Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting Politically Sensitive Material - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting Politically Sensitive Material

13»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@faulwurf said:
    First, I'm not from netherlands, why do you think so?

Ah VPN my bad.

I think I already gave you an example but I will try another angle.

You are right you can say what you like in the US but the consequences are a little bit different, at least to my country. (Read my last post - or google about any NYT journalist which wrote about an agency)

That's a bit different of a topic. I've remained firmly on topic, as I responded to the topic.

I thought we're having an interessting discussion here and I believe you asked for it:

jarland said: What I said stands, and contrary to your opinion you've made no intellectual challenge to it.

Certainly I'm up for discussion on topic surrounding my comments. Why a few people insist that I go off topic so that the thread is forcefully led to an indictment of the US on topics that differ from the one this thread is about, however, I'm a bit more confused about.

..but to get to an end, no I do not want you to bash the US. You're right I was upset but only because I thought that you are trying to say that talking about three letter agencies and their practices are conspiracy theories, which stated my second last quote from you. Maybe we're talking at cross purposes. Put simple, as you asked for it, I'm out here ;)

Certainly that wasn't what I was talking about, and if you read my original post you'll see plainly that I wasn't. I quoted it in my previous post to make it simple. We can talk NSA all day, that has nothing to do with my statement. Yet, a few seem to be demanding that I adjust my statement to make room for yet another NSA conversation. I'm not interested. They suck, I'm tired of talking about them.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2016

faulwurf said: Besides that, even if you are a US citizen life won't be the same after you piss of $agency. They can do whatever they want with the consent of FISC even with US citizens. Remember, it is the so called 'Yes-committee'. I don't think it's fun to be a person on the DHS list espacially if you are a tech person or trying to travel around..

In this cases you need allies, problem is then though if you are not 100% clean (which no one is) everyone will try to prevent this from happening with this data. As usual, the government has the advantage over private companies here, an information monopoly essentially (unless you live in Florida, which has this open registries for everything, very creepy).

Because - and yes, simple as this - if they want you in jail and have nothing, they get you some tax crimes or lots of small shit you cannot really prove wrong. Or they just get you into the crime by using older information, or someone from your past.

If you are still free they have not enough or you are not as much concern as you think, or you are and the plan is not jail but... yea.

However, this is again the very high end of the scale* (and IF it happens like this, the case numbers per year are single digit), the US gov likes to monitor people heavily but considering that there are hundreds of high ranked Taliban fighters still alive and ISIS/ISIL is still a thing the DHS and the external agencies have many other concerns until you really get annoying. Then theres usually a suicide.... and it's really hard to know if that was then influenced external (not even direct, psychological things go a very long way).

• = While not proven to happen in the last time, and while being very into conspiracy theories already, this things happened in the past and to other CIA and NSA (even FBI) ventures they are absolutely nothing in any regard (reminder: MKULTRA).
  • I think to do this right, you not only need to protect your online identity, using a non-logging VPN (or Tor), transact in Bitcoins, but you also need to consider your safety offline.

Perhaps it's time look into moving to another country?

• @OnApp_Terry said:
    Perhaps it's time look into moving to another country?

Maybe you can be a patron to anybody who needs to move away? :D

However given situation @neps described, I think it's fine to have multiple encapsulated VPN and proxies and tunnels. This would be traceable tho, however gives performance assurance. If anonymity first, then Tor is pretty much you can't get away with.

But I am more curious what audience you targeting? I mean if it's a blog you want to mumble around, then localhost is the best place with FDE and LUKS, possibly extra token or 2FA for BIOS/Drive encryption.

My suggested places of where the server shall be:

• Taiwan
    • Netherland
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@GCat said:
    Bitcoins are never an assurance of privacy, if you can do a bit of work you can trace the origin, and if you have for example a video of the person or conversation of the suspect buying them in person or logs online to buy them, you can link them to a person. Then why you use tor as a backend is because it's more private, for these needs, if you need upload/download a lot, do it over tor, sacrifice some time, and accept a bit more reasonable privacy for the origin. Then you can have the website visible to the public, but the backend only seen from the hs.

Ever heard of Bitcoin Mixer? You can buy Bitcoins ONLINE via LocalBitcoins.

Or if you still want "privacy" then load your Payeer/OKPay/Payza/Perfect Money/etc wallets with real money. Get them converted to Bitcoins and then use a Bitcoin Mixer service. Create a new wallet on blockchain.info or any other online wallet service. WALLAH!!! It would near to impossible to trace the origin of the bitcoins.

• lazytlazyt Member

Last I saw stormfront was hosted in the US. You can't get much more radical then white supremist Nazi types.

Thanked by 1raptorpeanutbuttr
  • tuxtux Member
    edited June 2016

@William said:

jh said: Can't you just host in a country that doesn't like the country you're criticising?

That's the usual, yea, US criticism in EU/Russia, Russia in US/EU, EU in US or (rarely) Russia.

But both USA and EU doesn't like those people who want criticize Western interventionist anti-Russian foreign policy in Ukrainian crisis. Of course there are some states in EU which thinking different way, but generally speaking against Western narrative in Ukrainian crisis is prohibit in EU and USA.

• FritzFritz Veteran

What is the main topic here?

This topic is going soo off topic.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I'm extremely skeptical that anyone in LET is capable of posting anything, anywhere that would interest the US gov't.

We all chase pretentions...being a revolutionary is a popular one. The reality is that none of your opinions on politics matter.

Go invent something. That's the beat way to change the world.

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

How about OVH. Octave Klaba is known for hosting WikiLeaks even after court orders and US govt intervention.

• tux said: Of course there are some states in EU which thinking different way, but generally speaking against Western narrative in Ukrainian crisis is prohibit in EU and USA.

Fairly sure i could blog whatever i want in Austria about that and be fully legal, not really an issue or "hot topic" anymore either.

• nepsneps Member

raindog308 said: We all chase pretentions...being a revolutionary is a popular one. The reality is that none of your opinions on politics matter.

Our democracy is a young one. The revolutionaries who actually remember the darker times aren't simply people in the textbooks for us; they're our parents and grandparents. It would be an insult to their memory and to those who gave their lives to simply do nothing. The autocratic ghosts of the past have come back riding on popular opinion, so only by changing popular opinion can a crisis be averted.

A nod to the context in your post though, I really doubt the US cares about me or what I have to say. Mostly concerned about my own government.

Thanked by 1jar