Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel Question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel Question

tobiasgtobiasg Member
edited March 2013 in General

Usually I order cPanel when I first order through a provider. Usually around $15/mo for cPanel.
Is this the best way to do it, or should I be renting licenses on my own?
Why do most providers I've seen not have the cPanel option when signing up?
Thanks!

Comments

• RyanDRyanD Member

We do our cPanel licensing different. Since we are a distributor we can do both internal and external licensing and we built a cpanel license module into our client portal.

Our clients have self-service license capability and can add/remove/edit licenses automatically from within the portal.

That said, we don't offer them at sign-up time so our order forms are a bit weird.

Maybe others are doing the same?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Only "big" providers offer it a $10-15 because they get it for cheaper.

• jhjh Member

Easier to get it from the provider IMHO - one less supplier to deal with. Only reason not to is if they're charging a fortune for one.

• Thanks, I'm quite noobish when it comes to cPanel ordering. I prefer adding it to my shopping cart when ordering the VPS.

• Just go to buycpanel.net, it's fairly painless and if you move from one provider to another you can swap the license IP instantly so there's no wasted time.

• @RyanD said: That said, we don't offer them at sign-up time so our order forms are a bit weird.

How much is it? Might be interested if the price is good.

• @concerto49 said: How much is it? Might be interested if the price is good.

https://www.buycpanel.com/special Great deal.

• I was wondering if @RyanD has better deals if we take up a server or colo space. I understand what is available elsewhere thanks.

• RyanDRyanD Member
    edited March 2013

@Concerto49 yes we can do volume pricing and "internal" licenses are always cheaper than "external" with somewhere like buycpanel. It is all self-service in our portal so you can add as many as you need, when you need.

Internal pricing is $25 Full / $15 VPS with no volume.

• HoloshedHoloshed Member
    edited March 2013

I will be honest, there is a deal on WHT for 13.00 for vps license and a certain place (you can look around to find who) will price match if you choose to go there.

I use them for everything since they price match any offer I find for products they sell.

• cPanel is such a waste of money, I don't know why everyone is nuts for it.

It's really easy running a site without it, the only real need is for managing a bunch of shared.

• @HardWareGuy said: cPanel is such a waste of money, I don't know why everyone is nuts for it.

We don't want it actually, but our clients does. That the beauty of it.

I use ISP Config 3 on every VPS for project/private usage.