience with you. Its not WHT and people here are more of a community. I understand that I may have hurt your feelings or your brand name by posting here in public but it was due

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@Asim said: Yes, the message was pasted here to let all other fellow LETians know about my experience with you. Its not WHT and people here are more of a community. I understand that I may have hurt your feelings or your brand name by posting here in public but it was due

You posted the situation regarding the DDoS. There is a thread already for that, not the service you had prior to what happened.

Anyways, a lot of orders are coming through regardless of the NL location and we're only growing. If a few leave it's understandable, not forcing anyone to be tied in a contract.

My feeling are never hurt, for the reason above :)

• AsimAsim Member

@Patrick said: You posted the situation regarding the DDoS. There is a thread already for that

I must have missed that, will search for it now

@Patrick said: Anyways, a lot of orders are coming through regardless of the NL location and we're only growing.

Good for you :)

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@Asim said: I must have missed that, will search for it now

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/8333/ddos-uk-stormvz/p1

Feel free to read and learn, the size of attacks were not small. We were pretty open and kept clients updated. Majority of the customers understood the situation but it does appear the clients who paid the least are upset the most.

The irony.

However those who submitted ticket, requested refund and didn't go the extra mile and acted civil during the whole situation received a full refund or a pro-rata refund for the time not used.

• AsimAsim Member

@Patrick said: but it does appear the clients who paid the least are upset the most.

Wow!!! did I asked for that low price? Did I get a personalized package? I did pay the list price advertised. So from Feb 25 until Mar 02, there was DDoS and I did not created a single ticket because you were constantly updating us. Now you say that I was un-civilized? If there is something please post openly in this thread so that its available for everyone else to know if I was wrong

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@Asim said: Wow!!! did I asked for that low price? Did I get a personalized package? I did pay the list price advertised. So from Feb 25 until Mar 02, there was DDoS and I did not created a single ticket because you were constantly updating us. Now you say that I was un-civilized? If there is something please post openly in this thread so that its available for everyone else to know if I was wrong

This is open, the post you made was not required.

You forgot to the include a review of the last 3-4 months rather then just the last week. It is understandable if you complained here if were still providing UK services and you were moved off to NL but no. There are several dozen customers from here who don't go posting around things un required.

If you were going to review our services honestly then you would have posted feedback on your full time. The thread on here already covers the DDoS situation and isn't very hard to pick up after a quick search on here or WHT.

@Asim said: @Patrick not really impressed with the recent DDoS and outages. I have two yearly s one in UK and one in US

Was a pretty general statement, US has not been down since we started so potential customers may think both had issues.

• AsimAsim Member
    edited March 2013

@Patrick said: This is open, the post you made was not required.

You did not answer my question, did I requested a personalized low package? If not then why bringing in the "clients who paid the least..."

@Patrick said: There are several dozen customers from here who don't go posting around things un required.

@Patrick said: If you were going to review our services honestly then you would have posted feedback on your full time.

haha, so these messages that I posted above are unrequired? and I should have posted a "good" feedback/review before complaining about the recent situation which I observed silently to see where things will settle down?

Patrick, I have seen you flaming in twitter and even in the thread you posted here. I think you need a cooling off time. I AM your active customer, I am not your competitor or the guy who wants to kill your business.

@Patrick said: Was a pretty general statement, US has not been down since we started so potential customers may think both had issues.

I have edited it above to explain it

• @Asim said: haha, so these messages that I posted above are unrequired? and I should have posted a "good" feedback/review before complaining about the recent situation which I observed silently to see where things will settle down?

It was one sided and not fair. How about the good and bad? That's how reviews usually go, if there was anything good of course.

@Asim said: Patrick, I have seen you flaming in twitter and even in the thread you posted here.

What? Not been using twitter a lot but only for blog posts and tweets from customers

• LAKidLAKid Member

@Asim @Patrick Cool off, get some sleep...

