Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gestion DBI ticket emails to former customers / service terminations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gestion DBI ticket emails to former customers / service terminations

Mark_RMark_R Member
edited June 2016 in General

Hi guys,

I wonder if any of you also are recieving alot of spam emails from gestiondbi.com

so far i have received 6 emails with the same content and no unsubscribe link. i have no active services with them and am not a customer any longer, this is unwanted email.

Screenshot:

This is getting kind of annoying.

Thanked by 2gsrdgrdghd boernd

Comments

• WinneWinne Member

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

Ticket emails are not emails that have unsubscribe links, they are not marketing.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2016

Sad attempt at public shaming. You know this isn't their support forum and that these emails were not spam, you just want to make them look bad. Title changed.

• Same problem here:

I don't have any services with them and no way of unsubscribing.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@jarland said:
    Sad attempt at public shaming. You know this isn't their support forum, you just want to make them look bad. Title changed.

i know that you are holding a grudge against me @jarland but seriously man, public shaming? im asking for input here, obviously these emails are not supposted to be emailed to me so it is spam.

That's a pretty rough WHMCS bug if more than one person is getting the same email for the same ticket.

edited June 2016

Mark_R said: i know that you are holding a grudge against me @jarland

No grudge, I deal with too many people on a daily basis to remember what you think I'm supposed to be angry with you about. But this is obviously a bug in their system and not them actively sending you unsolicited email. This is not something to declare them spammers over.

• ehabehab Member

not annoying at all, some software bug i think they are prioritizing vps restoration before fixing this glitch.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • well, if you checked their status page (which you probably wouldn't care), you would have seen info about their system glitching out crazily, solusvm integration broken, etc.

it's not annoying, but just bear with it for the sake of others - no software is perfect.

anyway, i rather be constantly reminded that they are trying to do something about this screwup than to receive nothing, as an active customer.

• RizRiz Member

@Mark_R said:

@jarland said:
    Sad attempt at public shaming. You know this isn't their support forum, you just want to make them look bad. Title changed.

i know that you are holding a grudge against me @jarland but seriously man, public shaming? im asking for input here, obviously these emails are not supposted to be emailed to me so it is spam.

Did you think to contact them before posting...?

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited June 2016

@jarland said:
    That's a pretty rough WHMCS bug if more than one person is getting the same email for the same ticket.

Hmm could be an older WHMCS bug that was sending random emails to people added as contacts or something like that.

Edit: silly me, they don't use WHMCS. In any case they look like they are experiencing major issues with their billing system, first it terminated a bunch of services and now sends tickets to random people - If I was them I would take the billing system offline until they can get everything under control, who knows what is the next thing that will happen...

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@jarland said:

Mark_R said: i know that you are holding a grudge against me @jarland

This is not something to declare them spammers over.

I disagree. I'm surprised that you think this is acceptable, i've had 6 emails coming in from a provider i had active services with maybe 1 year ago. its unwanted (spam) and keeps coming in.

Thanked by 1kerouac

Mark_R said: I disagree

So you believe that they are intentionally sending you these emails? What do you believe their motive to be?

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@jarland said:

So you believe that they are intentionally sending you these emails? What do you believe their motive to be?

i dont know if its intentional, i do know its something i should not receive.

• Their billing system is just fucked up basically lol.

Mark_R said: i dont know if its intentional

I'd like to think even I know them well enough to say that it's not. I wouldn't use language that lumps them together with people who intentionally send out unsolicited marketing emails. I'm sure a resolution and apology will follow.

• @jarland said:

"hey, our billing system broke on us, come get a vps?!!!!"

no.

Thanked by 2jar netomx
  • ehabehab Member

maybe mark is intentionally after jar today :P .. forgive me.

• zafouhar said: Edit: silly me, they don't use WHMCS. In any case they look like they are experiencing major issues with their billing system, first it terminated a bunch of services and now sends tickets to random people - If I was them I would take the billing system offline until they can get everything under control, who knows what is the next thing that will happen...

could they be using hostbill?

zafouhar said: Edit: silly me, they don't use WHMCS. In any case they look like they are experiencing major issues with their billing system, first it terminated a bunch of services and now sends tickets to random people - If I was them I would take the billing system offline until they can get everything under control, who knows what is the next thing that will happen...

Oh wow, I feel bad for everyone involved. That's a rough way to spend the weekend.

• jarland said: weekend

ticket (to all customers?) from 9/6/16, i've mentioned my vps wiped out a few days back, on cest pit too.

