Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need helps for a storage vps in DMCA FREE country
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need helps for a storage vps in DMCA FREE country

gabriellgabriell Member

Hi guys, i'm seeking a vps which fulfills following requests. I appreciate for any helps if you have.

• one onpenvz vps in any DMCA FREE country
  • 512 MB ram
  • At least 200 GB disk space,(decent io speed please!)
  • 250 transfer is enough
  • Download and upload has not to be fast, but must be reliable.
  • the most i can afford is 30$ annually, i'm poor right now. I can pay biennally if it's cheap. I'm sorry guys,
    I know it's hard to find such vps, please give any suggestions you have. Thank you very much!!

Comments

• tommytommy Member

none

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

Why are you exactly looking for a DMCA free country? Each country had a different law/policy, so it might be useful if you can mention what you are exactly going to host - this way LET can help you a lot easier :-)

• noamannoaman Member

@gabriell said:
    Hi guys, i'm seeking a vps which fulfills following requests. I appreciate for any helps if you have.

• one onpenvz vps in any DMCA FREE country
    • 512 MB ram
    • At least 200 GB disk space,(decent io speed please!)
    • 250 transfer is enough
    • Download and upload has not to be fast, but must be reliable.
    • the most i can afford is 30$ annually, i'm poor right now. I can pay biennally if it's cheap. I'm sorry guys,
      I know it's hard to find such vps, please give any suggestions you have. Thank you very much!!

@time4vps...but with limited IO

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

noaman said: DMCA FREE country

Lithuania isn't DMCA free country. We have copyright protection laws in place and we respect them. We do not support any illegal activities regarding copyright material.

Do not include us as country where you can freely distribute copyright material. Thank you.

• rds100rds100 Member

Also the term "storage VPS" is used incorrectly here. A storage VPS is something you use to store your own stuff - backups, whatever. It is not something you use to serve files to third parties.
    So a real storage VPS should never receive any DMCA complaints - because noone besides you knows what's in there.

What the OP is looking for should not be called "storage VPS". It is a normal VPS with large disk space.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:
    Also the term "storage VPS" is used incorrectly here. A storage VPS is something you use to store your own stuff - backups, whatever. It is not something you use to serve files to third parties.
    So a real storage VPS should never receive any DMCA complaints - because noone besides you knows what's in there.

What the OP is looking for should not be called "storage VPS". It is a normal VPS with large disk space.

Storage vps for download Torrent is probably what op wants. IMO a storage vps is a loose term.

• twiigltwiigl Member

@time4vps said:

Lithuania isn't DMCA free country

LOL didn't know that Lithuania is part of the USA. Maybe Lithuania has a copyright law, but I'm pretty sure not DMCA

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@twiigl said:

@time4vps said:

Lithuania isn't DMCA free country

LOL didn't know that Lithuania is part of the USA. Maybe Lithuania has a copyright law, but I'm pretty sure not DMCA

Don't be a pedant, we all know what DCMA-free is shorthand for on LET.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • All i'm going to do is uploading my own files like music and videos(movies) for back up, and using for torrent downloading. I request a vps in a DMCA free country just in case of violating copyrights. I don't want the providers to shut down my service immediately and give me no chance to back up my files again if i have any troubles related to copyrights. Actually, i will delete any files from the vps at least if the provider notices me such problems in advance.

• twiigltwiigl Member

@Nekki said:

But that's the point, in the EU there is EUCD and this applies to Lithuania and also Romania if someone is gonna to mention @cociu because of "DMCA free".

So OP should skip USA, CA, EU.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@twiigl said:

@Nekki said:

But that's the point, in the EU there is EUCD and this applies to Lithuania and also Romania if someone is gonna to mention @cociu because of "DMCA free".

So OP should skip USA, CA, EU.

People know @cociu doesn't give a crap about copyright notices, that's why people mention him.

He's not going to outright say that he ignores EUCD, is he.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

time4vps said: Do not include us as country where you can freely distribute copyright material.

Can be applied also for Romania wrongly advertised as copyrights free country.

• PandyPandy Member

well considering the torrent downloading, couldn't you just use a vpn/proxy for the download, so you wouldn't get any strikes?

i mean thats extra thing to buy, but whatever

Thanked by 1gabriell
  • noamannoaman Member

@time4vps said:

Lithuania isn't DMCA free country. We have copyright protection laws in place and we respect them. We do not support any illegal activities regarding copyright material.

Okay I admit...you don't want these type of customers

Do not include us as country where you can freely distribute copyright material. Thank you.

The op requested 200gb of bandwidth ..assuming 100gb of internal bandwidth ...

I really don't think he would be doing much sharing....with the amount of bandwidth left

• @noaman said:

I even don't think about share any material with anyone else.

this is my reason to order a vps:

All i'm going to do is uploading my own files like music and videos(movies) for back up, and using for torrent downloading. I request a vps in a DMCA free country just in case of violating copyrights. I don't want the providers to shut down my service immediately and give me no chance to back up my files again if i have any troubles related to copyrights. Actually, i will delete any files from the vps at least if the provider notices me such problems in advance.

• @gabriell said:

All i'm going to do is uploading my own files like music and videos(movies) for back up, and using for torrent downloading. I request a vps in a DMCA free country just in case of violating copyrights. I don't want the providers to shut down my service immediately and give me no chance to back up my files again if i have any troubles related to copyrights. Actually, i will delete any files from the vps at least if the provider notices me such problems in advance.

I think it should not be problem as long as you don't open it for public consume.

And you could give additionally in your Web about DMCA in main point said give accentuation if objection about copyright must be sent from the email web of source content.

• @d2itsme said:

@gabriell said:

I think it should not be problem as long as you don't open it for public consume.

And you could give additionally in your Web about DMCA in main point said give accentuation if objection about copyright must be sent from the email web of source content.

or how about this don't bother as doing anything illegal is frowned upon here at let according to the rules
    @jarland @Ishaq @Amitz @jcaleb

• IshaqIshaq Member

@timnboys

Stop highlighting us, there is a flag button for a reason.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited June 2016

gabriell said: All i'm going to do is uploading my own files like music and videos(movies) for back up, and using for torrent downloading. I request a vps in a DMCA free country just in case of violating copyrights. I don't want the providers to shut down my service immediately and give me no chance to back up my files again if i have any troubles related to copyrights. Actually, i will delete any files from the vps at least if the provider notices me such problems in advance.

Most decent providers will allow you to explain your side of the story, along with forwarding copyright complaints so you can remove the offending files. Anything above a couple of complaints a month might piss your provider off.

Check out https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/84555/uk-openvz-storage-vps-100gb-2-mo-torrenting-allowed-native-ipv6-free-backups-e3v5-cpu - we forward and follow up on valid abuse complaints.

If you need a custom offer with 200GB space for $25 a year, send me a PM!

• @timnboys
    Radiculous.Can i accuse you of libel? See what i posted !

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I'm not sure why, but I'm really tired of the "ethics of p2p networks" debate.

Oh, wait I remember why - because it's been discussed to death here a billion times.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish Nekki
This discussion has been closed.