Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

solusvm partition
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

solusvm partition

mcsmmcsm Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hi,

Can someone help me, what is the best way to deploy a Centos 6 server with the solusvm recommended partitions?

/ 80GB+ (KVM templates & iso's will be stored in /home/solusvm/kvm)
SWAP 4GB+ (Virtual servers may use host swap if there is a real memory shortage)
Logical Volume Group (LVM) remaining space (Logical Volume Group Only, SolusVM will create the logical volumes for the virtual servers inside this group)

I am interested to know what to do when we reach the "partition table laid out" during the centos installation where you have several volumes and hardrives. What do we change?

thank you

Comments

• mcsmmcsm Member

Yes Jack, with KVM

• jhjh Member

It all depends on your setup. If you're using ordinary disks and space isn't at a premium then just create a single RAID array with all the disks and break it up roughly as you described (though you probably don't need 80GB for /).

If you're using SSDs for example then you can be a bit more clever to save space.

• mcsmmcsm Member

Jack,
    I need to know what to do, I have a raid1 with 2 disks, and when I boot I get an image like this one: http://linuxmoz.com/how-to-install-centos-6-linux-for-servers-desktops/ just after the image that have the "use all space" option selected

in this case there is a lv_root ext4 and a lv_swap with 2gb called swp

in this situation what will I have to do? to delete both and create a new lv_root with 80gb and a lv_swap with 4gb? what is the normal action to do here?

• mcsmmcsm Member

so can anyone assist me with this issue?

• mcsmmcsm Member

is this the correct way

but it seems LVM partition is this the correct way to do it at solusvm?