Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Performance CPU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High Performance CPU

I need a VPS with 1-2 cores but with high speed ( > 3.6 GHz), for a computational application. If I can get > 8 GB RAM, that would be nice too. I tried digital ocean, their cpu speed is 2.0 GHz only. Any suggestion?

Comments

• For that sort of requirement you're going to be looking at an E3 or equivalent based VPS, which with 8GB RAM isn't going to be 'cheap' - What's your budget, location requirements etc? Is 8GB RAM actually necessary?

• vibhudvibhud Member

8gb is not required, it can use virtual memory. Budget is not a constraint, specially if I can get hourly rates. Location wise I would prefer US base server.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Hello,

Our KVM SSD package is clocked at 3.6GHz (Turbo) and is located in Canada. You can try it for free for 1 day - wishosting.com

• We have an E5 @ 3.7 GHz (1620v2) in Canada (OVH) with hourly billing and KVM virtualization. You may feel free to drop me a PM if interested and we can happily give a trial first.

• FalzoFalzo Member

AFAIR @pbgben offers a line of higher clocked cores... can't tell about performance/quality/usability though.

as you are probably looking for a host which not only offers those rates but also allows you to max them to your needs I suggest always asking presales via ticket ;-)

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2016

Hello we just launched a high clock (3.5Ghz) KVM based lineup :) you can rip the dedicated CPU thread(s) 24/7.

What's your budget like?

Francisco

Thanked by 1YourLastHost
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

Hi you can check this : http://client.host4fun.com/cart.php?gid=25

8GB Ram , 3xCPU , 30GB SSD , 4TB BW for $15/month !

• We have E3-1270v5's available in the UK if they are of use?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Might not be in his budget for the memory, thanks though.

@vibhud We use i7-4790K (4.0GHz) processors for our OpenVZ. I could make sure you get on a system with lower usage if you only need 1-2 cores.

• BradBrad Member
    edited June 2016

Judging from your requirements, you're going to be doing some resource-intensive tasks, so I'd suggest you read the provider's TOS before purchasing to avoid disappointment.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

@Falzo said:
    AFAIR @pbgben offers a line of higher clocked cores... can't tell about performance/quality/usability though.

as you are probably looking for a host which not only offers those rates but also allows you to max them to your needs I suggest always asking presales via ticket ;-)

Thanks for the mention!

We have a 4Ghz KVM node. 8GB RAM and 4vCPU is 20$/month Check the link in my sig to find out more.

edited June 2016

@pbgben said:

@Falzo said:

Thanks for the mention!

We have a 4Ghz KVM node. 8GB RAM and 4vCPU is 20$/month Check the link in my sig to find out more.

How are you offering 32GB (4x8GB) for $80.00/month when the system itself cost $79.00/month?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@EVM_Mike said:

@pbgben said:

@Falzo said:

Thanks for the mention!

How are you offering 32GB (4x8GB) for $80.00/month when the system itself cost $79.00/month by itself?

Secret sauce.

I guess I shouldn't call out people for overselling when we're on LowEndTalk. :-(

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • https://ForceCloud.io - $12/month, 2 CPU @ 3.7GHz, 2GB RAM, 30GB SSD Disk Space

• I need a VPS with 1-2 cores but with high speed ( > 3.6 GHz), for a computational application. If I can get > 8 GB RAM, that would be nice too. I tried digital ocean, their cpu speed is 2.0 GHz only. Any suggestion?

You can try the AWS but it will not be cheap of course.