• LeeLee Veteran

@patrick - It's better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

• AsimAsim Member

@Patrick said: What? Not been using twitter a lot

Its a old thread (

) some guy who registered and had the billing address in the same building as you are and you deleted his order after refunding him or something like that. I had a discussion with him after that and the companyID he presented was verifyable from CompanyHouse with his name in the DirectorsList

@LAKid said: @Asim @Patrick Cool off, get some sleep...

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@Asim said: ts a old thread (

) some guy who registered and had the billing address in the same building as you are and you deleted his order after refunding him or something like that. I had a discussion with him after that and the companyID he presented was verifyable from CompanyHouse with his name in the DirectorsList

Read the last tweet, he registered under someone else's name which is identity theft technically. I'm sure he would have tweeted back to us, if it was correct on both sides there would have been no issues.

• @Patrick With all due respect, your UK customers have been bounced around a bit in the last 3-4 months. We were moved between servers, and assigned different ipv4s. At one point, we were told that a move was imminent, then it didn't happen. Then it did. Its hard to plan when that stuff goes on. Now, I'll give you credit that communication in these instances was regular, so that was helpful. Additionally, our data was supposedly spared with each bounce, but I had to rebuild from scratch after each relocation. Then we were hit with the DDOS (which I understand was out of StormVZ' control and I sympathize), but it has left a bad taste in my mouth when put in context of the earlier bouncing around. I'm still waiting to see if the geolocation of the NL ip addresses will suffice for my needs. If not, then my annual VPS is now useless to me. It was difficult to keep up before with the IP changes (particularly with the announced move, then the canceled move that eventually did happen), but the geo relocation may be the final nail in the coffin for me.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@tritium_h3 said: I'm still waiting to see if the geolocation of the NL ip addresses will suffice for my needs.

If it doesn't you can email me for a refund but it may take a while for it to update, databases like IP2location update once a month (at the start). MaxMind will update tomorrow.

You can search your IP to see it is technically set as UK:
    https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/geolocation-finder.html

• @Patrick That's fair. If I find that the geo-location doesn't work, then I will take you up on that offer. For the record, I'm not one of the people railing on you guys about it. I just saw an implicit call for the record in this thread, so I shared my experience.

I will underscore for future customers that StormVZ is very open and regular with communication. Some of the business decisions made in the UK location over the past few months (outside of the DDOS recovery) have seemed a little "spontaneous" but Patrick has been communicating each move with at least a few days notice every time. That's a big positive.

• This is .32 right?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Tearing it up @Patrick. I only hear great things. Except of course about the DDOS but I feel like you gave that 110% and did what you had to do. I would bet that @Asim would be surprised if he emailed and asked for a refund over an unforeseen set of circumstances, no offense meant to him.

Keep on doing what you do!

• nice offer!

• @Asim said: Yes, the message was pasted here to let all other fellow LETians know about my experience with you. Its not WHT and people here are more of a community. I understand that I may have hurt your feelings or your brand name by posting here in public but it was due

I'm sorry, but it was an unnecessary and uncalled-for post. You've gotta give @Patrick credit for the way he handled the situation and the only reason I could think of you posted, was to provoke and/or draw negative attention here. Let me just say this: of all the people here, I would have never thought you would have written such a post.

• StormVZ is one of best provider... i have hosting acc +small LEB with them

• @zareef4u said: StormVZ is one of best provider... i have hosting acc +small LEB with them

Great to hear :)

• AsimAsim Member

@mpkossen said: Let me just say this: of all the people here, I would have never thought you would have written such a post.

Sorry to disappoint you. I wish I was less annoyed by the DDoS, DC move and being insulted by @Patrick when he mentioned "... but it does appear the clients who paid the least are upset the most."

I wish I could eat up all that and still say "Yeah Patrick, wonderful job .. I appreciate the way you thanked me when I was sitting quiet in my car, support-ticket-wise and forum/leb/let wise to see how things were settling and I was so happy (sarcasm) to see your comment above"

Apologize to bump a topic from 6th March but I have moved on. Wanted to close this thread.