Dear customers,

Yesterday, an anomaly with our billing system result in automatic but not requested service termination for some of our customer service.
    Affected customer have received an email called: "Service Termination".

Take note, during the investigation we suspend access to the VPS Control Panel and to some feature in our Billing System.

To be clear, this is not an hack or a security issue, but an anomaly with our system that we are currently investigating with our staff and our management panel experts.

We can unfortunately confirm some data loss for a few customers. We are currently working on backup restoration for all affected customers. More information will be supplied in the restoration email. We suggest all our customer to get the own backup ready in case of restoration failure.

Due to the huge amount of work this implied, we can't give any ETA on restoration process, but we expect to complete it by Sunday June 12. All affected customer will receive a SLA compensation for this incident.

IMPORTANT: if you do not require a backup restoration and want a new and empty VPS in exchange, please open a ticket ASAP with the title "No backup restoration needed". We will then create a new VPS for you ASAP. 

We thank you for your patience during this outage, and we are all working hard to restore all services as fast as we can.

P.S: Support replies may be delayed due to the massive amount of tickets that we receive. For customers in need of management task (such as reboot, reinstall, etc.) please open a ticket with a proper title so we can process them for you in the meantime.

Once again, we are deeply sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

- From all the Gestion DBI Team

Kind regards,

===============================
    David B. / Technical Director - Owner
    Gestion DBI
    www.gestiondbi.com

Check the Status of our infrastructure: https://status.gestiondbi.com

Thanked by 1jar
  • looks like the fire still got out of the pit.

I got one of those termination email too and have temporary moved to elsewhere b4 things getting settle

theroyalstudent said: ticket (to all customers?) from 9/6/16

Ouch. I hadn't noticed that. Title adjusted to reflect, this seems to be a much larger situation than just ticket emails going to customers without previously active service.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2016

Okay, c'mon

1- You are a customer of us.
    2- This email is send to only ACTIVE AND HAVING A VPS WITH US customers only.
    3- This unfortunately can't be assign to only affected customers, so all customer having a VPS receive an email.
    4- Since some stu** folks decide to DDoS the Client Area during the outage, the IP get nullrouted every minutes and this cause issue to reach the mail server, and sometime cron start sending again.
    5- I don't care about the cron, since it's more important to restore Customer data than fixing a cron issue with no impact than having 3-6 email in my mailbox. This is my opinion however.
    6- Next time, open a ticket with your provider before shaming in public.
    7- Good new, We have more than 90% of the VPS restored.

THANK YOU to all who understand the issue and the impact and work with us to resolve it.
    For others, it's weekend, so go outside and drink a beer for me.

Regards, David

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@davidgestiondbi said:
    Okay, c'mon

1- You are a customer of us.
    2- This email is send to only ACTIVE AND HAVING A VPS WITH US customers only.
    3- This unfortunately can't be assign to only affected customers, so all customer having a VPS receive an email.
    4- Since some stu** folks decide to DDoS the Client Area during the outage, the IP get nullrouted every minutes and this cause issue to reach the mail server, and sometime cron start sending again.
    5- I don't care about the cron, since it's more important to restore Customer data than fixing a cron issue with no impact than having 3-6 email in my mailbox. This is my opinion however.
    6- Next time, open a ticket with your provider before shaming in public.
    7- Good new, We have more than 90% of the VPS restored.

THANK YOU to all who understand the issue and the impact and work with us to resolve it.
    For others, it's weekend, so go outside and drink a beer for me.

Regards, David

Hi,

I do not have active service with you. i'm getting tired of hearing my phone make notification sound and then see its your company sending me stuff again instead of a legitimate email message, will you fix this anytime soon? it looks like there are some ongoing issues internally at your company but that doesnt make this okay.

Thanked by 1kerouac

Open a ticket with your Email and Full name.

Will check where is your account.

• tommytommy Member

Nice screenshot of your phone :p

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@davidgestiondbi said:

I dont remember my account login, its been a while sorry. i believe it was at deepnet solutions.

PM'd you the email address i used there, things like full name are fake details for privacy reasons - i dont remember what i've filled into those fields.

Thanks.

@Mark_R said:

@davidgestiondbi said:

I dont remember my account login, its been a while sorry. i believe it was at deepnet solutions.

PM'd you the email address i used there, things like full name are fake details for privacy reasons - i dont remember what i've filled into those fields.

Thanks.

Ho! Found an account at your name!. Oups, it's now closed.
    Next time, try to contact your provider before shaming on forum.

Regards, David

Thanked by 1Peroni
This discussion has been closed.