Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Tor VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Tor VPS

NeoNeo Banned
edited March 2013 in General

Hi,

Im looking for a VPS where is a Tor Relay allowed because i lost my 3 VPS's at a other host they changed there TOS.
Specs: 1CPU or eqaul share, 128MB Memory, 5GB HDD 500GB+ Traffic included
Should be max 20$Dollars per Year, i would buy two of them.
But not iperweb/prometeus i have already one there.

Comments

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited March 2013

$20 a year? You're kidding right. I'll let you run a tor relay on a private server of mine, but I'd charge you $2/week.

• Most places allow TOR relay nodes since the traffic is encrypted.

• NeoNeo Banned

Yeah but buyvm not more..

• I know quite a few people who run relay nodes on DigitalOcean

• NeoNeo Banned

I will only pay max 20$ per Year for a lowendvps but not per month 5$.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited March 2013

@Neo I can do this in all locations.

• NickkNickk Member

@Neo said: Yeah but buyvm not more..

What? Have you read the FAQ? You just need to have the IP SWIPd to you and you are allowed to run it.

• NeoNeo Banned

I ask per Ticket, there will be update ther TOS in next days its not more allowed then.

• @Nick said: You just need to have the IP SWIPd to you and you are allowed to run it.

Not anymore.

• We allow TOR relays, see my signature.

• NickkNickk Member

@Jack said: Nope, Aldryic got pissed with the CP Reports and the fact that the owner of the box wasn't doing anything about them.

Oh fair enough then. TOR is nothing but trouble.

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited March 2013

@Nick said: TOR is nothing but trouble.

That's a logical assumption, but not true. The problem is very typical: you only get e-mails when it gets abused, nobody from China or w/e will e-mail you thanking you for having a tor exit. It's just how humans work, we usually only notice negative things.

• NickkNickk Member

@BronzeByte said: That's a logical assumption, but not true. The problem is very typical: you only get e-mails when it gets abused, nobody from China or w/e will e-mail you thanking you for having a tor exit. It's just how humans work, we usually only notice negative things.

Without trying to get too offtopic:

I'm not disagreeing with the fundamental principal of tor, but it just seems way too easy for it to be abused by people who are up to no good. But how do you separate the pedos and terrorists from legitimate users? I don't know.

• @Nick said: But how do you separate the pedos and terrorists from legitimate users?

You don't, but you won't notice it when 99 North Korean people are on twitter and one sick mofo is on a CP site. It will seem like the CP guy is the only one using it because he gets you a nice letter, the legit user don't.

• NeoNeo Banned

I chosen RamNode again, but i need at least 1VPS more any recommendation?

• antivenantiven Member
    edited March 2013

I know edis.at used to allow Tor entry/relay nodes, but then they stopped allowing it for a while because of some DDOS exploit. They've fudged up their website layout now and I can't find any updates on whether they still allow it.

As for DigitalOcean, even though its been recommended in this thread, its listed under "Bad experience" here:
    https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/GoodBadISPs

I think your best bet is to go with BuyVM.

@curtisg said: $20 a year? You're kidding right. I'll let you run a tor relay on a private server of mine, but I'd charge you $2/week.

This offer is bullshit, ignore him.

@Jack said: Nope, Aldryic got pissed with the CP Reports and the fact that the owner of the box wasn't doing anything about them.

How did he get CP reports on a relay node?

@Nick said: But how do you separate the pedos and terrorists from legitimate users?

You can't. They've designed it so you're unable to. Thats how it should be. You can't compromise on any aspect of anonymity because it will undermine your whole model.

EDIT: It seems like you have plenty of good offers in this thread now.

• @antiven said: This offer is bullshit, ignore him.

nope, its not.who gave you the right to call it bullshit and tell them to ignore me?.

• @curtisg said: nope, its not.who gave you the right to call it bullshit and tell them to ignore me?.

You mock him for asking for a server at that price point, and now other providers have replied stating that they're willing to meet the OP at that price. Ergo, OP should ignore you.

• @antiven said: Ergo, OP should ignore you.

You don't have the right to tell him to ignore me, that'd be like going into a store and wanting to buy items worth $500 and tell him you're only going to pay $50. It just won't work out in your favor.

• NeoNeo Banned

Moment.... you get lowendbox vps's here they have 500GB included traffic for arround 15$ per Year they only must allow Tor.
    So idk what your problem is.

• antivenantiven Member
    edited March 2013

@curtisg said: You don't have the right to tell him to ignore me, that'd be like going into a store and wanting to buy items worth $500 and tell him you're only going to pay $50. It just won't work out in your favor.

Your analogy sucks, and this conversation is a waste of time. Move on.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Neo said: I chosen RamNode again, but i need at least 1VPS more any recommendation?

I was about to point you in our direction, but looks like you figured it out! Just so we're all on the same page, we only allow relays (NO EXITS), but you sound like you're aware of that.

• NeoNeo Banned

@Nick_A Im running only Relays ;D

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Carry on and enjoy.

• We allow relays, not exits.

• We allow relays.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Nick said: I'm not disagreeing with the fundamental principal of tor, but it just seems way too easy for it to be abused by people who are up to no good. But how do you separate the pedos and terrorists from legitimate users? I don't know.

The point is that you can't.

The inability to reliably distinguish one thing from another is what makes TOR so secure. It's an inherent part of the model.

• Problem with relays is that it's a config change and a restart to turn it into a exit.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@curtisg said: Not anymore.

Hmmm, their AUP still details a TOR policy in detail:

https://my.frantech.ca/aup.php

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said: @curtisg said: Not anymore.

Hmmm, their AUP still details a TOR policy in detail:

https://my.frantech.ca/aup.php

There's a revised & cleaned up TOS/AUP due this week from Aldryic.

Francisco